[OOC] Around the Fire - for any ooc discussion. [A Missing Flame]

To be honest, I didn't spend much time trying to optimize. I just kind of skimmed through the list and picked out anything that I thought would be interesting/useful/fitting for my character to have.

Yeah, I'm wondering where the last two of our little menagerie are. We're still missing two characters here. Lunars, oddly enough, given how much of the initial interest for this game was Lunars...

As for character design, Odalis was made fairly quickly. I worry that they lack a little something in the martial arts department but we can't all be ass-kicking marauders, right?

No problem, I am not trying to hustle you.

It's just that in my experience PBP games depend on momentum to keep going. If you keep ppl waiting for a few months before the game starts, a lot of ppl will drop and or not keep up. When the interest is gone, the game is dead. That's why so many games die.

I don't even try to include non-core stuff in char gen anymore. Scroll of the monk, imperfect lotus, codex and black/white treatise is enough for me.

Phoenix-Kensai needs to post his character yet, and interestingly enough, so does Kaelik, who started the thread for a Solar/Lunar game.

I don't mean to be pushy, but perhaps a time limit could be set so that we can get started. I'd hate for interest to wane due to waiting for a character sheets.

ok, I will begin the game on saturday. that should give you guys the time to finish your character sheets, and to PM me with the Solar-Lunar pairs.

All right.

I suppose I'll just forget about Merits and Flaws and get to work on finishing everything, since there wasn't anything important I wanted to take anyway.

...and to PM me with the Solar-Lunar pairs.
Speaking O' which, any lunars still unattached....?
Speaking of which, do our characters know each other before this begins? It'd be amusing if we had a moderately pre-existing circle of Solars/Lunars, even if only recently formed. They could change Creation at an astonishing pace.

I also mention this also because, if they've met before, the Solars likely know who their Lunar mates are.

you all know one another, however briefly. If you remember the short blurb i posted about this game, you all arrived to the same place, following a dream, when the four seasons asked you to find Fire Season, as she's missing.

...and to PM me with the Solar-Lunar pairs.
Speaking O' which, any lunars still unattached....?
Mine is unattached, for obvious reasons, though I guess it would be best for me to finish the descriptions and everything before any decisions are made.

...Though speaking of that, when on Saturday is the game starting, and how long will we have to decide pairs? I probably won't be able to finish my character sheet until tonight, but with the time zone difference between me and the Storyteller, that doesn't leave much time until Saturday.

Hi hi! I'm your new changing moon ^^ I did so try not to be a mimic it appears of Phoenix's chara ><

I think we'll be fine in that area... we do have three social-ish characters, but they all seem to have a different focus.

It's too bad we don't have anyone with Contempt of the Virtuous, either... that would be entertaining, if even harsher than pairing her with the Eclipse.

Also, a couple of questions... what exactly is Socialize used for, compared to the other social skills like Presence? The book seems kind of vague on that, unless I'm just misunderstanding it.

Also, could you give me an estimate on how much time I have left? There are various things I need to do today, so I'll have to plan my schedule to be sure I can get this done in time.

socialize is used for surprise in social combat, interacting with social groups, and discerning motives.

You have less than 24 hours till game start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back