• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Okay, I finally uploaded my first post of the game! Also decided to throw in a little social influence roll for fun, haha, just couldn't help myself. ;)

Good poke! Not sure why I didn't get notified. If Sayuri isn't Counted herself, she could probably get permission to speak by sending a messenger to one of the members of your family who is to request it on your behalf.
So, she can't openly speak in this moment to support Droplets?

Culturally it would be inappropriate to speak without being called upon, but you can just stunt you sending the runner and your family member calling upon you into your speech.
How would that work in the moment? Sorry, just trying to fully understand lol.

In my games I give you full license to stunt the plausible actions of NPCs in furtherance of your actions. You don't have to wait on me to declare, "You give the merchant coins and she gives you a basket of eggs", you can just say you buy them when you want to throw them at a passing dynast on parade. In the same vein, you can simply describe how you catch your cousin's attention in the gallery below and signal for them to ring their bell, stand, and call on you to address the chamber. Then you give your speech.

Okay, I think I have an idea of what I'm going to do. How would be the proper term for Sayuri address the Counted? My Lords? My Holinesses?

I can make something up, but you can, too! You're from this culture, so you can contribute to its cultural moores and traditions. 'Holinesses' doesn't seem quite right, since they aren't religious figures. That might apply to the Great Ancestors, like the Saints or the Choir. Some of the Counted are nobility, but not all of them. The Carthaginians used a word that roughly translates as 'Great Ones' as the form of address for their senators, which could be a good starting point. You could also follow the British tradition of all addresses to the chamber being addressed to the speaker (an attempt to improve civility), or go a step further and have all addresses be addressed to the Choir (the ghost-mirror) itself. Whatever sounds fun or interesting to you.

Random Word Random Word what does Sjet know of the status of the manse? Will it self repair, or does it need assistance to get working again? And finally, besides firing off beams of Essence to sink ships, what else if anything can it do?

Sjet knows precious little about the manse, but she can Declare Facts about it, or flashback to a brief attempt to investigate it, or a longer attempt to investigate pre-exaltation. She has no reason to believe it can repair itself, though the crabs may be able to perform some kinds of repairs. Without investigating the damage, it's hard to estimate what repairs will involve. Sjet basically connected to it and wished for it to destroy her enemies, and it did something in response. Legend says the fortress can command other great a terrible weapons, command a great sailing vessel of unmatched power, direct the wrath of the heavens, banish evil spirits, instill discipline in an army, and summon a powerful spirit to defend itself, but how much of that is true you don't know.

Ok. I’m at work right now, but it will give me time to contemplate my response.

Her gaze lingered on the boxes where the Counted were seated and she took a breath to suppress the chill up her spine and the rise of her nerves at the sight of them. This surely was an event of great importance in they had deemed it fit to attend.
Oops! Sorry, I need to write more clearly. Let me try to add proper definitions for my made up words:

Counted: The name for the mortal body of legislators who make laws for Ombrelune. There's about 100 of them. The seats are auctioned every 5 years, and the proceeds used to fund public works. Most important families have at least one member amongst the Counted.

The Great Ancestors/Saints: The six powerful ancestor ghosts who have worked to protect Ombrelune for at least a millenia. They're venerated by large cults, and when necessary they possess specially prepared mortal Vessels to walk during the day or participate in ceremonies. So far the Saints of Valour, Venture, and Lore have been declared, but there are three others.

The Choir: The ghosts within the great mirror in the Hall of the Counted. These ghosts are a rowdy collection of ancestors whose half-mad whispers are only interpreted by certain trained priests of a special ancestor cult. They are said to have prophetic powers and great wisdom, and are consulted on important matters.

The four powerful ghosts in attendance (the ones I think you thought were the Counted) don't have a collective name - they're just powers in the Underworld of Ombrelune. They usually send representatives to watch the proceedings of the Counted, but tonight they've all come in person, which is a big deal.

Does that make sense?

She sat in silence, her hands clasped in her lap as she listened to the others speak. She frowned in concern as the Speaker was interrupted by the Saint of Lore, who seemed not to pleased with Droplets' presence in the Hall. Within the next moment the room was in an uproar and Sayuri found herself reaching forward for her own bell, it's silvery tone echoing into the chamber as her eyes turned urgently onto the Speaker.
At the moment the Speaker is calling on Sjet to report on the state of the fortress-manse, but we could retroactively insert your address before he called on Sjet?

Oops! Sorry, I need to write more clearly. Let me try to add proper definitions for my made up words:

Counted: The name for the mortal body of legislators who make laws for Ombrelune. There's about 100 of them. The seats are auctioned every 5 years, and the proceeds used to fund public works. Most important families have at least one member amongst the Counted.

The Great Ancestors/Saints: The six powerful ancestor ghosts who have worked to protect Ombrelune for at least a millenia. They're venerated by large cults, and when necessary they possess specially prepared mortal Vessels to walk during the day or participate in ceremonies. So far the Saints of Valour, Venture, and Lore have been declared, but there are three others.

The Choir: The ghosts within the great mirror in the Hall of the Counted. These ghosts are a rowdy collection of ancestors whose half-mad whispers are only interpreted by certain trained priests of a special ancestor cult. They are said to have prophetic powers and great wisdom, and are consulted on important matters.

The four powerful ghosts in attendance (the ones I think you thought were the Counted) don't have a collective name - they're just powers in the Underworld of Ombrelune. They usually send representatives to watch the proceedings of the Counted, but tonight they've all come in person, which is a big deal.

Does that make sense?
I think so

Oh, I didn't see you had posted. Sure if that makes sense.
Then go ahead and consider Sayuri acknowledged, perhaps called upon by one of her allies amongst the Counted, and edit that into your post. I can add any retroactive reactions if necessary.

Moving this week, just arrived in beautiful new apartment, regularly scheduled posts will resume when computer is not in a box under a bunch of other boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back