[OOC Thread] The Whispering Meadow [The Lawgivers]

Been reading about the Bishop Deathlord. Guy sounds like a Buddhist.

Stuff like only the Void can bring liberation from suffering. :)

Note: I've taken the charm that allows us on foot to travel up to 20 and minimum 10 miles per day, so... it should be safe to travel by land.

Spend your xp on two things: stuff to ensure your survival, stuff that ensures that you're a useful and productive member of the circle :mrgreen:

Stuff like only the Void can bring liberation from suffering. :)
Well if you look at it, technically he's right. Humans are screwed from the day they draw their first breath, and ghosts even more so !

It is my hope that one day you guys will destroy Deathlords.

But by God, that will take a lot. I mean, just figuring out their weakness (if they exist) will be an episode by itself.

Well, we don't need to destroy a deathlord (it's a real plus, but not an absolute necessity in itself)... we simply need to kick his ass real hard and destroy his army (which is not easy btw, but certainly easier than destroying him).

A defeated Deathlord would be called back to the Labyrinth by its masters to be punished for a long period (and most likely suffer a fate worst than the Falafel), and in the meantime we'd have time to wash away any trace of his influence over the shadowland.

Eventually he would come back, but at that time, we would have grown more powerful than when we kicked his ass, and he would have les ressources than he had when we kicked his ass... so he'd loose again. :twisted:

All in all, you really need a big ass army with tons of heroes and the least possible number of mortal extras... because he will kill them all and rise them as undead nightmares and screw any plans you'd have made.

By the way people, you can check my updated character sheet and make any suggestions/recommendations/observations on charm selection, to ensure that i've covered my areas of expertise and that my character's current charms contribute and complement the rest of the circle properly.

cyl said:
Well, we don't need to destroy a deathlord (it's a real plus, but not an absolute necessity in itself)... we simply need to kick his ass real hard and destroy his army (which is not easy btw, but certainly easier than destroying him).
A defeated Deathlord would be called back to the Labyrinth by its masters to be punished for a long period (and most likely suffer a fate worst than the Falafel), and in the meantime we'd have time to wash away any trace of his influence over the shadowland.

Eventually he would come back, but at that time, we would have grown more powerful than when we kicked his ass, and he would have les ressources than he had when we kicked his ass... so he'd loose again. :twisted:

All in all, you really need a big ass army with tons of heroes and the least possible number of mortal extras... because he will kill them all and rise them as undead nightmares and screw any plans you'd have made.
As a spoiler, in my game, in my Creation. There is a way to get rid of a Deathlord for good, and even to convert him back to the Unconquered Sun. Because I am a chump for things like that. Though don't think that something like this will be easy, it would definitly be a many episode game for sure.

It will be much easier if you can convince all of the Lunar's to side with you once more and perhaps even the Realm. But THAT would be even more of a game.... hope you guys have the spirit to stick around that long. Some of you just joined this forum (myself included) and others have been around for awhile. I intend to stay and obviously warn you if I have another hiatus. Of course, understand this is unlikely considering my school literally had me come home at 10 PM every day. Oh god, oh god. Why!

*war flash backs*

EA. I think you're ok.

Same goes for me if you have a better option for Blossom, throw it in... I'm actually a bit tempted to throw away the dodge charms to take some survival or war but as the main fighter of the group, I dunno if it's such a good idea... although I think I could raise Melee instead to try and get more defense charms... because with melee I can protect at least one of you (with the guard other action) while with dodge, I can only protect myself.

I think with the xp it'd be better to go after Fivefold Bulwark Stance (which allows me to make a flurry of two actions with a DV penalty of 1).

What do you think ?

St, Question: if I stunt this, can I use a bow as a stick to deviate the incoming blows (it is after all a bent wooden stick with a cord) ?

That or I use the famous Ashitaka technique (holding a short blade by the metal ring with my little finger while shooting, making me able to shoot a bow and parry blows... see Mononoke Hime !).

To be fair to me, Minecraft disastrously distorts one's perception of time, what with it's 20-minute solar cycle.

But I'm still here. I don't want to lose my purple-haired nerd! One of my more favored character creations.

Okay, would someone look at Mahir's sheet for me? I keep flip-flopping between a third dot in Strength and Spirit-Cutting Attack. On the one hand, more Strength is always good. On the other hand, it doesn't do that much good to be able to see and speak with spirits if you can't effectively threaten the hostile ones, and Mahir's background is all about interacting with spirits.

Keep Spirit Cutting Attack and as soon as you can go for the Spirit Repelling Diagram !

