[OOC] Team Anathema Discussion Thread [Clashing Waves]

If you really, really want to fight the demon instead of sacrificing 0 health levels to make it go away with it's head down, I'll agree with what the majority of the groups says (mainly because Aleph wouldn't care very much...), but Aleph will just cast an Impervious Sphere of Water and give lots of moral support to you, he is not in condition of participating actively in the combat. Despite of the metagame that would imply, I suggest you take a look at Eristrufa's stats. She is no Kukla, but she is quite respectable.

Hey Lane, you don't have to use Social Combat to decide every social encounter..... Just freaking make up your mind. You can give blood or you can swim to shore :D .

No, but in this case I'm giving you guys a chance to convince me. It doesn't have be a join debate rolling social combat with ticks, etc. I just want to know how persuasive your characters are.

Five Waves Fury is appealing to my compassionate nature, so that provides a bonus obviously. And while I was looking up roughly what that would mean mechanically I figured I might as well ask you for rolls.

You are aware that you've got the biggest MDV in our group (or I may start calling it "circle" already?), don't you? None of us can easily persuade you without the use of excellences (both IC and OOC, it seems :lol: ), and I don't think it's very smart to burn Essence attacking (physically or socially) other player's characters when we are using our last reserves.

I didn't say it's impossible, I said it's not easy. Even if you attack with 10 dice, you will have less than 50% chance of getting through his MDV.

Oh, and Sherwood, it's about mid-afternoon. The decision must be made by dawn tomorrow. You have plenty of time.

Ok. I wasn't sure, but instead of arguing about it on the OOC pages, lets get it posted officially IC.

Then I guess I'm RPing myself correctly... :)
It is certainly not in my power do judge what your character would do. But thinking just about your stats, I'd say it's a little strange. MDV doesn't equal stubbornness, it just helps you not to do things that would contradict your personality. Helping a bunch of mortals doesn't seems like contradicting the personality of a compassion 4 exalt...

Well, I don't like to give up a winnable fight. Casualties are part of battle.

I view my character as more of a compassionate leader type. Concerned about the welfare of the group instead of individuals.

Should I switch my spell from the Flame Guardian to the Banish one? I can write up a sudden flashback of being a uber-powerful Lunar with the ability to send this little punk packing...

Well, I don't like to give up a winnable fight. Casualties are part of battle.
I view my character as more of a compassionate leader type. Concerned about the welfare of the group instead of individuals.
Your Valor fits that. But your Conviction doesn't. BTW, having Conviction 1 doesn't mean you should have no Motivation. Every Exalt should have a Motivation that is grandiose and/or heroic in some nature. It's the reason you Exalt. Well, at least Solars. >.>

Yeah, I have a motivation.

Motivation: Defend the innocent people of the West against the enemies of creation (Fey, Demons, Deathlords).

fhgwdads05 said:
*Snip* It's the reason you Exalt. Well, at least Solars. >.>
Lunars, on the other hand, Exalt for being too badass to die. 8)

And Rowan, feel free to Stunt up a Banish spell.

Emerald Circle Banishment, as its called. Basically works just like the Banishment involved with Demon of the First Circle when the Caster loses the opposed roll. >.>

Me or Rowan? Cause now that I think about it, a flashback for this spell would work perfectly in tangent with my last flashback about the Occult Excellency.... :wink:

Should be fine. I have more than enough at the moment, though I think I'd rather spend it on abilities. Then again, the spell would be useful though.

We have an extra 6XP coming, right? >.>

The current XP total is 32xp. Lane has a combo and charms he wants to buy for 35xp, so he'll have to wait till the next page to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back