[OOC Thread] The Whispering Meadow [The Lawgivers]

Just FYI, I am still in school until December when I graduate. As such updates will be a 3-5 turn around sometimes... going to do a large post later today of you guys going to the cousin's house and discussing with her...

TherealBrickwall said:
Exalted: where you can determine the magic in one's soul by the architecture of their house. :P
No offense, but every time I see you have posted in OOC, i cringe thinking you are going to brow beat me with Exalted lore.. lol!!

Ok, yeah I guess its not safe to say she is DB, consider it that Tepo SAID she was DB? Fair? :(

That works. Giving her any sort of artifact (especially jade) would also probably be a good way of hinting that sort of thing.

I suppose I COULD post a treatise of Exalted architecture and geomancy, but it really wouldn't serve much of a purpose, now would it?

TherealBrickwall said:
That works. Giving her any sort of artifact (especially jade) would also probably be a good way of hinting that sort of thing.
I suppose I COULD post a treatise of Exalted architecture and geomancy, but it really wouldn't serve much of a purpose, now would it?
Why wouldn't it? Go ahead and throw it up...

Again I am no expert on Exalted.

EDIT: The purpose it will serve is I will less likely next time get it wrong. :)

If I have time to actually write up a treatise on fictional architecture, then I should probably be doing something else with it.

Still, for what it's worth, barring actual manses (which most uneducated people will have difficulty telling from any other rich establishment), Dragon-Blooded live in the same kind of residences as other people. They don't even put a mezuzah on their doorpost or anything. You kind of have to guess based on your knowledge of the area, of the family that owns the residence, and other similar extra info.

That or you can just knock and see if they have blue skin. DBs of decent breeding and/or power tend to be rather distinct unless they're trying to cover it up.

TherealBrickwall said:
If I have time to actually write up a treatise on fictional architecture, then I should probably be doing something else with it.
Still, for what it's worth, barring actual manses (which most uneducated people will have difficulty telling from any other rich establishment), Dragon-Blooded live in the same kind of residences as other people. They don't even put a mezuzah on their doorpost or anything. You kind of have to guess based on your knowledge of the area, of the family that owns the residence, and other similar extra info.

That or you can just knock and see if they have blue skin. DBs of decent breeding and/or power tend to be rather distinct unless they're trying to cover it up.
Oh I didn't mean writing up an entire thing. I thought your were going to copy and paste an excerpt from one of the books. In that case don't worry about it.

Well, if you like, there actually are some sidebars on architecture in Wonders of the Lost Age, near the beginning. Mostly stuff about the First Age, obviously, but there it is. It's split up into two sidebars.

Other than that, stuff about architecture is both scattered and unreliable. What little I could tell you about the finer details is not even that important to setting consistency, nor do I have any real memory of it.

Though I still imagine that there aren't any mezuzahs.

TherealBrickwall said:
Well, if you like, there actually are some sidebars on architecture in Wonders of the Lost Age, near the beginning. Mostly stuff about the First Age, obviously, but there it is. It's split up into two sidebars.
Other than that, stuff about architecture is both scattered and unreliable. What little I could tell you about the finer details is not even that important to setting consistency, nor do I have any real memory of it.

Though I still imagine that there aren't any mezuzahs.
Ah, good to know.

What's this? DB are Jews?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezuzah

Sadly I did have to look up what a Mezuzah is, and your logic is undeniable when it comes to door decor.

I'm not surprised that you had to look it up. Pretty much nobody who's non-Jewish knows what a mezuzah is, and I bet there's a lot of Jewish people who don't.

Right, someone whose character is social enough to actually talk in this situation, your post would be appreciated!

TherealBrickwall said:
I'm not surprised that you had to look it up. Pretty much nobody who's non-Jewish knows what a mezuzah is, and I bet there's a lot of Jewish people who don't.
Right, someone whose character is social enough to actually talk in this situation, your post would be appreciated!
I am going to give a larger update hopefully after tonight. I have a Network Security exam with a professor that thinks he is all that and a bag O' chips. One who gives essays instead of multiple choice.

Going to be great... Of course if no one posts to NOT enter the house I will assume you take Mani's hospitality. Also, this city is going to be the basis for a large story arc, going to be great.

TherealBrickwall said:
Bardlebee said:
Also, this city is going to be the basis for a large story arc, going to be great.
Now that you've said that, let's see how many threads it takes for us to blow it up. :P
That is the one unfortunate thing I don't like about PbP....

Combat takes for freaking ever. In fact, I would totally be up for a Play by IRC or possibly an online RPG program that allows us to move pieces in real time.

Any programs out there like that? I think they have one for D&D...

Somewhat easy to use is Maptools. I don't remember the website off hand but that program allows the tactical things of combat that I think you are looking for. Sadly this also means everyone will have to decide on a time to do them. Oo

Sorry for the absense people. Things were a bit full in RL as of lately and had to take care of certain obligations, as well as catching up with friends after an almost two month period of continuous study and thesis-writing for my post-graduate degree. I'll try to post soon. :)

Sorry for the absense people. Things were a bit full in RL as of lately and had to take care of certain obligations' date=' as well as catching up with friends after an almost two month period of continuous study and thesis-writing for my post-graduate degree. I'll try to post soon. :) [/quote']
Take your time man, I JUST got done of three presentations and two tests this week.. my god.

I am graduating too this December, which means I won't be going to school for at least another six months. And when I do I will be taking like one class, so it won't even be an issue.

I've got one more CLEP test to do in order to graduate, my god, the weeks feel like they have been merging together. CLOSING IN! :P

Anyway, sorry for the late post.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Midterms are over tomorrow, and then I can get back to writing! Yay!

Mahir will probably look to Tepo or Takeno to do the talking, since this is a Dragon-Blooded house and all, but if they don't look inclined to do so he will do his best.

@Myllinia: Well, you could always pose Amaterasu doing something, her body language and facial expression. Like where is she sitting, how comfortable does she look, is she giving Tepo or Takeno a "say something, one of you!" look or keeping her eyes on the hostess, is she covertly looking for possible exits in case everything goes pear-shaped, doing some kind of nervous activity like biting her nails, etc. etc.

Yeah, I am kinda waiting on you guys to respond. Truth be told though I have a graduation-tipping exam next week so I am kinda pre-occupied as well....

Whenever someone posts SOMETHING ill respond lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back