[OOC] Team Anathema Discussion Thread [Clashing Waves]

Nah, it's because Glass River is Theran's fiancee. You've yet to see an angry Theran Faye. It all depends on how much of a masochist you are... :twisted:

fhgwdads05 said:
Nah, it's because Glass River is Theran's fiancee. You've yet to see an angry Theran Faye. It all depends on how much of a masochist you are... :twisted:
Also: Booby-traps. :twisted:

Well, uh, maybe Rowan won't kill Glass River.

Because Fury's the one who kills her.

Tome said:
Also: Booby-traps. :twisted:
The thing about booby-traps, the important thing, is that you can't boobytrap every part of something. So you only trap things like the controls, or the entrance.

Booby-traps are, therefore, somewhat less efficacious if someone just tears the thing apart with their bare hands.

Ah, but you can rig, let's say a Soulbreaker Orb or something, to go off when the pilot dies. :twisted:

Not that I'm going to do something like that...

Well that's just a waste of a perfectly good soulbreaker orb. You can't waste those things on chance. Who's to say that your warstrider pilot won't die while leading a bunch of other people loyal to you? And what if it's being used to defend somewhere rather than attack? You'd look very silly if your booby-trapped warstrider annihilated a city you were supposed to look after.

But for a suicide mission? Very useful.

And, as I said, I'm not actually going to rig it to detonate a Soulbreaker when GR dies. What I have planned is much, much nastier.

Hehe, of course it is Jukashi. That was just an example I believe. What Tome's trying to say is that it's very easy to trap the Warstrider in the way he's mentioned. Some sort of explosive device that damages everything around the Warstrider when the pilot dies.

EDIT: *sees Tome's post* :shock: Well let's hope Theran will be able to prevent that.... >_>

But the only enemies that can reliably kill warstrider pilots are Exalted, and any trap strong enough to kill an Exalted warrior is probably enough to seriously damage the warstrider, too. Those things are valuable. Especially when they're made of starmetal.

Had a busy weekend, but now I finally have sometime to check out what's going on. I see some omonous hints about boobytrapped Warstriders. Do I really want to go on? :roll:

Limit Break is set for Rowan as Ascetic Drive

Results from my roll: 3x(D10+0): 2 5 9

How the hell are you getting 28 dice? :shock:

I know the Flight system adds some, but seriously, 28?

Simple. Dex of 6 in DBT form, add six more for my Excellency, Accuracy of the Claws of the Silver Moon is equal to Dex, so there is 12 more, then 3 for my Martial Arts, and one auto for Relentless Lunar Fury.

With RLF going, I could have added two more dots to my dex, but I'm trying to save some motes for down the road.

Tome has said this before... >_<

Excellencies do not increase the Accuracy granted by Claws of the Silver Moon whatsoever. Therefore, you're only getting 6 from them, not 12.

Yes, I believe so. But then again, I'm not the final arbiter on this here in this game. That power goes to Tome :P .

I think it's easier if you put the Excellencies at the end of your calculation in terms of what you can add to your die pool.

Ala Dex 6 + MA 3 + Silver claws 6 + Excellency 6... and so on...

Chaka said:
The accuracy does go up from Deadly Beastman bonuses, though, right?
Yes, DBT does increase the Accuracy of CotSM. Excellencies do not.

But hey, if that's the way Sherwood rules on that issue... Laughter's gonna take CotSM real soon. :D

I dunno, Tome! The Lunar Excellencies are explicitly described as being able to increase static values, essentially being momentary boosts to the rating of your Attributes rather than separate added dice. That's why, for example, Fury can use her Strength Excellency to add to her damage.

I would say you can use your Dex Excellency to boost CotSM's benefit, but only if you activate it explicitly for that purpose. Then, since it's reflexive, he could use it to boost his Dexterity for the purposes of the attack as well.

You're the Storyteller, though.

I am quite happy to make any adjustments to my die pools as required by the ST. Since Tome says that the Dex bonus granted by Excellencies do not add to the Accuracy bonus of the Claws, 'nuff said. In that particular attack, the damn Siddie cheated anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back