Out-of-Character Chat

I have two rough ideas, but I'm not sure which would be preferable.

1: Having gone overlooked due to their like of strength, a Dark Guild has finally devised a way to prove their worth and exact vengeance on the various Legal Guilds. After remaining idle for a long period of time, they have finally perfected a Magic capable of reverting people into children. With the Mages now weakened, they decide toy with them before dealing the killing blow.

After the simultaneous attack on all the guilds, the affected Mages are brought into a dimension reminiscent to a nursery or a broken toy box. Here, they will be gathered until each one is eventually brought into the memories of their past, becoming disconnected with reality as they are shown pleasant images.

The only way to break free is for the characters to remember their lives up until that point and who they truly are.

2) A simpler, less physical version, characters are turned into children through means of a Magical gas that has been leaked across certain points in Fiore. With the same personalites of their child forms and having no memories beyond their ages, the characters explore the world with their smaller forms. Guild Masters may attempt to rectify this by gathering the the Mages in one spot until they can figure out how to deal with the chaos.

Depends on if you want comedy or seriousness. The second one is more focused on comedy it seems, while the first one seems more serious.

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]Depends on if you want comedy or seriousness. The second one is more focused on comedy it seems, while the first one seems more serious.

[/QUOTE]
The first one has a bit of comedy, especially since the villains aren't entirely threatening. It's more of an opportunity to explore the histories of the characters and how they've changed over time.

The second one is for purely comedic purposes and general random activity.

I think the first choice provides a great opportunity for people to show their character's backstories which can always be a really difficult thing to reference in regular rp stuff. I think it would be awesome to have all the backstories in one place too

It's particularly interesting for the characters who have gone a complete reversal in their personalities since they were children.

Ah I remember writing about Alyssa being a happy child...

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]It's particularly interesting for the characters who have gone a complete reversal in their personalities since they were children.

[/QUOTE]
*coughAlyssacough*

Ugh...I thought I would go to bed early, but now I stayed up an extra hour to read manga...Wonderful. <.< Well, anyways. Night, crew. Talk to you all tomorrow afternoon.

Awww :(

Alyssa was the product of a one night stand and her mother was left heartbroken after being lied to. When Alyssa was younger, her mother got ill and died.

Refaulted said:
Ugh...I thought I would go to bed early, but now I stayed up an extra hour to read manga...Wonderful. <.< Well, anyways. Night, crew. Talk to you all tomorrow afternoon.
Nighty night!

Refaulted said:
Have a good rest, Ref.

DeadgurlXD said:
Stapes um....stapes....WAS a normal child.....WAY back in the day......then....crap....happened....
I think that's how it went for most of the characters.

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]Awww :(
Alyssa was the product of a one night stand and her mother was left heartbroken after being lied to. When Alyssa was younger, her mother got ill and died.

[/QUOTE]
I want to like this but....I feel like a horrible person if I do..

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]
I think that's how it went for most of the characters.

[/QUOTE]
xD true true

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]Awww :(

[/QUOTE]
On account of his amnesia, Qrow's earliest memory was waking up in a destroyed village. He was then raised by a Dragon, who eventually dissapeared, leaving him alone. He then found Hearth, his Exceed partner, who he raised from an egg and traveled with for a long period of time. Then they were drugged, enslaved, Hearth was shot dead, and he started a string of merciless murders.

Isanna was born to a rich family that hated magic. She was almost kidnapped but got away when they were trying to erase her memory. She lost her memory but stumbled upon a dragon.

Day dragon left , she found her exceed Tsukina, and they stayed together before Isanna regained her memory and went back to her parents estate.

The two had to hide their magic but one day her mother overheard Tsukina talking and went to kill the cat. Isanna attacked her mother and the two had seconds to get away before being killed

xD there was probably some fedoras in the wardrobe he left behind when he ran away from his family because he was replaced with Stapes (although he was the smart one cause they made her crazy)

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]Isanna was born to a rich family that hated magic. She was almost kidnapped but got away when they were trying to erase her memory. She lost her memory but stumbled upon a dragon.
Day dragon left , she found her exceed Tsukina, and they stayed together before Isanna regained her memory and went back to her parents estate.

The two had to hide their magic but one day her mother overheard Tsukina talking and went to kill the cat. Isanna attacked her mother and the two had seconds to get away before being killed

[/QUOTE]
O.o

DeadgurlXD said:
xD there was probably some fedoras in the wardrobe he left behind when he ran away from his family because he was replaced with Stapes (although he was the smart one cause they made her crazy)

O.o
I'm planning on dabbling with insanity in the future. Although, that won't be for a long time in the roleplay.

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]Isanna was born to a rich family that hated magic. She was almost kidnapped but got away when they were trying to erase her memory. She lost her memory but stumbled upon a dragon.

[/QUOTE]
Maybe there should be a "Make This Character Happy" movement.

A realistic/modern character I have has her parents killed in a car accident during a thunderstorm when she was 6, putting her in the system with depression

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]Lol
I'm so awesome at tragic backgrounds xD

[/QUOTE]
I think the majority of my characters are based on tragedy. If not, I eventually break them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back