[OOC Thread] The Whispering Meadow [The Lawgivers]

By the way, Cyl, no offence meant with my last post. My character is merely expressing his inability to understand what on Creation he said that was wrong or opposite to the Circle's agreed plan.

I really like such interaction to be honest. I believe it is appropriate of Blossom to be more short-tempered and bold, fired up by her martial prowess and unwielding spirit, while having Takeno constantly trying to achieve the most with minimal problems, silver tongue techniques etc. I think we're doing good. :D

If Takeno needs, help, here's what people actually wanted to do:

Mahir: Bind the Perfect in an oath, then get the orb

Takeno: Same

Blossom: Destroy the orb, then leave

Amethyst: Go after the orb (and, though she's yet to say it, destroy it and then leave)

Thank you for summing it up for me, being sick doesn't do much to clear my head. :oops:

As i repeatedly said, i won't object to the Circle's decision, as long as one is finally taken. As for destroying the orb, it certainly isn't within my powers to do so, even though i admit that i wouldn't want another corrupted monarch possessing more power than he already has. Maybe Amethyst (your character) - who i think is much more adept in matters concerning craft, magical material objects etc can figure out what to do once we retrieve it.

So I think we're pretty much all okay on the "we will go to Dari of the Mists, but we will not necessarily bring you the Orb" position.

Maybe Amethyst (your character) - who i think is much more adept in matters concerning craft' date=' magical material objects etc can figure out what to do once we retrieve it.[/quote']
It's called Shattering Grasp, and if that doesn't work, I'll find something that does. :wink:

Ok guys, I sent a message to My, I hope she is ok....

I am going to be soldiering us on however, I will type out your conversation with the Perfect and move you along to the next event and going towards the Dari. If anyone would like to actually roleplay the Perfect event out let me know, otherwise I think its just going to go like this:

"We accept your offer."

Perfect "Cool, bro."

Because at the end of the day, it sounds like you guys aren't going to tell him your keeping it and he is just going to be tickled pink that he may retrieve the item he wants. Updating around noon.... or five PM.

Just cause those guys had Compassion three, doesn't mean you other guys can't punch this guys clock out. Or perhaps help him in beating up the poor defenseless civilian.

I dunno.

Of course we can, we're just not "compelled" to act.

I'm just going to wait for their reaction, because when it happened before Blossom wasn't an exalt... now she is, so her codes have actually changed overnight. :twisted:

I think we just had a perfect example of a nice circle dynamics between Zenith (taking initiative) / Dawn (locking and loading) / Eclipse (trying to salvage the situation) ! :mrgreen:

Indeed! I see Takeno ending up with multiple heart-attacks and excessive brain damage from consecutive strokes owing to high anxiety and blood pressure over trying to salvage such situations. :wink: Poor Eclipse :cry:

cyl said:
I think we just had a perfect example of a nice circle dynamics between Zenith (taking initiative) / Dawn (locking and loading) / Eclipse (trying to salvage the situation) ! :mrgreen:
Hahaha, so true!

Takeno, in summary: "I'm sure you're a great person. Please do as my companion says so this doesn't get messy. And hey, you'll get points with the servants for being merciful!"

Indeed! I see Takeno ending up with multiple heart-attacks and excessive brain damage from consecutive strokes owing to high anxiety and blood pressure over trying to salvage such situations. :wink: Poor Eclipse :cry:
Get used to it, it's your job to clean up our (zenith+dawn) mess :twisted:

However I thought Takeno had the right inner slapping reflex. We're exalts now, we live up to different standards... and so our messes shall be appropriately epic :wink:

Note: kicking the perfect's ass is always an open option, but we oughta think this through if you want to do this.

Do I have to pay to resist compulsion to act? Because at this stage, there is nothing that I need to do that hasn't already been done.

I happen to disapprove of "5 people talk to 1 person all at the same time", so I do my part to avoid it.

No, I don't think so. IIRC, you only feel the compulsion to act when you roll a Virtue and get successes greater than or equal to your dots in that Virtue. So since you only got one success, you should be good.

Tourmaline said:
No, I don't think so. IIRC, you only feel the compulsion to act when you roll a Virtue and get successes greater than or equal to your dots in that Virtue. So since you only got one success, you should be good.
Wrong. Check page 102 of core.

And that would be a pretty awful rule. Higher virtues would LESSEN chances of compulsion.

Brickwall's right, the downside of virtues is that when the situation meets the conditions for virtue compulsion, it's either 1wp or failure on a virtue roll that can set you free.

A single success means that you're overwhelmed by your ideals and must act upon it (or spend 1wp to keep your head cool).

TherealBrickwall said:
Tourmaline said:
Wrong. Check page 102 of core.

And that would be a pretty awful rule. Higher virtues would LESSEN chances of compulsion.
Wait, I just rolled your virtue straight up. Did I do it wrong?

EDIT: Going to push on through to the other side in a few hours here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back