[OOC Thread] The Matrix [Anathema Ascendant]

I think Dispairing Secret Trinity Song was also going to be on the "good guys" team, and Arishat too. I think Flickering Claw was actually on Team Zombie.

Yeah, Flickering Claw was going for the "Let's redeem peeps" style.

Is it incredibly rude of me to point out that Despairing is spelt with an "e"? I was trying to keep my inner Grammar Immaculate Monk tied up, but it just bugs me a little.

Creation seems pretty doomed unless some of us switch sides...

But Morningstar may well switch sides, with the right incentive.

Izumi will gladly molest and shape the minds of any volunteers so that they are ready and willing to serve Creation!

And by that I mean Izumi.

<3

I'm kidding!

... maybe.

I don't rule out redemption or renegade(-dom? -ness? -ecy?) for my Aby, but at least at the beginning I want to play the worst that the Underworld can offer!

Mortal life in Creation screwed with the Necromancer enough that it would take one hell of a push to get him to overlook that and turn on the Underworld. Not impossible, but very difficult.

See, you're all making one big mistake.

You're thinking of this as 'convincing'. It isn't. It's brainwashing. What Izumi does is very much brainwashing.

The first time that happens, Morningstar is going to find a way to make Demonic Primacy of Essence apply to Raksha.

Okay, folks, we have bad news and we have good news.

Bad news: my home internet is down, and so I'll be slow. :x

Good news: I can still post from the school network, and I still plan on continuing the game and starting today.

Next round of PMs and a few other guidelines will be added momentarily.

Aye, that's pretty terrible, hopefully your internet will be back in order in no time. :)

Grey said:
The first time that happens, Morningstar is going to find a way to make Demonic Primacy of Essence apply to Raksha.
Can you do that?

danakir said:
Grey said:
Can you do that?
I will have him personally develop an expansion Charm to that end, if I have to.

And then things are going to become hilarious.

You do realise that, thematically, it makes absolutely no sense, right? The Yozi have no dominion over the Raksha who are their cousins. The Spirits however used to be their servants, which easily explains why the extension for them is available. :P

The Raksha do not obey the law of Cecelyne for the only law the Raksha accept is that of the Staff. ;3

Also, it would indeed be hilarious.

And messy.

Oh, it's not an extension to have that power over Spirits - it's a natural advancement as your Essence increases.

I reckon an actual Charm to do it would be possible.

Primal Chaos Transcendence or something like that.

It occurs to me that if the Infernals ever get a Charm tree for dealing with Raksha, it'll either belong to Oramus or Isidoros.

But that doesn't make sense thematically. The Raksha are the cousin of the Primordials, of the same stuff as they are, but having denied the abomination of permanent shape. Why would they be subject to the same law as those who are of the Yozi themselves, their slaves or their rebellious servants?

Whether it's a natural advancement or not is very much irrelevant to my point. :P

That's a bit as if there was a Raksha charm that allowed them to using shaping actions in Creation as they would in the Wyld with complete impunity. If you take the basis of their abilities in the fluff, it ought be impossible.

Just to be clear, when I say shaping actions I mean shaping attacks, creating fantasies and other such wondrous actions that can completely change the face of the world around them with but a whim.

Annnnnnd knightfall pretty much says it all. >_>

danakir said:
But that doesn't make sense thematically. The Raksha are the cousin of the Primordials, of the same stuff as they are, but having denied the abomination of permanent shape. Why would they be subject to the same law as those who are of the Yozi themselves, their slaves or their rebellious servants?
Whether it's a natural advancement or not is very much irrelevant to my point. :P

That's a bit as if there was a Raksha charm that allowed them to using shaping actions in Creation as they would in the Wyld with complete impunity. If you take the basis of their abilities in the fluff, it ought be impossible.

Just to be clear, when I say shaping actions I mean shaping attacks, creating fantasies and other such wondrous actions that can completely change the face of the world around them with but a whim.

Annnnnnd knightfall pretty much says it all. >_>
Agreed.

Though to Grey's point, I can see an Oramus charm or charm line that lets them fight as Raksha, stealing and using graces, and possibly gaining their own.

I don't think Isidoros would play by their rules so much as just sort of charge straight ahead, smashing raksha as he went.

I suppose you are right. I guess I let the way the world-building godmonsters constructed Creation out of the Wyld get to much into my head. ^_^

If Morningstar really ends up that worried about Fair Folk, I'll just branch him into some Pyrian Charms. It's just cherry-picking from multiple Yozi Charmsets can get problematic in the long run.

Though I may pick up some Sun-Heart Furnace somewhere down the line. FUCK YEAR COMPONENT SOULS!

"Who...who are you?"

"I'm your Third Circle Soul."

"....I'm going to blame this on the Malfean liquor and hope to Hell you're gone when I wake up."

Grey said:
I suppose you are right. I guess I let the way the world-building godmonsters constructed Creation out of the Wyld get to much into my head. ^_^
If Morningstar really ends up that worried about Fair Folk, I'll just branch him into some Pyrian Charms. It's just cherry-picking from multiple Yozi Charmsets can get problematic in the long run.

Though I may pick up some Sun-Heart Furnace somewhere down the line. FUCK YEAR COMPONENT SOULS!

"Who...who are you?"

"I'm your Third Circle Soul."

"....I'm going to blame this on the Malfean liquor and hope to Hell you're gone when I wake up."
The Raksha are terrifying, for they are of the same stuff as the Primordials themselves. Yet completely unbounded and with no proper definition they do can reach for perfection as their broken cousin have, in their own fashion.

Those who would ignore the horror of the Raksha, those who would think them impotent and meaningless, those who would enslave them and have them swear oaths of fealty would do well to remember...

Once upon a time, they too of the Yozi were of the Raksha. They too were Lords of Chaos.

In time, all will witness the glory of the Wyld.

For such is the will and prerogative of those who would learn at the feet of the Shinma and steal their greatest secrets.

Isn't that half the fun of playing a monstrous alien soul-eating vortice of sentient essence caught up in their own sweeping narrative to the extent that they have clad themselves in the raiment of lies and deceit so that they may falsify for themselves an approximation of human nature, however fragile, and walk Creation as impossibly perfect stereotypes in their own tales?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back