Charms are always more useful than attributes dots... mainly because they have an actual effect.

Plus Blossom will be going after the training charms so you'll have time to train your strength without worrying about time.

TherealBrickwall said:
To be fair to me, Minecraft disastrously distorts one's perception of time, what with it's 20-minute solar cycle.
But I'm still here. I don't want to lose my purple-haired nerd! One of my more favored character creations.
Holy crap. I played Minecraft. First time I played I was like "So whats the big deal here?" Then I just started stacking... and stacking.... it was mezmorizing.

cyl said:
Plus Blossom will be going after the training charms so you'll have time to train your strength without worrying about time.
Sweet! :D Spirit-Repelling Diagram will have to get in line behind Instant Treatment Methodology, though. Aggravated damage? *bandaging kata* Go forth and fight once more, my comrade!

Okay, so here's how I do.

-Enough Melee to not die in combat (4 Charms)

-Essence 3 (all the XP)

-The pretty Craft Charms (4 Charms)

-A couple more Excellencies (2 Charms)

Now it's time for me to do my Sorcerous Initiation so that I can by Terrestrial Circle Sorcery immediately. And then I need stuff like Thaumaturgy and Craft (Magitech).

Also, I've noticed that other people seem to have a lot more Specialties than me without them accounted for in BP expenditure or XP expenditure. Did we get free Specialties, or did I just misread expenditures?

I distinctly remember buying Mahir's specialties. But hey, I've screwed up RPG math before. Last time was rather spectacular, in fact... I spent too much energy and ended up doing a faceplant in the middle of a fight. :P

What's Ammy's primary Virtue and Flaw, Brick? This isn't a "hey, you screwed up" question, it's an "inquiring minds want to know!" question. The Exalted wiki has some fun ones: Virtue Flaws

Not rushing yeah Brick, just let me know if you would like me to hold off on updating for your character to say something or perhaps do something.

Don't wanna railroad ya :D

No, I'm all caught up now.

Of course, I have no idea what to do. You can't have five characters all interacting with one other character at once and have it make sense.

Granted, Amethyst will be collapsing into tears anyway, but I don't want to draw the camera away from the people actually doing stuff.

So here's my dilemma:

Food Gathering Exercise or Unshakable Bloodhound Technique ?

Up war and start the loooong chain of charms to get to the sweet and delicious Tiger Warrior Technique or get 2 melee charms ? (most likely Bulwark Stance and HGD or 5BS) ?

To answer the question about the specialties. All characters get 4 free specialties according to the new character generation rules, as per the dawn fix and the latest errata. They can also increase their starting intimacies to (Willpower+Compassion) without any additional costs.

Also, to clarify smth about War charms, Cyl, according to new errata, Tiger Warrior Training Technique has only one prerequisite, which is its previous charm, "Heroism Encouraging Presence". This one has had all of its prerequisites removed, so if you meet the ability and essence minimum requirements you can get. And not only that, but H.E.P has been improved even more in case you're essence 3+.

To answer the question about the specialties. All characters get 4 free specialties according to the new character generation rules' date=' as per the dawn fix and the latest errata. They can also increase their starting intimacies to (Willpower+Compassion) without any additional costs.[/quote']
No kidding! Wish I'd known that in chargen. Do you mean four free dots of specialties?

To answer the question about the specialties. All characters get 4 free specialties according to the new character generation rules, as per the dawn fix and the latest errata. They can also increase their starting intimacies to (Willpower+Compassion) without any additional costs.
Also, to clarify smth about War charms, Cyl, according to new errata, Tiger Warrior Training Technique has only one prerequisite, which is its previous charm, "Heroism Encouraging Presence". This one has had all of its prerequisites removed, so if you meet the ability and essence minimum requirements you can get. And not only that, but H.E.P has been improved even more in case you're essence 3+.
Well, we didn't have access to the new chargen rules when we started our pcs, so unless the ST shows us kindness, we're stuck with the core.

About TWTT, are you sure ? I've got the latest errata in front of me (the one with the dawn fixes from the IMs) but it doesn't say anything about this mod.

I mean that's a revision I also did a while back, but I don't remember the official sources changing this (or perhaps I do not have the latest version of the errata).

Just to keep this clear as I am literally oblivious to the errata... it is actual fixes for the game right? Like its used to make the game better and its written by the game creators themselves?

If this is the case. I have no problem with any of you adopting these things, adding specialties and doing charms in such a way, as long as you link your citation here so I can get some reading done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back