• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
In Exalted you add the relevant Attribute to the appropriate Ability, so Dex + Athletics here for sprinting (Stamina + Athletics for long distance running, etc). You add in any stunt bonus you want to award yourself (+2 dice for Minor. Higher levels add successes on top but that's separate from the pool). You add in any extra dice from charms. If you want to make the case that you should receive a situational bonus I've missed (stealth in darkness, say), you can make it now or forever hold your peace. Once you've added all that up, that's your dice pool. Subtract any penalties and roll your dice. Count successes.
What do I put if my Athletics is 0?

Absolutely! Being a dutiful member of the bureau of destiny, you doubtless read up on the files on anyone interesting known to be operating in the area. Let's say difficulty 4? This is pretty obviously a persona, so you'll be looking to figure out if it's been used before, or has any calling cards. Let's say difficulty 8 for deep insight.
7 successes!

It's been tricky to find time to update recently! I will get Nott his dossier, remark on Sayuri's foray into the exciting world of competitive sailboat racing with an unconventional but remarkably effective entry on foot, and Garret's attempt to instill the intimacy "Don't hit girls" into a giant turtle, possibly all tomorrow. I still have to finish my character for the other game.

No worries! We can’t expect everything from you all at once, and you have Real Life to contend with. We can wait.

Random Word Random Word Is there any way around this turtle to be able to fire off my spell at the ship? I swear, I am going to cast this damn spell eventually!

Looking at my schedule, I think I'll have to
Random Word Random Word Is there any way around this turtle to be able to fire off my spell at the ship? I swear, I am going to cast this damn spell eventually!

You can attempt to bypass the turtle with your own athletics, have a friendly elephant man wrestle the turtle while you dash around, have a friendly elephant man throw you over the turtle, fly, water walk around the turtle, ask mom to kill the turtle, cast your spell in the turtle's face, the options are endless 😆

What difficulty level would I be looking at for a Dex + Athletics roll?

It will be an opposed roll. If you use Charms so will he. His base dice pool is 10 from being in a Strength 7 form, but that does mean 2 of those dice are Charm dice.

Looks like we're stuck! Shall I declare Garret lobs Sjet (who is still in terrible pain with serious bruising, so that's going to be agony) over the turtle, and she runs down the pier to unleash her spell (which she technically can't hold - I think you have to cast it when you finish gathering enough motes, but she could always cast it again) on the ship, severing the rigging and the line harnessing the turtle to the ship? Sayuri could stand there with her bow drawn looking menacing. Then we could move on to another scene to keep things from dragging? Possibly a group hug at Sjet's manse.

Just ropes! If you want to try to sever the ropes with a well placed arrow, I'd say you have line of sight to do it, and you can shoot an arrow to Long Range.

Random Word Random Word A question for you. If a Solar has Occult as their Supernal Ability, can they learn Celestial Circle and Solar Circle Sorcery starting out, or does that Essence requirement still apply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back