[OOC Thread] The Whispering Meadow [The Lawgivers]

If I haven't given you guys experience this WHOLE TIME. Then A) Shoot me and B) Giver yourselves 12 extra experience, making it 18 total.

But, lets wait when I have the time to check back... I am also at work right now so checking makes me look lazy to my co-workers.

I'm reposting it since it's easier to see it as a new post.

From my quick check we had already received 6 xp previously, upon completing the first story arch. (quoting you from the in-game thread. "4 Exp to all for showin' up :D . 1 Exp for all for roleplaying like champs. and 1 Exp for all for battle descriptions being top notch. Seriously an awesome group".)

I'll check again in case i missed any.

I'm reposting it since it's easier to see it as a new post.
From my quick check we had already received 6 xp previously, upon completing the first story arch. (quoting you from the in-game thread. "4 Exp to all for showin' up :D . 1 Exp for all for roleplaying like champs. and 1 Exp for all for battle descriptions being top notch. Seriously an awesome group".)

I'll check again in case i missed any.
Ok, so lets throw 6 exp on top of all that. PbP games go slow and no need to restrict progression to much.

18 total experience for everyone currently. Of course, until we are done with the Paragon you ain't gettin' no mo'!

Yay! More xp :D

Let's see what can we get to improve our newly exalted characters (<--goes searching rulebook for new shiny additions to abilities, charms etc, with the look of a child during Christmas in a toy-store, on his face).

I think i'll go for the Essence increase. I have the exact number of xp needed (16) for it, so it must be an auspicious purchase :D

Of course, and I haven't been doing it, but I am going to be keeping track of the date. I realize that it may come into affect and it helps with immersion.

Unfortunately for those in the south, it is 14th Ascending Wood, hope you brought sun screen.

EDIT: Ebon, though I am not really going to be horribly strict for increase in skill and the time spent to train. I believe I will be picky about essence increase. You can increase it now as you like, no problem. But after this exaltation you will need to expend the time to train.

For things such as skills and charms... what do you guys think? Should we spend the time to train or is a PbP to slow for that? Or perhaps we can make a different time system, such as only needing to train for 3+ dots in a skill/charm/essence?

EDIT EDIT: We should totally have an IRC game. Totally.

I'm fine with training time for essence increase. I just picked the increase to 3 (since i had the xp for it) so that i can unlock all charms that require it and also because it had a training time of "immediate" in the relevant xp cost table in the rulebook (pg. 274). Any subsequent increase of course requires more time, namely whole months of training, and when i feel i'm ready for that i'll take care to present it appropriately in roleplaying terms as well (spending long hours of meditation, on the principles of Creation, praying to the Sun, studying relevant material, conducting other exercises for that purpose etc).

I'm fine with training time for essence increase. I just picked the increase to 3 (since i had the xp for it) so that i can unlock all charms that require it and also because it had a training time of "immediate" in the relevant xp cost table in the rulebook (pg. 274). Any subsequent increase of course requires more time' date=' namely whole months of training, and when i feel i'm ready for that i'll take care to present it appropriately in roleplaying terms as well (spending long hours of meditation, on the principles of Creation, praying to the Sun, studying relevant material, conducting other exercises for that purpose etc).[/quote']
Immediate eh? Didn't know that. Cool. Not sure if I answered your earlier question, but yes you can use errata for anything. As long as its official and you can link it.

About the training times, I guess that it should be more or less a rp thing.

We can all teach other stuff, through charms or actual training, so it won't matter as much as the xp cost.

My work is very boring.

If we hear nothing by tonight I will continue the conversation between Zaria, Mani, and Takeno. I'm also going to put a picture of both those characters, because I do not believe I have yet.

Just hold on to see if he's truly irredeemable (tip: take the advantage of "aim" action if you like, till i'm done talking to him, so that you have increased chances to get him if it doesn't work out well :wink: )

I was going to go for the hand holding the blade in an attempt to disarm him actually so that's not a bad idea at all :mrgreen:

Indeed. A non-lethal attack, merely to demonstrate our superiority and also that we are truly serious about this issue could perhaps knock some sense into his head.

Indeed. A non-lethal attack' date=' merely to demonstrate our superiority and also that we are truly serious about this issue could perhaps knock some sense into his head.[/quote']
What if Zaria is working for someone else? Surely the story cannot be that linear! If you kill him, you will never find out who is truly chasing you. As they usually bring 5+ dragon-blooded on an official Wyld Hunt. Zaria is also very young and probably doesn't have the pull to lead the large retinue you saw in Makerson.

