• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC for Earth 17371

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Do you
"Willpower Embodiment" is a nickname. It isn't meant to be taken literal like a Abstract Embodiment of a Concept. It means he gathers energy from said concept to do certain powers. He isn't a God or anything like that.
Where is the limit to. It god like abilities. You can't wrap reality and say it okay because we could snipe him. Reality wrapping makes the weakness mute and void. You don't need those powers to be realivent in a rp. People could easily be Hawkeye or black widow level a still be on the same playing field as magneto.

Scarlet witch isn't allowed for those reasons . She literally can change the world by saying "no more mutants". Yet she can also be sniped from a distance.

He literally only empowers himself and makes constructs. And I already put several restrictions on his profile, physically and psychologically. He has no reality warping powers with them... At all.

But the problem is that you're looking at the RP like;

There's all these other characters, and they get one plot, but then there's your cosmically significant character who stands apart from everyone and gets their own sub-plot... Like we're stepping stones.

... All I did was attempt to be creative. Didn't I say I would remove that personallity trait, therefore removing the sub-plot ? It's literally as simple as pressing backspace a few times.

If you thought Access was bad...
Ivan Grey Summers ... Son of Dark Phoenix and The One Above All ..... Capable of harming and even defeating TOAA if he didn't utilize his full power... Going to take his place as TOAA in the future.. And calls himself The Beyonder ... God dang.

In my opinion, I really don't see the problem with Andrita Andrita ' character. So what if the character has a sub plot, not every character drives straight to the main plot of a set role play either way. I think he's capable of role playing properly and not meta gaming with his character, even though most other characters are a lot stronger than Marcus anyways. It shouldn't be this big of a deal whether or not a character can push their own story, or drive their own sub plot without the whole cast.

If you thought Access was bad...
Ivan Grey Summers ... Son of Dark Phoenix and The One Above All ..... Capable of harming and even defeating TOAA if he didn't utilize his full power... Going to take his place as TOAA in the future.. And calls himself The Beyonder ... God dang.
are you showing us this just so we can accept your character because this is manipulative.

... How ? All he does is gain power from Willpower. Being it's Embodiment is just a Nickname of sorts . He also was aware of what occurred from the cosmic wave. I think that is what you are referring to ? He got his powers directly from it, just like most of the current mutants from it. The only difference was that he was alive when it happened and was aware of what occurred.

I can downgrade him even further to just a Agent who has training... But that's been overdone twice , almost three times already. I feel mine will just be stale...
excuse me but tell me when was Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Wolverine are just regulare ol' agents with training. (BTW who are the 2-3 agents who are in the RP if you don't mind me asking)

SHIELD wouldn't call him the embodiment of willpower on file. especially when Cosmic personifications are a thing.

further more Andrita Andrita
I don't want you to downgrade him, I want you to tweak the explanations behind his power. He's not a Green Lantern, that's not how this universe works. It hasn't been "just a nickname" for him because you constantly refer to his powers as being "Willpower <noun>" trying to explain his abilities as willpower instead of what they functionally are: Telekinesis and telepathy, which when you get right down to it rely on one's willpower to function. The way you try to explain it as willpower contradicts it directly, because you say that his willpower gets so powerful that it overwhelms his willpower and knocks him out. Well that's just how I feel.

Even tho I do agree that subplots are important, having your character be the embodiment of willpower sounds pretty OP.
Also if you want to try and have your character be like Green Lantern, have your character be another Dr. Spectrum. Look him up if you don't know who he is.

Even tho I do agree that subplots are important, having your character be the embodiment of willpower sounds pretty OP.
Also if you want to try and have your character be like Green Lantern, have your character be another Dr. Spectrum. Look him up if you don't know who he is.
Squadron Supreme!

This was exactly what I told him last night. With his last character. No body said that portals were bad. But if you can hurt the cosmic reality it not good for the rp. Turning him into a watcher doesnt change this.

Prime examples of characters in marvel that can use portals are spot, cloak and a few others

This was exactly what I told him last night. With his last character. No body said that portals were bad. But if you can hurt the cosmic reality it not good for the rp. Turning him into a watcher doesnt change this.

Prime examples of characters in marvel that can use portals are spot, cloak and a few others
And Spot is somehow a low-tier Spidey character.

Like on my comment for when I revised it???
yup usually

Andrita Andrita . Your character could be alright. You just need to edit it to make them less OP and not have them be the living embodiment of willpower.
Also like I said, you want a type of Green Lantern, have your character be one of the Dr Spectrums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back