• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One piece interest check.

I Iamkingdomhearts1000 That's interesting but also answers approximately none of my questions.

I don't understand? oh, wait, i think i get what you mean, how he got there is that the Thousand Dragons Pirates have a "unique" system for travelling to other parts outside the Grand Line, of which hopefully i intend to reveal during the RP since its still in concept to be honest.

I, too, am very much against the idea of giving really any player the ability to be something as setting-defining and blatantly all-powerful as a yonko right off the bat tbqh. Or high ranking marines or shichibukai, for that matter. Those are huge roles to cover, consistently major bossfights and story points across the entire series' run with the yonko in particular being nothing short of untouchable even now.

It smacks of someone wanting to lord an important position over others, which is precisely the kind of player you don't want to give major roles to, especially since we're starting at smaller, self-contained adventures in a Blue. Yonkos have a shitload more important things to worry about than being around a Blue, and no one that can't get through Paradise is really worth their attention at all.

I, too, am very much against the idea of giving really any player the ability to be something as setting-defining and blatantly all-powerful as a yonko right off the bat tbqh. Or high ranking marines or shichibukai, for that matter. Those are huge roles to cover, consistently major bossfights and story points across the entire series' run with the yonko in particular being nothing short of untouchable even now.

It smacks of someone wanting to lord an important position over others, which is precisely the kind of player you don't want to give major roles to, especially since we're starting at smaller, self-contained adventures in a Blue. Yonkos have a shitload more important things to worry about than being around a Blue, and no one that can't get through Paradise is really worth their attention at all.

I won't deny that i want to portray a Yonko Pirate Crew but if it makes anyone happy, i'll set aside that idea for the time being, i don't want to completely discard it and i'm hoping since i haven't seen a lot of One Piece RPs here on RPNation that this RP might go the distance.

I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Well if you're planning for it to go the distance why are you so insistent on playing a villain that won't be able to do anything for what 2/3rds of the storyline from the outset of the game instead of something you'll be able to progress all the way through?
And secondly you still haven't answered any of my whys and hows clearly and I'd really appreciate it if you would.

I don't understand? oh, wait, i think i get what you mean, how he got there is that the Thousand Dragons Pirates have a "unique" system for travelling to other parts outside the Grand Line, of which hopefully i intend to reveal during the RP since its still in concept to be honest.
The Yonko wouldn’t be messing around in the four seas, they stick to the grand line meaning paradise and the new world.

I understand your concern and I want to straighten this out, someone who makes a Yonko or a warlord for this rp will not control the main plot or “boss fights” as is correctly put aha
Myself and the person who created said character/faction would make that happen.

I just want to say now that i'm not trying to be a control freak or anything, i'm not trying to pick fights, i'm just trying to come up with an idea that might interest people is all including i myself am happy with, i don't want to create a Pirate Crew that may very well never get seen or heard of again like both Don Krieg's and Kuro's, i just want to enjoy a good One Piece RP experience with fellow fans of the series.​

It kind of is, except not at all and still a terrible choice. Have you considered just regular, globally accepted black text that everyone can easily see?

It kind of is, except not at all and still a terrible choice. Have you considered just regular, globally accepted black text that everyone can easily see?
I hate hate HATE the white RPN. Way to bright for me which is why I am stuck on white sorry

Okay but you don't actually need to format the text to be white at all? It is clearly perfectly readable without touching it on both skins, in fact I question why you'd format what is already white text for you to be white again or barely distinguishable, making it unreadable in the default look.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force
Yes and we're discussing the actual opener being rather hard to read, which makes the game harder to participate in. Do try to keep up.

Okay but you don't actually need to format the text to be white at all? It is clearly perfectly readable without touching it on both skins, in fact I question why you'd format what is already white text for you to be white again or barely distinguishable, making it unreadable in the default look.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force
Yes and we're discussing the actual opener being rather hard to read, which makes the game harder to participate in. Do try to keep up.
I honestly had the dark theme for so long I thought it was always white text.
If I change the opening post to black so you can see how do we get around this next post of mine aha

Are you saying whatever default colour this is that I’m typing with, comes up black for you and white for me?

I just want to say now that i'm not trying to be a control freak or anything, i'm not trying to pick fights, i'm just trying to come up with an idea that might interest people is all including i myself am happy with, i don't want to create a Pirate Crew that may very well never get seen or heard of again like both Don Krieg's and Kuro's, i just want to enjoy a good One Piece RP experience with fellow fans of the series.​
Have you by any chance tried actually joining the main party and actually having a good one piece rp experience with fellow fans by engaging them on the same level and not just going off and doing your own thing entirely separate from the rest of the group because I feel like this would help things.

Have you by any chance tried actually joining the main party and actually having a good one piece rp experience with fellow fans by engaging them on the same level and not just going off and doing your own thing entirely separate from the rest of the group because I feel like this would help things.

Yeah but i don't know whereabouts everyone is currently on in the story of the RP since it has already been uploaded, plus, is everyone part of the same crew or different crews?

Did you read the posts in this thread before you made your first post?

To be honest no, i rush at things, just wanting to focus on the here and now but if your suggesting that i go through everything that has been typed up beforehand, i'm guessing that's the only thing to do at this point right?

Yeah but i don't know whereabouts everyone is currently on in the story of the RP since it has already been uploaded, plus, is everyone part of the same crew or different crews?
The idea is everyone plays a character in the main crew,

And whoever wants to can help with other factions an such, so it doesn’t get boring with just me coming up with stuff you know?

The idea is everyone plays a character in the main crew,

And whoever wants to can help with other factions an such, so it doesn’t get boring with just me coming up with stuff you know?

I see but there's one thing that bothered me when i first saw the character sheets, two characters shared the position of vice captain, is more then one allowed?

Are you saying whatever default colour this is that I’m typing with, comes up black for you and white for me?

...yes you uh, you can literally see this in your own screencaps of this very thread. That you posted here. Default text is readable white in the dark skin and readable black in the white skin. You do not have to use a single bit of BBcode to keep the base text readable for everyone.

...yes you uh, you can literally see this in your own screencaps of this very thread. That you posted here. Default text is readable white in the dark skin and readable black in the white skin. You do not have to use a single bit of BBcode to keep the base text readable for everyone.
I’m doing a bit of stuff at the moment so forgive me for not noticing, I’ll fix the opening post soon as I can.
Also when I find the default colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back