[OOC Thread] The Darkened Halls [Walking with the Darkness]

Not really actually. You are talking about a spell that is the antithesis of life. Why would one that was closer to death, fewer HL due to harm or ill-health, have so much conflict with extreme death energies? That is the point of the spell.

And if we are talking about soak, then I would think that soak from Stamina would be inapplicable due to the fact that it is based on how fit and hardy you are. I propose a soak based on Integrity + Essence. This being because it is from force of will and inner strength and power.

Just an idea.

I thought about that at first, but problem is, increasing the soak can render the spell totally useless.

Essence 3 integrity 5 character... 7HL... 14 dice - 8... 6dice to roll for 20 m 1w, that truly sucks !

cyl said:
I thought about that at first, but problem is, increasing the soak can render the spell totally useless.
Essence 3 integrity 5 character... 7HL... 14 dice - 8... 6dice to roll for 20 m 1w, that truly sucks !
It also puts a direct cap on the amount of soak you receive, one that is comparably much smaller to the maximum amount of damage. This is bad.

Wait, what? I don't understand what I'm supposed to post?

Raisa was waiting for the beast to run past her originally.

BTW, where is the carriage supposed to be going to?

Raisa was waiting for the beast to run past her originally.
The beast is searching the trail... I thought you would want to ambush her at that moment, my bad.

BTW, where is the carriage supposed to be going to?
Probably at Viper's, but Sage may have said different (he might not want to attract too much attention on the house...).

cyl said:
The beast is searching the trail... I thought you would want to ambush her at that moment, my bad.
Well, her original intent was to fight the thing on top of the speeding carriage with Sage ambushing it from the side with an attack spell, but because of the little situation Raisa decided to change her mind to teach Sage a lesson (one he undoubtedly wouldn't have learned :P ).

Probably at Viper's, but Sage may have said different (he might not want to attract too much attention on the house...).
Regardless, Raisa's hope would be that the beast will pick up the scent of the carriage and follow it, and she will trail it. If not, well, then I don't know. I'll figure something else out if that's the case.

ok if Jux's range is 50 yards for eye blasts or nasty aoe thingy... is there anyone in range? otherwise guarding and waiting for my nemisaries to do there work...

Well no one's in 1st Range, but I guess you can shoot the bolts with the range penalty (-1 up to 100 yards, -2 to 150), there is not a mention that 50 yards is the max range in the charm so...

The enforcers and captain are in 2nd range, but the archers are not reachable.

So I am opening to new players to keep the game breathing:

Coyote: if fhg hasn't posted in 2 days, we'll have beastie catching up on you.

the Wild Bunch: I think considering the current slow motion mode, we're going to skip things pretty quick so you can escape Great Forks with few casualties (Strike is likely to be captured now).

Ok, character is more or less done. he's got some fighting ability, but in social combat he can be nasty.

Cyl, if there's anything you find to be too much in this character let me know, and I'll change it.

One thing I'd like you to do is classify your charms by ability (if it's not already the case), helps me find them when STing ^^

But for now it seems good, I dunno about the 2 solars in Lookshy, they are merely tolerated there.

It would make more sense if when you kicked the solar from her Manse, you gained her ennemity along with the members of her circle don't you think ?

I was thinking more of leaving it as a plot hook for our illustious ST to decide why they were allowed in Lookshy like that, but if you think it best to change, I can change his background to refect it.

Also, i'll change his charms so they are listed by Ability.

Okay thanks (jeez you are fast !).

We are probably going to have a warlord, and a fallen dragon king :)

Sorry about my little disappearing act there. >_>

I'm still here, have Raisa join back in when it's good for you.

Well well, I have now 3 newcomers almost ready to pop up... what do you say we skip the battle (I mean now) and arrange a meeting with the others in a quick interlude and team everyone up in Nexus :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back