• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Random Word Random Word ,it just occurred to me I forgot to factor in the -3 dice penalty for using a non-performance social ability to affect a group with social influence. Since I can't change how many dice I rolled at this point, would you like me to just subtract 3 from the total number of successes, dropping it from 9 to 6?

Yours is much harder to write 😆. You went on an adventure to a whole different realm of existence, with a different culture and politics, so I'm going to need more than a short break to draft up something good.

So like I've totally got the ideas down, but the trick is finding any time to write them out. The ghost festival is a 'running of the bulls' style party where the newly dead run through the streets of the city-ship that is the underworld mirror of Ombrelune, evading the press gangs of the Timeless Order, the headless reavers, the riddle-traps of the scholars, and trying not to fall into the depths to become grist for the mill of the ever-hungry machinery of the vessel itself. Those who are wealthy or have pious families enter with generous allotments of grave goods and servitors to help see them through to a safe haven where they take up their new role in society. This is one such (mostly) safe haven, a banquet in a great hall near the prow of the ship, with the bow spray periodically crashing against the windows. The Timeless Order overseer of the festivities will immediately mistake Droplets for yet another emissary from the First and Forsaken Lion and want nothing to do with her, but her entrance will make quite an impression, striding confidently in from a massive window looking out onto the dark sea of the Underworld, and many will be curious to learn more about her (if sometimes only in a misguided attempt to win favour with a powerful agent of the Lion).

Soon-ish (TM)

Didn't realize it was such a massive setting. You're really making this coming to life, and I applaud your ability to keep it all organized. If I had known it would be such a burden, I would have had Droplets just go somewhere in the Underworld to rest, and that's it.

Droplet's right hand is gently caressing her cheek "No, I am not from the Lion. and it's good that you don't like him, so we can better work together. As for your records, I doubt they would list my name, as I took my Second Breath just this day, so unless one of the Saints has deemed it worthy enough to inform you, there's no reason why you would."
And she smiles at him, not as a demure woman, or as a superior, but as an equal.
"You see, I do think you're pulling weight for the city, just not ALL the weight you can. And I think we should remedy that. You see, a prosperous Omberlune, means more wealth to give to the ancestors as grave goods, and more wealth flowing back to this place. Plus, if we work together, we can find a way to stop the Lion from sending his uncivilized deathknights again, and so it will be good for all of us."
Did you want to make this a persuade or an instill?

Sorry about that, usually I'm better about listing social stat blocks. Appearance 1 Resolve 4.

You'll need to leverage an intimacy for your persuade, the strength of which will determine how much he's willing to pitch in.
Am leveraging his hatred of the Lion to convince him to work with me, and to help the city, which will in turn help him.

The Solar rose to his feet and offered a bow to the young woman, then greeted her in Seatongue "I am glad to make your acquaintance, Lady Akechi Sayuri."
Don't forget to give Equusheart a description of the sensory impression your character makes, since you're meeting for the first time. It helps when they're deciding how their character reacts to you!

Don't forget to give Equusheart a description of the sensory impression your character makes, since you're meeting for the first time. It helps when they're deciding how their character reacts to you!
Sorry, this might sound stupid, but I'm not sure what you mean by giving a sensory impression. Can you explain/provide an example, and I'll be happy to revise my post to include that!

Nothing to apologize for! I wasn't being clear. In my head I was trying to avoid saying, "Tell them what you look like!" because another part of me was like, "Multisensory descriptions are more evocative, don't bias towards vision only," but then I was like, "Yeah, but what other sensory description can he use? Smell? I mean he did just run through a jungle all night, but that's maybe not the fun kind of evocative detail 😂" and then I just left it vague. So basically just tell her what your character looks like at this moment, unless the sound of your voice makes a particularly interesting detail.

Are you still obviously of noble bearing despite the ragged state of your travelling clothes? Are you wounded? As a Solar you've probably fully healed. Do you have a foreign accent? Do you sound like someone who's had an expensive education, or a common sailor? That sort of thing.

That's the idea! It always helps me when people describe the impression their character makes when my character first encounters them. First impressions can lead to all sorts of hilarious misunderstandings and getting off on a strange foot can add a lot of colour to how a relationship develops. Or maybe you are exactly what you appear - we still want to know how other characters feel about that.

Conrad is a prince from a far away land, but travelling incognito. You've never met him or his family, but you actually probably have heard of his land in myths and stories. It's called the Caul. It's a famous place of pilgrimage for Dragonblooded. Legends say that any Dragonblood who can complete a sacred journey around the shrines of the Caul is guaranteed to have their next child Exalt as a Dragonblood. It's been a while since anyone has put that to the test because the Lunars and Dragonblooded have been at war for control of the island for centuries, if not millenia, and the enemy don't take kindly to Dragonblooded pilgrims.

Unless Conrad mentions the Caul, I doubt you'd have any particular reason to suspect he was from that land, but you could always try to stunt how you figure it out with a very difficult Investigation or Lore roll.

Ah, pardon. Sayuri has met him, many times, but not in this game. He's one of your family's loyal clients (in that your family is his patron, not that he buys your products). A minor noble who owns a moderate sized plantation not too far from the capital city and a few other small holds with tenant farmers.

However, she held her tongue when she noticed the cat leap into the lap of the stranger with... was that a grin?

Sayuri waved the guard off, allowing her temper to cool as she turned to the stranger as he rose. She returned his bow politely, though her eyes were almost accusing.

"Indeed," she replied. "I assume the beast..." Sayuri gestured to the cat. "...belongs to you? It has caused quite the stir in my household this morning."
Oh no! Definitely not the foot I expected our meeting to start off on, haha I was laughing pretty good reading this part! I pictured Conrad kind of smooth talking his way in, but by showing connection to Sabah he has unknowingly tied himself to her morning shenanigans! 😆 Not exactly endearing himself to Sayuri, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back