[OOC] Team Anathema Discussion Thread [Clashing Waves]

Hmm... how much would you say Dragon Armour weighs? Since Fire Dragon Armour is likely to not be quite so effective when submerged...

Well, the Fire Aspect is dead. That makes this much simpler.

Seriously, Fire Aspects in full armour do not swim so well.

And considering this guys is sort of... rash, he didn't bring anything to allow him to swim. He's dead in an hour when his air runs out.

That would be a good plan, if it didn't have the minor flaw of not taking into account the many predators of the deeps. Or in this case, the single predator of the deeps.

Actually, it's a fairly steep drop down to the ocean floor, and I have a sinking suspicion that Fire Dragon Armour sorta breaks if you fall in the water.

Nah... it doesn't... it breaks when you fall down and hit the ground HARD.

This be magitech armour... it doesn't break at something like water.

It's made of Red Jade and contains more Fire Aspected essence than most Fire Aspects. He's lucky it doesn't explode.

It's up to you... but it'd mean that Water aspect armor fails in the north, air fails in the south... and so on with the other dragon armor if you do go with the elemental vulnerabilities working on the dragon armours.

Tome said:
Actually, it's a fairly steep drop down to the ocean floor, and I have a sinking suspicion that Fire Dragon Armour sorta breaks if you fall in the water.
It is? Huh. I thought we were in a relatively shallow port. Well, there goes my strategy. Better come up with a new one.

I'm wondering... Tome, are you using any specific rules regarding dialogue in Combat time? I wasn't sure, I took the safe route and just assumed once per action (...or tick? and posted as such. But... if there's no real restriction, I'd have Theran respond to Rowan. >_>

Are there any rules at all regarding dialogue in combat? I mean I can't personally recall any such... :oops:

Letting the hero or villian a moment in combat to talk is a staple in comics and movies. In the Hero System, they have a '0 phase action' list, and it includes taking a moment to make a cool soliloquy in an effort to play against the hopes and fears of your target.

So, why not? :)

By the way, people, I'm accepting suggestions regarding my course of action.

Tome, I'll stunt my defence. Just saying beforehand.

Is it possible for Rowan to interpose himself in front of the Essence blast and take the hit instead of Architect? Is there even any kind of rule for that outside of a Charm?

I don't think there's a rule for it Sherwood. But don't worry, Theran's got this under control. In fact, he'll be telling you that very shortly in my post, as soon as I get some clarifications on a few details. >_>

I fell asleep not too long after... I worked 14 hours of moving furniture. >_<

Though seriously, post soon. I've gotta do Biohazard first 'cause it's been a lot longer since I last posted there. >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back