[OOC Thread] The Darkened Halls [Walking with the Darkness]

Tome said:
Gulup said:
Okay... Gulup, why are you posting "testing" everywhere?
because of the wierd bug or whatever that had been happening to me. I was trying to see if it was limited to the thread/forum I originally had wanted to post to, or all of them. apparently the posts showed up a good while after I had tried this, as at the time absolutely NOTHING had happened each time I hit 'Submit'

Really? Because I had money on "Gulup is actually an AI living on Flagg's server".

Pity, I lost a fiver on that bet. :P

Who is left standing against us in the fight in the alley?

And missed :wink:

Prepare yourselves for a one last demonstration of the power of the Air Dragon Style... though I reaally doubt he'll survive T9.

Well he did move on his tick... but using a simple charm limits your movement... I was counting on more failure on the earthquake roll, that was the best option and was the usual winning strategy of the two monks.

Maybe a third one could have been more fun, but I don't want to kill anyone on the first Chapter...

Though Stitches is in an uncomfortable position :lol:

Actually... silly ST... you can move on EVERY tick. Even on ticks that you just activated a simple charm on.

You just can't do jumps or dashes... without using charms. :D

Movement = life in some cases.

Well... actually, he just crossed 10 yards to get in the center to be sure to hit everyone of you... but you're totally right... he's going up. :D

It likely is... it also presents a challenge so we don't one-shot our opponents. :lol:

With a little flurry (jump) or a good stunt (aiming at his legs) he's in reach.

You got two options:

- make a stunt with the roll you previously made, adding a 2 die bonus to your roll, but there are no garantees you'll hit him if you do.

- make a new action using charms and stunts and of course, another roll.

I rewrote the original post; now I am flurrying a jump and then an attack. Yay! Is it still two dice for the stunt? If so I'll go roll them, too.

Yup 2 dice stunt...

Think I'm gonna put some houserule on stunts to avoid "stunt dice ?" "how many stunt dice do I get ?" "stunt bonuses ?". Kinda like : for x= +1 for y= +1 again, x+y= +2, and for x+y + a level of awesomeness rarely achieve +3.

Standard formulas rulez.

Also... I think I'm gonna keep the DV to myself later on... either you hit or you don't. You can however figure out what's the DV with the number of suxx passing his DV... how's that sound ? :?:

Hrm. Well, stunts are vital to the whole Exalted combat system, so...perhaps assume that the rules within the book are being followed? Anything more than 'I hit him with my sword (+2 vs. elfs)' is a one-die stunt, and anything that involves the environment is a two-die, and you mostly come in and tell us if we're being downgraded for repetiveness or upgraded for awesome?

As for DVs - as an ST I generally only say what they are after a round or two has gone by, and the players could conceivably have figured out what it was and why. Plus, for my last fight I made everything as transparent as possible for a couple of v. new players. I would very strongly recommend saying how many dice they get in an attack - information like that is implicitly transparent in the system, i.e., he declares charm use on Step 1 of Combat Resolution, and I use that information to decide how I want to defend, even though the character couldn't tell if that DB was making a normal attack or 45m, 4wp hyper-death-combo.

Laundreu said:
Hrm. Well, stunts are vital to the whole Exalted combat system, so...perhaps assume that the rules within the book are being followed? Anything more than 'I hit him with my sword (+2 vs. elfs)' is a one-die stunt, and anything that involves the environment is a two-die, and you mostly come in and tell us if we're being downgraded for repetiveness or upgraded for awesome?
Point was to encourage awesomness and let the player defines his own level of awesomeness judging by the quality of the description he made based on some elements... to avoid time loss, not that it really bothers me, but it'd run faster this way. :)

Laundreu said:
I would very strongly recommend saying how many dice they get in an attack - information like that is implicitly transparent in the system, i.e., he declares charm use on Step 1 of Combat Resolution, and I use that information to decide how I want to defend, even though the character couldn't tell if that DB was making a normal attack or 45m, 4wp hyper-death-combo.
This one's actually a very good idea. :)

I like the concept of a hyperdeath combo... it's just that they are hard to build :lol:

Haku said:
I like the concept of a hyperdeath combo... it's just that they are hard to build :lol:
Yes, DBs have problems with Combos... mostly the lack of need for them. Still, there's a few good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back