[OOC Thread] The Darkened Halls [Walking with the Darkness]

I added a more detailed description to go with Voice, and spent the 3 tasty BPs to raise my Whispers and Sail to 2.

Speaking of sail, the ship we are getting to romp about in, does it work in both Creation and the Underworld equally well? Does it have a crew? If not, I'll want to summon a few demons to act as crew and additional ship defenders.

Oh NPC thread updated if you hadn't noticed, I suggest you take a look at the Search Team (haven't found the time to give em arts... yet), because they will could be useful.

They are followers of the Constable however, and they have been ordered to answer to his command.

Yes the Scarlet Loss (that's the name of the ship) works in Creation and in the Underworld.

It doesn't come with a crew, and requests a 3/3 crew, but you have three days to summon whatever demonic servants you want.

The stats will be the same as the Excellent Air Boat (WotLA p.34), easy to maneuver and quick, luckily for you, you have sail 2, the minimum required ^^

Ok, do you want any die rolls to represent the summoning of a handfull of demon servants/guards, or just say that given this much time there is no prob to have them?

Considering you willpower, conviction and all, no need for rolls. But if you summon in game, then I'll ask some.

And I'll look menacing with a pointy weapon and giving significant look at the demon if it does resist. :lol:

I think just seeing the Voice and the Artificer will be quite enough... considering their faces.

Speaking of techniques for dealing with Creation... may I assume it's ok to just say that the Constable's uniform, though snappy, also happens to be the garb in which high-ranking mortal keepers of the peace were buried in in the first age? He is a Day, so he should know these things, and I want to keep him in his favoured fashions.

Well, it's still effective as far as being "trappings of death" goes, isn't it? It's just that most people in the Age of Sorrows won't be so likely to recognize it... >.>

I is dressed in dead noble woman funeral grab... aka looking good and noble. Also... I've got a lovely padded coffin to sleep in. :lol:

hmmm well, in this case, it won't count as a trapping.

Following the description of the trappings (by the dead gods, I was so sick reading this, it was so... GAY !), they have to remind mortals of death, graves, the Great Contagion, the Abyss, and other pleasant things...

I fail to see how characters carrying the mark of death, like Voice or Artificer, aren't automatically protected since their very faces are probably the best trappings ever.

I have to houserule this...

Else you have to start buying large spiders and snakes and play with them...

What clothings that are worn by the dead noble lady when you bury 'em don't count as trappings of the dead? :D

Actually, I'm reading ab 1 & 2...

And I have to say this:

We went to slight desorientation and weakness (-2 to all athletics rolls and -2 calculating feats of strength in ab1) to total sickness (- 2 to all actions in ab2).

I have to consider the question. I'll post a rule addenda soon.

Let's consider you had three days to decorate your accomodations in the ship... for now.

In my description I did post that while romping about in the underworld, I let my Skeletor face out and not care what other people think. In Creation, I wear a funerary mask that covers the bones but shows the dead status. Not to be confused with Death Mask, which is a fun spell to disguise myself as a humble ghost.

Sorry, not much of a first action :oops:

Anyway, I'm supposing the artificer could be mistaken for some unpleasant priest of a particularly strange god? We are (going to be) in the City of Temples, after all.

Oh, I'm assuming the Head of Oblivion is pretty much a trapping of death by itself... correct me if I'm wrong.

*waits for the damnation that is to come*

Behold! The 1st circle demons known as oompa loompahs are now mentioned in Cyl's game...

EDIT - Why should we hide what we are?

Do we not serve the Walker? Is he not feared? Verily, use the fear.

I don't think my little display would give any wrong impressions. They aren't in my head, for all they know I could be really mad at myself for leaving the iron on, or forgetting to feed my cat before I left. :lol:

Would you say my robes could be some kind of sijanese death monk/funerary garb for trappings purposes?

Now we can describe you as avuncular!

So, no-go on the suit eh? Black and red isn't enough, eh? Oh well. I can always add more skulls. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back