OOC

And I too generally like to just observe - which is what I've been doing for the grander portion of time that I've been here, but I decided I'd better interact with some of you strange people, seeing as you're going to have to get used to:

-My occasional grammar Nazi tendencies.

-My stubourness.

-My twisted ideas, vague speech, and abstract concepts.

-My tendency to refer to a skull on my desk as Jack, or first mate.

-The occasional inexplicable explination which I will try to explain in the most explicable way explainable.

And many more shenanigans.

Technically, though nothing exists. It isn't real. See, there is always something, because if you are where there is nothing, then there is something, and if you don't know about it, then it doesn't exist. But it's not nothing because it is still something. Because it still takes up space even if it's nothing. 

Technically, though nothing exists. It isn't real. See, there is always something, because if you are where there is nothing, then there is something, and if you don't know about it, then it doesn't exist. But it's not nothing because it is still something. Because it still takes up space even if it's nothing. 

If your saying that nothing is something than your putting yourself in a paradoxical situation. If your going with nihilism with the idealism that everything is unfair, unwanted or not needed. I agree with you.

Not technically. Look at it from an objective point of view: let's imagine a theoretical space where "nothing" exists. That space is probably somewhere in the (theoretically) infinite eons, whether you imagine it or not. So you're point "if you're there, then something there exists" or "if you don't know about it, it doesn't exist" are nulled - and that second one is very subjective. Things exist whether we are here or not. And nothing doesn't take up space, its the absence of something to take up space. Then again, that is only as far as the human race knows. But for the time being, that is how we will have to presume it is.

Not technically. Look at it from an objective point of view: let's imagine a theoretical space where "nothing" exists. That space is probably somewhere in the (theoretically) infinite eons, whether you imagine it or not. So you're point "if you're there, then something there exists" or "if you don't know about it, it doesn't exist" are nulled - and that second one is very subjective. Things exist whether we are here or not. And nothing doesn't take up space, its the absence of something to take up space. Then again, that is only as far as the human race knows. But for the time being, that is how we will have to presume it is.

I have to say, this is kinda like how Wonder Woman's weapon of truth works. It only pulls out what the person believes what they heard or know is true. 

Hmm, if you're going to put it that way won't that mean that nothing is something? If there is (theoretically) a space where "nothing" exists, then that fact that it exists means it's already something.

Oh boy. I'ma go back to eating popcorn. *munchmunch*

EDIT: And is "stubourness" the same as stubbornness

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, you're thinking too subjectively. Think beyond human understanding and perception. In a space where matter is absent, there only exists the concept of "nothing".

Anyhow. We should probably leave this topic be now - was quite interesting to discuss with all of you. I don't generally get many chances to rant on about such things, because most people my own age don't really care, and mature adults don't seem capable of listening to me till' the end.

Again, you're thinking too subjectively. Think beyond human understanding and perception. In a space where matter is absent, there only exists the concept of "nothing".

Anyhow. We should probably leave this topic be now - was quite interesting to discuss with all of you. I don't generally get many chances to rant on about such things, because most people my own age don't really care, and mature adults don't seem capable of listening to me till' the end.

Eh, I'm at school. I have the time to converse with people on these types of topics.

Ohhh, man, I would love to be able to learn Japanese. I'm an Otaku, some of the filthiest anime trash out there. But with less emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back