[OOC Thread] The Darkened Halls [Walking with the Darkness]

I was just wondering if I could Stunt her using a Shield in place of a weapon if she ever needed to Parry without her Daiklaive in the future, since she lacks Martial Arts dots.

Well I won't prevent you from using cover from you blade with a stunt.

I prefer to consider it a cover bonus, because depending on your stunt, position and use, the cover may change.

You could crouch behind it and it would bec a 90% cover, or hold it high and it could become a 25% cover.

Just to see if I'm allowed... can I activate Instinct-Driven Beast Movement right now, since no attacks/ticks have happened yet?

I'm assuming that my charms were activated at join battle or before...

Unseen Wisp Method : 171

- Unless they have some level of Whispers, they can NOT see me and thus have penalties to attacks and defense vs me

Corspe-Might Surge : 165 (core 225)

- Strength booster (maxed)

All with perpherial motes

And let's be nice to Gulup with Moon Phase, he needs it bad... ^_^

*cracks whip at Luna for appropiate moon phase*

Duely noted... I don't know if talismans would count as magic though for the purpose of determining if you are a valid target for ranged attacks (because if not... you're not).

Stiches' scene-longs, just to keep track:

-Corpse-Might Surge: +3 Strength, 9m.

-Dread Lord's Demeanor: Difficulty 2 Willpower or Difficulty 1 Valour roll to attack Stiches, 3wp to resist, 7m.

|-Heart-Stopping Mien: -2 Dice to all attacks against Stiches, 3L Unsoakable Damage to anyone who attacks Stiches, 1wp.

-Heart Of Darkness: +5 MDV, 6m.

-Ravening Mouth Of Melee: Recovers 1m per HL dealt with Melee, 3m.

Willpower: 6/8

Personal Essence: 7/16

Peripheral Essence: 21/37

Anima Banner: 13m

cyl said:
Duely noted... I don't know if talismans would count as magic though for the purpose of determining if you are a valid target for ranged attacks (because if not... you're not).
Well... do they have whispers? If not, they can still shoot at me, but with penalties vs invisible/unseen target. +2 diff from external penalty, I believe.

I'm much more aware as a ST when I sleep at night :wink:

This invisibility imposes a -2 external penalty to any attempt to notice or attack her. Ranged attacks against her become impossible (she is not a valid target) without the aid of magic or a stunt.
Hence my question, does a talisman improving accuracy count as magic ?

I'm torn between equipment and magic bonus... I'm doing some more research before answering.

If they can shoot however they'll suffer the -2 penalty.

Spending 4 motes on Instinct-Driven Beast Movement to give me x2 to my movement rates.

So... what phase is the moon? Still Changing Moon, or has it shifted into Full/No Moon?

Gulup said:
Spending 4 motes on Instinct-Driven Beast Movement to give me x2 to my movement rates.
So... what phase is the moon? Still Changing Moon, or has it shifted into Full/No Moon?
We may have skipped to the Fulll Moon phase, but I can't find a significant Moon Calendar.

Let's set it to Full Moon right now.

Okay so.

How do you want to handle this ?

Mass or Normal combat then War when/if the soldiers get here.

I'll go with whichever lets me stand a chance against all those archers... Especially since cyl had said this earlier...

cyl said:
Plus I don't know if poor Rasheel will stand a chance against the archers as a solo unit, while he has one as a single exalt.
I don't know how serious he may or may not have been about 'poor Rasheel', but...

Well let's just say I'll consider 3 scales and a fang (Magnitude 2/1, Drill 2, Might 1 RCR 4 RCD 2, A 2 ) The leader acc would be 8 (dex 3 arch 4 but capped by war 3 +1 talisman +1 bow).

Meaning when I aim I roll 8, add 3 bonus suxx (war 3 cap again) +2/1 suxx for Magnitude difference. When I hit the damage will be 5 + 2 + suxx (min 2) + fire damage if you get hit.

You on the other hand will be capped by your war rating of 1 for the most pertinent Mass Combat stats Acc/DV.

You're not necessarily going to die fighting them on your own, but I though a warning was appropriate.

Nobble said:
well war is war but I think Jux will be taking cover.....
there is no mass social combat rules ;)
Actually, there are.

And I'm fine either way, but would like to see some War. With Constable sitting it out, and Jux as a Solo Unit (mass combat doesn't cap Performance, I believe), we can manage a decent Magnitude 2 Unit. Plus, I really wanna Stunt Stiches tearing through huge slews of mortals, and that's what she'll do in Mass Combat. If it's normal combat, she'll be limited to about one or two kills per action. Stupid Rate.

Well her most destructive power takes effect not when she strikes but when she's hit if you ask me.

I'll start my trip around Peru this sunday, so I guess we should make a small pause, before launching a battle and finish it a month later. What do you say ?

Ok by me... Might give me enough time to think of how to actually handle the archers without getting too roughed up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back