• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One piece interest check.

I mean, I can start with a general idea but it'd be nice if we had a game setup to base our characters off of. You know, what kinda story we're going with, a general idea of a plot and game start so we make characters that fit for it rather than just making One Piece People in a void.

Yeah, I got most of the basics down but I don't want to go too far into detail if there's a chance it won't mesh with the game.

I mean, I can start with a general idea but it'd be nice if we had a game setup to base our characters off of. You know, what kinda story we're going with, a general idea of a plot and game start so we make characters that fit for it rather than just making One Piece People in a void.
Base characters how you like. The start is south blue and the RP will begin either on a island with most of the ships crew already established unless people wanted to start off “joining” the crew

The Plot is random adventures going through the south blue heading toward to the grand line,
Marines, rival pirates and creatures are the enemies.
Like the source material, each character’s goal or dream pushes it forward... “To become King of the pirates” “to be a famous and feared name” whatever,

Are we going to be real pirates or are we going to be more like the Straw Hats and act more like adventurers?

Are we going to be real pirates or are we going to be more like the Straw Hats and act more like adventurers?
My bomu bomu no mi character would be more “real pirate” then straw hat, but I’m not fussed. The tone will ultimately be set by who plays. I’m not going to lead a sunshine adventure filled with silliness if each crew member is a blood thirsty murderer you know?

Flowiest D Flowiest D
Didn't want to clutter up the CS page so I'll ask here: are we actually telling players to not start with logias and haki or is it a free for all? 'cause those powers feel unnecessary and potentially gamebreaking if we're actually starting out on a Blue, and if we're limiting them it should be clarified in the CS model.

Ah, thought I added no logia and no haki,
Flowiest D Flowiest D
Didn't want to clutter up the CS page so I'll ask here: are we actually telling players to not start with logias and haki or is it a free for all? 'cause those powers feel unnecessary and potentially gamebreaking if we're actually starting out on a Blue, and if we're limiting them it should be clarified in the CS model.
Yea you’re right.

On the note of characters, T The Huntsmans Hunter I'm voting against you getting to be the captain purely on principle, because I would absolutely not give a central position to someone who'll just up and take what someone else has clearly said they're doing/working on. I'm not asking you to change the character, you play what you will and I hope we have fun, but that still isn't cool.

On the note of characters, T The Huntsmans Hunter I'm voting against you getting to be the captain purely on principle, because I would absolutely not give a central position to someone who'll just up and take what someone else has clearly said they're doing/working on. I'm not asking you to change the character, you play what you will and I hope we have fun, but that still isn't cool.
That's my mistake I did not know that anyone had asked to be the captain if I did I would not have done that.

I don't even want to be captain, I said I was taking a martial artist from Karate Island on this same thread. Again, you play what you want, not asking you to change your character, but if there's other options (currently only the GM) I'm definitely voting for them to take the captain slot instead.

That's my mistake I did not know that anyone had asked to be the captain if I did I would not have done that.
I mentioned I’ll make a captain if no one else submitted one. I’ll wait for a few more posts and post said character of mine.
If it’s between our two to choose being captain maybe we can make some drama for it. I was thinking of starting on karate island,
The pirate ship the crew would sail on is a stolen marine ship gained by Ayoh and <two or three other named characters>

I don't even want to be captain, I said I was taking a martial artist from Karate Island on this same thread. Again, you play what you want, not asking you to change your character, but if there's other options (currently only the GM) I'm definitely voting for them to take the captain slot instead.
I'm already in the middle of making changes I don't want to tread on anyone's shoes. The Gm's words were "I’ll have one of my characters be the captain unless someone wanted their creation to have said title." So in my eyes I thought that they weren't adamant on being captain but I see by making my character captain I have annoyed (Not the best word choice since I hope I haven't fully annoyed you but I couldn't think of a better word) you but I'm making changes like I've already said.

I mentioned I’ll make a captain if no one else submitted one. I’ll wait for a few more posts and post said character of mine.
If it’s between our two to choose being captain maybe we can make some drama for it. I was thinking of starting on karate island,
The pirate ship the crew would sail on is a stolen marine ship gained by Ayoh and <two or three other named characters>
No it's fine as I explained above I misinterpreted the meaning behind words and is already in the middle of making changes. Thank you for the option however.

T The Huntsmans Hunter
Again you're not really understanding my issue here. It's not that you're claiming the captain spot that bothers me. That doesn't bother me at all. It's that you either saw my idea and decided to take it or didn't even care to read the thread, either makes me iffy about the idea of you getting to be captain on principle. I don't want or need you to make changes at all, what's done is done and we live with it, but I'd vote for others to take the captain slot.

Like you're kinda making more work for me by editing, 'cause I'm left waiting to see if I should go back to my original idea or work on the different one which delays me getting my character done. We can work this into a dynamic, I'll be an outsider martial artist or somesuch.

T The Huntsmans Hunter
Again you're not really understanding my issue here. It's not that you're claiming the captain spot that bothers me. That doesn't bother me at all. It's that you either saw my idea and decided to take it or didn't even care to read the thread, either makes me iffy about the idea of you getting to be captain on principle. I don't want or need you to make changes at all, what's done is done and we live with it, but I'd vote for others to take the captain slot.
I both read the thread and your idea but I didn't take your idea. This was the character Idea I had in mind myself which the Haki part I have Pm'ed the GM about to ask about it before I read your post. I'm sorry for taking your character concept if it does bother you I can change, or even change only a little bit from martial arts to swordsmanship if you would prefer. Now I know you've already said that you don't want to me change my character but I'm more than happy to. Like I've said I don't want to tread on anyone's toes.

Like you're kinda making more work for me by editing, 'cause I'm left waiting to see if I should go back to my original idea or work on the different one which delays me getting my character done. We can work this into a dynamic, I'll be an outsider martial artist or somesuch.
Ah my bad, that works if your fine with it.

I can see why that bothers you, I will also point out that out of the five or six islands mentioned by name in the south blue karate island seems the most straightforward for making a character haha

I always viewed “karate island” as a massive school that takes up most of the land, no nobles or merchants in towns, just teachers and students in dojo’s...maybe some farmers.

Attracting people of all sorts to hone or learn their skill

I can see why that bothers you, I will also point out that out of the five or six islands mentioned by name in the south blue karate island seems the most straightforward for making a character haha

I always viewed “karate island” as a massive school that takes up most of the land, no nobles or merchants in towns, just teachers and students in dojo’s...maybe some farmers.

Attracting people of all sorts to hone or learn their skill
That's kind of how I view Karate Island, although less massive school and more several schools that each teach different martial arts.

I mean right now I can always click the cancel button and just go back to using my original character if its easier.

Yeah you do that, it's easier for everyone right? But I'm just saying, keep other players in mind man, read the thread to see if they're working on something and don't just jump in with a premade that takes their thing, it's just good etiquette. You have to understand, how can I endorse someone for an important position to the game if they can't do that much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back