• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC for Earth 17371

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Before I make any sort of revisions... I'd like to get the GM's opinion on it. Once he does such, I'll start editing.

Before I make any sort of revisions... I'd like to get the GM's opinion on it. Once he does such, I'll start editing.
The GM like my comment
further more Andrita Andrita
I don't want you to downgrade him, I want you to tweak the explanations behind his power. He's not a Green Lantern, that's not how this universe works. It hasn't been "just a nickname" for him because you constantly refer to his powers as being "Willpower <noun>" trying to explain his abilities as willpower instead of what they functionally are: Telekinesis and telepathy, which when you get right down to it rely on one's willpower to function. The way you try to explain it as willpower contradicts it directly, because you say that his willpower gets so powerful that it overwhelms his willpower and knocks him out. Well that's just how I feel.
This comment btw

Can I get a link to the rp please? Now that my headache is not killing me I like to try to post

Okay then... May I ask who are the Mods in this case ?
To be frank. I am not a mod of this and neither is Karcen Karcen but we have years of experiences roleplaying. I can tell you that these mods and gm are very helpful and patient with you. I probably outright ignore you in their position. The mods told you who they were.

To be frank. I am not a mod of this and neither is Karcen Karcen but we have years of experiences roleplaying. I can tell you that these mods and gm are very helpful and patient with you. I probably outright ignore you in their position. The mods told you who they were.
same but Crenando considers me an honorary mod.

Andrita Andrita . Your character could be alright. You just need to edit it to make them less OP and not have them be the living embodiment of willpower.
Also like I said, you want a type of Green Lantern, have your character be one of the Dr Spectrums.
When's Squadron Supreme tho. The OGs, none of those edgy follow-ups.
latest

All right, here's my opinion:

Andrita Andrita Your character isn't horrible, but it isn't great either. Harvesting the power of an emotion and using it to amplify a person seems a little . . . meh. It seems quite comparable to how the Lantern Corps work in the DC Universe. They utilize emotions (Avarice, Rage, Love, Compassion, Will, Fear, Life, Death, and Hope) to power their weapons (rings). In the case of your character, Marcus uses the emotion of Will to boost himself [statistics] to a great extent. Something that is a little too far-stretched, especially when it comes to such a powerful emotion.

Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts does make a point when they say that your character does hold the power to steer the RP in a different direction then what was intended. But at the same time, you make a valid point by saying it could make for a sub-plot. And while that's great and all, the beginning of this RP is going to be an already planned out sub-plot, with the main story arc arriving later. Too many sub-plots would get the RP side-tracked, and it'd take too long to get to the big event. However, it would allow for more interaction between characters, as well as develop our characters.

All in all, your character just seems too OP still. Despite you claiming that Marcus is a Beta threat, he seems to be Alpha (judging by his statistics).

Also, since he can "emit willpower" couldn't he just become progressively stronger without even internally expressing his emotion of will?

><><><><><>

My recommendation: retry. I'm not asking you to make a Gamma or Beta level character, I'm just asking that you give your character some deep thinking. If you're stuck on character ideas, just let me or one of the Mods know, and we'll assist you. You will always be welcomed to try again, never forget that. As the great Bob Ross would say, "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.". And then he'd tell you to beat the devil out of your brush, but that's a discussion for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back