[OOC Thread] The Darkened Halls [Walking with the Darkness]

Arthur said:
Sorry, not much of a first action :oops:
Anyway, I'm supposing the artificer could be mistaken for some unpleasant priest of a particularly strange god? We are (going to be) in the City of Temples, after all.

Oh, I'm assuming the Head of Oblivion is pretty much a trapping of death by itself... correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes the head of Oblivion is a trapping itself, but your face is one too :lol:

Haku said:
*waits for the damnation that is to come*
Behold! The 1st circle demons known as oompa loompahs are now mentioned in Cyl's game...

EDIT - Why should we hide what we are?

Do we not serve the Walker? Is he not feared? Verily, use the fear.
I'll curse you for the oompa loompahs (did ya know the guy playing the OL earned a fucking million bucks for this part ? I learned that on TV yesterday).
And you should not hide what you are, of course, so there is no problem wearing trappings. My problem was with the discomfort rule, and the trappings themselves.

Addenda posted. We will keep the 1e rule, -2 penalty to all rolls seemed a bit harsh, considering they are a looooot of other penalties that can apply.

Though I will keep the -2 to all rolls while in a demesne-manse of Creation who is not death aspected.

*nodnods*

Fair enough... hmmm... is the essence for negating the discomfort committed or spent? 8)

Committed I guess, as you have to maintain the aura of necrotic energy.

But once you surround yourself with the trappings of the dead (sleeping in a coffin, or wearing skulls or symbols establishing a connection between you and death), you can release it and start to regen the essence (with your manse or drinking blood).

babies.png

I'm putting this in the "It's a Girl" card.

Hell. I'm turning 37 in a couple of months, and I still wonder what the hell I'm doing trying to raise a kid of my own when I still act so childish. :roll:

That depends. How scared are your friends at the thought of you reproducing?

I'm sorry, but babies are too needy for me. They smell, make messes out of both ends, and cost more than I'm willing to spend on anyone but myself. I don't mind them in small doses, as long as I can give them back when they get messy.

What? I never said I wasn't shallow or anything. I'm perfectly aware that I'd make a horrible father and any child I raised would be horribly scarred somehow.

My father once had a saying:

"I love kids. As long as they are over tables and with apples in their mouths".

I changed his mind, apparently.

Ugh, whenever I get down to typing here something happens or someone calls me and distracts me or I fall asleep. I'm calling it a day and I'll start over tomorrow fresh and refreshed.

I used to think that kids were a force of evil that had to be put down for the good of the world. Now, I can't imagine life without my daughter. Until she turns into the anti-christ (aka a teenager). Then, I'll brick her into her room until she's 25.

Yo sorry about the lack of posting this day, the whole frickin district went offline for 6hours this afternoon !

Keepin it alive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back