What if Zaria is working for someone else? Surely the story cannot be that linear! If you kill him, you will never find out who is truly chasing you. As they usually bring 5+ dragon-blooded on an official Wyld Hunt. Zaria is also very young and probably doesn't have the pull to lead the large retinue you saw in Makerson.
Man, this is what happens when you live on the West Coast and log on late...

Yes! I was going to have Mahir put some Presence mojo on Zaria to find out how he knew they would Exalt! After all, Zaria told us why he was massacring Makerson.

EDIT: About the "2 dots in Abilities and Backgrounds" thing in the book... how do you choose Backgrounds when we've already got Backgrounds?

Bardlebee said:
And that's part of why i don't want him killed. That and also the reasons i mention in my IC post. But it's usually better to interrogate someone and retrieve additional details, rather than kill him outright when in a situation like the one we are in. Besides, having exalted all of us in the same moment, Zaria hunting us all together specifically, something might be happening that we have yet to understand.

Tourmaline said:
Man, this is what happens when you live on the West Coast and log on late...

Yes! I was going to have Mahir put some Presence mojo on Zaria to find out how he knew they would Exalt! After all, Zaria told us why he was massacring Makerson.

EDIT: About the "2 dots in Abilities and Backgrounds" thing in the book... how do you choose Backgrounds when we've already got Backgrounds?
Just choose them. It's like a background you didn't know about till now. For example, if you take two dots in Artifact, then you will recieve an Artifact in game at a later moment, obviously not right away. Same thing for a Manse and so on.

That is an excellent question. How did Zaria know you were going to exalt? Surely they can 'foresee' about exaltation, but there is no evidence that it works. It would have had to either be luck, or predicted.... further, how did you all exalt at the same time? Why are you a full circle? And for god sakes whats that smell?!

And not that you know of Lytek, but why did he not scrub a dub dub the visions away?

*sniff sniff* Does anyone else smell Sidereals in here, or is it just me?

Also, we have enough XP for Essence 3? :D I'll take some of that action!

Yeah those are questions !

But we'd better seek answers after we resolved the hostage situation IMHO.

A person who showed kindness to us is in danger, and we need to save her.

That's what Blossom thinks at the moment regardless of the maelstrom of questions that's flying around her mind.

Goes well with the Heart of Flint flaw.

Although my previous comment mislead you, she never intended to kill Zaria right away, although she exalted, she doesn't feel she's able to pull this off... yet :twisted:

Aside from this I... have a question... now that we have interactions between charms and abilities... logically it would mean the same with combos right ?

Let's say I want to build a technique using an Archery excellency and One Weapon Two Blows (one attack, but double damage), it should possible for me to link the two in a combo, right ?

cyl said:
Yeah those are questions !
But we'd better seek answers after we resolved the hostage situation IMHO.

A person who showed kindness to us is in danger, and we need to save her.

That's what Blossom thinks at the moment regardless of the maelstrom of questions that's flying around her mind.

Goes well with the Heart of Flint flaw.

Although my previous comment mislead you, she never intended to kill Zaria right away, although she exalted, she doesn't feel she's able to pull this off... yet :twisted:

Aside from this I... have a question... now that we have interactions between charms and abilities... logically it would mean the same with combos right ?

Let's say I want to build a technique using an Archery excellency and One Weapon Two Blows (one attack, but double damage), it should possible for me to link the two in a combo, right ?
Exactly, but it will cost you experience points to do so. The cost of a charm I believe, or you can use the extra BP you get, or give up a charm that you would have gotten to make a combo.

Hey, for some reason I am sending messages to Myllinia and they just appear in my outbox, is that right? it's been like a day. And I haven't heard from Brickwall, I hope he has not left us. Though I would not blame him.

I am just waiting on all five of your guys reactions to exaltation here before I throw another wall of text up..

If there are messages in your outbox it simply means they haven't reached Mylli yet.

Brickwall is still active in one of my games, so I'm sure he'll stop by and say hello next week if not sooner.

About the essence 3, guys, you might need the ability dots and the extra charm more than the motes for the moment... and since it seems we're walking / riding / sailing away, we will have some time to raise essence later on methinks.

cyl said:
About the essence 3, guys, you might need the ability dots and the extra charm more than the motes for the moment... and since it seems we're walking / riding / sailing away, we will have some time to raise essence later on methinks.
Oh yeah, travel time...

Argh. This is the hardest part of any RPG for me, deciding what to spend XP on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back