[OOC] To the Roots... [The Hidden Truths]

Yeah, the key words being proper technique. I doubt proper technique consists of tossing, not one, but two fully-armored men held by the collar with one arm. :P

EDIT: BTW, Karrth. Reading a Weapon is a Miscellaneous action; so unless I'm terribly mistaken it would unfortunately take Tarsus 5 ticks to do all of that. >_>

It's both easier than D20 and yet it's more complicated.
Quite so. But trust me, once you get over that first learning curve, you'll never want to go back to D20. Despite the complexity in some areas, this system replicates both reality and chance far better.

Well, at least I think so. :P

But, back to your action: to be honest, I wouldn't suggest spending the time to nab another weapon. Unless it's of more than basic quality, you're likely to fare better with the greatsword you had. If we just keep pelting the DB with attacks, he'll eventually run out of motes. At that point, with one nasty swipe from Silver Tusks' Grand Goremaul it will be all over. :twisted:

EDIT: Oh, I forgot that Tarsus specializes in dual-wielding. Disregard my previous statement.

That's a 2-die stunt? :shock: Where's the use of the environment... >_>

Of course Silver Tusks is going to do something. I'm working up a defensive stunt, making use of an Excellency, and may channel a Willpower.

Channel a virtue dude ! He has 9 suxx ! :shock:

I thought the move was cool and deserved 2d, but I strongly advise our esteemed ST to avoid using stunting but for defense or if caught in an epic 1 on 1 duel (which is not the case). :)

Just a friendly advice.

Before I started to ST exalted on tabletop in 2004, this good friend came to me and asked that I ST the game, but feared to play it again, because his past ST traumatized him with his DBs who beated the crap out of the group every time they met one. The guy used stunts all the time, regened motes like hell and made the best possible use of reflexive charms...

(fortunately for him I wasn't that cruel on them and we happily played for 4 years til I left home)

Ye too be warned :D

Alright, I'll keep that in mind cyl. I certainly wouldn't want this game to disappear, I'm having fun running this game...

I'll keep stunting to a minimum from now on, at least for your enemies.

Oh you're not risking the game's disappearance don't worry about that, you got us all hooked. :)

The only risk is just your players becoming very very shy and avoiding combat at all cost... and loosing the epic anime ass kicking feel of the game.

I personally like to reserve stunts for villains and such who play important roles in the plot. Unraveled of Hopes and Dreams is definitely a character who should be stunting, I think. Random-ass DB #5? Probably not, but some circumstances may warrant it.

Oh, and the comment about the environment? That was straight out of the Core. Though, not everyone follows the guidelines for stunts to the letter, nor need they. I personally prefer to do so so, whether I'm STing and judging them or the player doing the stunting, and you can expect such from me every time I make a post. Obviously, I see you have your own way of doing them, which is cool too.

Yeah, and as far as the game's disappearance goes, don't worry. You've got a great plot working in the background, so you're fine. Though as cyl is saying, if you want us to feel all right about engaging in combat, we need fight opponents that are tough, but not always situationally unbeatable. For example: if Silver Tusks' goes totemic here, he's screwed; I doubt this will actually happen, regardless of how you play it out, but if there were more DBs it would definitely be possible.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, and if you want deliberately throw a combat at us that's over our heads for a specific reason, that's cool. You can't, nor shouldn't, win everything by beating it, and maintaining a balance of different types of opposition will keep things interesting for us.

First time of my life that I was scared by two mortals playing exalted by the way... not being exalted in exalted is like sushis without tuna or salmon... you're just another grain of rice :lol:

I totally understand that, and I'm glad you're all hooked on the plot and story, that bodes well.

Knowing the Situation you're all in, and the fact that the Lunar is the only Exalt right now, I had no intention fo pitting you guys against several DBs, but this guy could possibly return again, though probably no more more than once or twice more at most, before you sweep the floor with his sorry ass.

I will post his stats once this combat scene is over, and you'll find that he's a bit experienced, but not truly combat oriented.

Cyl, your Comment is part of the sense I wanted to instill in you guys, at least until you Exalt, which is what this story is all about...

Hahaha, yeah man it's a rush. I have another game I'm in where we play mortal children who are Exalting. My ST had created alternate character generation rules based of the ones for Heroic Mortals, only with the stats dimished. As we age, we'll hit certain age categories and receive more of the baseline stats. Combat in that is even more frightening than this. Luckily, my character has already exalted as a Zenith - our group barely made it out of a combat with the Wyld Hunt though, escaping due to some outside help (and an airship :P ).

I
Cyl, your Comment is part of the sense I wanted to instill in you guys, at least until you Exalt, which is what this story is all about...
Job well done man :)

Which is also part of the reason I had this concept for this character, he's going to really know what being a mortal truly means, and his exaltation will only make him more passionnate about changing things not to what they were before, but to what they should be.

Good, it's why I liked you character concept. Also it works well in my story, where the Bull of the North just froze, and there's a new empress for the Realm,a nd the realm is reaching outwards once more.

The time for change is now...

Speaking of the Bull.. The Icewalkers lack leadership - I'm thinking this is where Silver Tusks will eventually come in :P . At some point, I plan on having him approach the Mammoth Avatar (the goddess of all Mammoths, see The Roll of Glorious Divinity I - Gods and Elementals for more info) to ask for her blessing in attempting to reunite the tribes.

ooooooooooooh, that'll be sweet, especially seeing as the Realm has just sent some of it's legions to capture Whitewall, and will probably expand it's hold, sure you wanna call that kind of attention? I have no problem incorporating this to the story...

It won't happen just yet, so don't get too excited lol. But yeah, in the future, probably after he's picked up at least another 100-200 XP. By that time our Circle will be much stronger, and will have hopefully made some similarly strong allies :P .

not sure how much stronger your circle will be, but yeah, in another 100-200 xp you'll probably be a force to reckon with, but your enemies will have gained some power too, not as much as you guys, most likely, but some.

but first you need to defeat or make this DB flee before you, and find a way to smuggle them out of the city, so let's stick to that for now, shall we? :mrgreen:

Thereal, you can start posting on Act 1, as you get closer to the place you can easily see that the fighting takes plac at Daki's house, and you see the soldiers running out, if you do join the fray post your Join Battle roll, and I'll incorporate you.

I did some checking. You can do multiple clinches, but not in the same Action. It has a Rate of 1. It just means that maintaining a Clinch doesn't count towards that rate, so if you flurry, you can make a new Clinch while maintaining another Clinch. But unless you have something to expand the Rate, no multi-clinch in one Action.

Helpful tidbit for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back