[OOC] Team Anathema Discussion Thread [Clashing Waves]

The essence for that spell isn't commited (they note when it is). But while engaged in strenuous activity you don't regain motes. A normal hike is listed as strenuous so I'm assuming a hike along the bottom of the ocean concentrating on a spell would be also.

But your hearthstone gives back to you regardless of activity.

The essence for that spell isn't commited (they note when it is). But while engaged in strenuous activity you don't regain motes. A normal hike is listed as strenuous so I'm assuming a hike along the bottom of the ocean concentrating on a spell would be also.
But your hearthstone gives back to you regardless of activity.
Bingo.

Hey, Tomester, I'm going to add the charm 'Octopus and Spider Barrage' to my list.

A quick question about the charm. It mentions horns and tusks, so what modifiers would I get with a wing buffet? It would be a bashing attack, and only useable when not flying.

If the mutation lists one benefit as using it as a weapon you could. Otherwise it'd be no different than a hip thrust attack, or attacking with each finger, etc.

I could pick up Flawless Brush Discipline but it'd cost me 34xp which I just don't have right now. However it IS one of the things on my list to do after I become a swordsman of incomparable prowess. Hmm... that's a good Combo name.

The charm says that a lunar in human form will get four attacks, one for each limb. So, with a sword, you can do a sword strike, hand attack, and two kicks. What I'm looking for is stats on a bashing attack with a wing.

Sherwood said:
The charm says that a lunar in human form will get four attacks, one for each limb. So, with a sword, you can do a sword strike, hand attack, and two kicks. What I'm looking for is stats on a bashing attack with a wing.
I'm going to say that hitting someone with a wing counts as a Kick, only it deals +1B rather than +3B.

I get what you're saying Sherwood. But as far as I understand you only get the attacks with natural limbs. In my game these are your 4 natural limbs plus any additional limbs or natural attacks you purchase with mutations (or have in other forms).

So Blood River, my Lunar in your game, wouldn't have a bite attack because he didn't buy teeth as a mutation even if he does in fact have teeth (I didn't write it into my backstory, but I have all the teeth a tribal slave who's mistreated and undernurished would have in a primative jungle setting... crap) However I purchased the horns mutations specifically so I could attack with them in O&S barrage and might pick up a bite attack (a cow bites hard) later once my essence is raised.

The wings mutation gives you flight, whether it's wings or gas filled bags. But I don't think the wings are actually natural weapons because a bird doesn't attack with his wings, etc.

At least that's the way we handle it in a home game. Mostly beause otherwise one of the players tries shit like "elbow, elbow, punch, punch, knee, knee, kick, kick, bite, forehead slam, flying belly crusher, 7x armor spikes"

I'm just giving them to him because he has extra functional limbs. An elbow counts as a Punch, but wings? 'Sides, the guy has a Squid form, pimping OaSB isn't exactly hard for him.

No, it's totally understandable allowing wings and a fine houserule. But I think that kosher rules only lets mutations that explicitly grant natural limbs count for the attacks. In our game we just limited it to 10 regardless of the giant thousand legged millipede form someone wants to get.

In the charm description, it mentions stuff like horns and tusks as viable 'limbs' to use for attacks, so it seemed reasonable to me for my warbird form to be able to use the Daiklave in one hand, have the claws from the second arm and the two legs, and then a swat with the wings, since with the 'wing' mutation I actually have a set of extra limbs that just happen to form wings.

Pretty damn good looking wings, too. 8) Just check out my character pic.

Althou... why someone would wanna try infinite attacks without an infinite die pool? They wouldn't be able to sustain it. :D

Pterok have a Wing Buffet attack, and I think I converted it to 2e in my 2e DKs article on Lore5. If you want to take a look at that.

You just say those things 'cus your are a water-aspected, but you will not scare me. Whales are absolutely harmless...

Aren't they? 0.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back