[OOC Thread] The Whispering Meadow [The Lawgivers]

I'll make my new post a new episode, that way you can still talk in episode 1.... that means however I need pictures, I have been slacking on the immersion. Ugh

I leave my computer for 3 hours and you all post an entire page of material.

I now see my wisdom in making Amethyst an incredibly shy character.

TherealBrickwall said:
I leave my computer for 3 hours and you all post an entire page of material.
I now see my wisdom in making Amethyst an incredibly shy character.
Haha, in reality work has been slow as dirt and I really shouldn't be spending this much time on a forum.

School doesn't start for me until next week. ^_^ Once biostatistics starts in on me, my posting will probably slow down.

Or not... what better way to escape the horror of mathematics than by pretending to be a demigod?

Hey my homeboy Machu Picchu ! :mrgreen:

For those who don't know / care / have forgotten, although I have a master in public law, I'm currently working as a travel agent in Peru (helping my gal and her mother raising the family company).

While it would be cool to have illustrations of our circle's more epic scenes, I don't want to spend that much money for them. If you're talking about splitting the cost between us though... I might be up for that. As long as Mahir doesn't get stuck in a bikini. :P

What are we going to do about Myllinia's character, Bardlebee? A Night Caste would be really handy while exploring ancient ruins. Are you going to NPC Amaterasu while Mylli is sick?

Bardlebee said:
So I decided I am going to have my brother do the character illustrations. But the full color scenes will be done by this dude.
http://markovah.deviantart.com/

What do you think of his work? Only 100 bucks. Damn good price for the talent.
Undoubtedly his work is fascinating, but i am not sure if i can currently afford the cost as well. If it's somehow split though, as Tourmaline suggested i might be up as well, provided that i know the exact price some days in advance as well as the payment methods available.

Oh you, who said anything about you guys paying. Though helping out would be appreciate, not entirely required.

Besides, it's not like I am going to full illustrate scenes once a week or anything. No thank, I like my money. Haha!

Since I have an intuos 4.0 graphic tablet and have sketching skills myself, I can maybe throw in a few stuff here too.

I created a deviant art profile too (http://canaffon.deviantart.com/), but, because of my work it's just impossible for me to practice since last month... so it's empty at the moment aside from my first unfinished attempt :mrgreen:

Hopefully this week end I'll start practicing a bit more. But maaan this layer thing is complicated :lol:

EA: dunno why I forgot to mention it, but there's also a nice aspect to being a lawyer : formation.

I'll send you a pm in the coming days about my former job and the company :wink:

Just because the thread has gone on without me is no reason not to post what Mahir was doing! ;)

I know that Red Blossom has the Survival charm that lets everyone, mounted or not, travel fast. Mahir loves his horsie though.

Bardlebee, will we get to use any XP we get from Episode 1 between 1 and 2?

Tourmaline said:
Just because the thread has gone on without me is no reason not to post what Mahir was doing! ;)
I know that Red Blossom has the Survival charm that lets everyone, mounted or not, travel fast. Mahir loves his horsie though.

Bardlebee, will we get to use any XP we get from Episode 1 between 1 and 2?
That reminds me.

Everyone gets 4 XP!!!!

Use it how you will...

Also... I know I have asked this before, but would you guys be up for a chat session based game? We would get a weeks worth of content out of the way in a few hours! Hah! We could make it a regular thing.

Also, I messaged Myll a few days ago, still nothing.

A chat session would be great! I would prefer a weekend or Friday, since I will be having classes Mon-Thurs. I'm on Pacific Standard Time (GMT - 8 ).

Well...

I already have a Friday game.

I already have a Saturday game.

I already have a Monday game.

I can't do anything Tuesday or Thursday evenings.

Beyond that, I suppose I'm free late evenings EST. But that doesn't leave much, eh?

I'll update in a little bit.

Well we can setup something for chat, I know we all have different schedules.

What should we do if Myll never comes back?

Well, we can always ask someone to play her character, or NPC her waiting for her to return, or letting another night in.

Up to you guys, it hasn't been that long and frankly we can string it out for a very long time, considering that you guys may want to visit your own individual tombs until she comes back.

Since this is a PbP game, we will cut through a lot of the 'in-between' events that may happen between towns. Sort of like when your watching a TV series and they have that lost town episode where the town is like "Hey, I know your headed to Chariouscuro, but we are being attacked by this God of Mountain Lions!"

I vote for NPCing her. Like Bardlebee said, it hasn't been that long, and if she is seriously ill, it's not her fault that she can't come out and play with the other kids.

If we don't hear from her in a month or two, then maybe we could get someone else to play the character. I'm getting a very strong sense of "Destiny has brought you five special people together!" from this campaign, so I think we should keep Amaterasu around even if Mylli never comes back.

About current events in the game: is the guard still within sight? Because Solars can be their own light sources. ;) Also, Mahir's horse is Familiar 4, so he is quite intelligent as well as well-trained.

Tourmaline said:
I vote for NPCing her. Like Bardlebee said, it hasn't been that long, and if she is seriously ill, it's not her fault that she can't come out and play with the other kids.
If we don't hear from her in a month or two, then maybe we could get someone else to play the character. I'm getting a very strong sense of "Destiny has brought you five special people together!" from this campaign, so I think we should keep Amaterasu around even if Mylli never comes back.

About current events in the game: is the guard still within sight? Because Solars can be their own light sources. ;) Also, Mahir's horse is Familiar 4, so he is quite intelligent as well as well-trained.
The guards are just outside the door. You cannot gauge the reaction of the guard. Remember, you Solars have been kicking around for only five years and most people have never even met an "anathema", let alone seen ones anima. It would be assumed that perhaps you could be something else, perhaps a god or spirit. Of course, those who have not met a dragon-blooded (unlikely) could mistaken your anima banner as a DB. But, that is still very unlikely.

Additionally, I doubt that they would question you. Regardless. I mean... I guess they could go "tell" on you, but you could just knock em out/talk to them.

EDIT: Besides, there is some sort of golden bar inlaid into the wall, its gotta be a light switch....right?....guys?

Bardlebee said:
EDIT: Besides, there is some sort of golden bar inlaid into the wall, its gotta be a light switch....right?....guys?
Maybe, but why test that hypothesis when there's no significant gain and quite a bit of risk? The intelligent Twilight sets aside her experiment until she has proper equipment for performing and recording. In this case, a Master's degree in Geomancy or the All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight Charm (I'm working on it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back