[OOC] Team Anathema Discussion Thread [Clashing Waves]

If my stunt writeup is good, I'll owe four xp to cover the cost. Will that work? Or, I'll pick it up first, and the Guardian of Flame spell will be next on the list once I get the next four points.

Anyone have anything they want to do before the crew wakes up at dusk? Or before the demon returns at dawn?

Right, anyways, the crew is going to wake up at dusk. Anyone want to hide anything/dive under the ship/roleplay an explanation?

Well, Rowan is a semi-known Lunar that spends his time protecting ships that travel in the region. Its probable that someone on the ship knows him, or at least, know of him. Heck, I have a Warstrider in the hold just in case some pirate vessels get too uppity. On a ship like this, sailors talk. They are going to know what is down in the hold and who it belongs to.

Aleph will cover his face as soon as he gets a new cloth. Right now, I hope the crew likes piercings.

So we'll assume that everyone just hides the Orihalcum and Moonsilver, the crew wakes up and you folks just say you fought off a Necromancer and some Zombies? Unless, anyone else wants to do something different, lets skip to the part with the demon.

I assume you also mention the demon.

How much time passes exactly? I want to know how much essence I get back.

Fury isn't going to hide from the crew, by the way; swimming is a bad idea when you're injured, even for a shark woman. If they don't like it... tough! :P

Yeah, my daiklave isn't leaving my side for a bit either. If they're upset we're anathema they can deal with it.

Wooohoo! Raising Medicine to 3, as part of working on Aleph and FWF. The nil training time for Caste and Favored abilities rocks :D .

Cool. My spells are paid for and ready to go. Now, its time to bank up for more Charms and Knacks.

Can I get a Join Debate from Rowan (who seems to have stumbled below deck) and anyone else who's joining in?

As well as a nice social attack from Rowan, which gets a 2 die stunt.

Hmm... Sherwood I believe we are in a tight spot here. Both of us lack any dots in Presence whatsoever :P .

I'm gonna sit this one out for now then :P . If thing get hairy though, I will flare my Anima Banner so fast that these mortals will think they took shrooms for a moment :D .

Humm... if it's needed I activate Authority Radiating Stance. We get and instant army for a short period of time.

By the way, people. From now on, and until the end of this weekend, I'll probably not be able to post. Please, be free to use Aleph.

Just for your clarification, Lane, in the section on Hesitation and Rout in the Mass Combat section of the 2e Core, this is what it says concerning the rout check:

[QUOTE="Exalted Second Edition]If a rout check succeeds, nothing happens. On a failure, the unit hesitates. It cannot move until its next action. Worse, the unit loses one dot of Magnitude by every success by which the roll failed.

[/QUOTE]
I read that as saying that Rout and Hesistation are different, but part of the same entity. When a unit fails a rout check, they hesitate AND rout.

But nothing says to roll for hesitation. So adding +2 to the difficulty of the hestitation roll isn't a penalty at all because it's never rolled. Simply a side effect of failing a rout check.

The +2 difficulty comes from the difference between Magnitude and Drill, correct? The crews magnitude is 2, their current drill is 0 (unordered mob). So they add 2 to the difficulty of the rout check. The Core says nothing about adding to the difficulty of hesitation checks, so I'm puzzled as to where you got that from. :?

P 166, formations. Close formation reduces hesitation roll difficulties by 2, unordered and skirmish increase it by two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back