• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Oh say can you see...

"I have to go," Wade lied, turning away again and looking back over his shoulder at Rodgers before stepping off the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched him go, unable to move. "Wade…" I said to myself, smirking at his name before climbing down the fire escape to the alleyway and going back out onto the street.

((Timeskip))

Wade sighed and resisted the urge to tap his foot while he waited in line. He hated lines with a passion, and played candy crush on his phone just to have something to do.

It was still strange not having to wear the mask all the time, and he was dressed completely normal at the moment - a red polo shirt with jeans and flip flops.

I entered the small cafe, mainly because had recommended it to me and I was hungry after my workout. I was still in my grey shirt (which was too tight, but Tony insisted I wear it) and black sweatpants. I got in line, pleased with the cozy coffee shop.

"Dammit!" Wade scowled at the little screen, attracting some looks at his outburst. What was with people and making impossible App Store games? He sighed, realizing it was his turn to order.

"Ah, yeah, I'd like a Caramel frappe, please," he asked, though knowing very well the caffeine would make him hyper.

I looked at the man ordering, thinking I had heard his voice somewhere before, but shrugged it off. I adjusted my gym bag and waited patiently.

Wade accepted his coffee, earning a glare from the woman at the counter as he deliberately stared at her cleavage, before turning around to find a table, picking one near the window.

As I saw the man turn around, I nearly dropped my bag. I quickly ordered a smoothie and once I got it, I walked over to where he was sitting. "Is this eat taken?" I asked, smiling slightly at him.

"Only about as taken as me..." Wade winked at him, hiding his shock at seeing him here. "Didn't think I'd see you again," he added, resting his chin on his hand while he sipped through his straw.

Wade popped the lid off of his drink and reached for the sugar packets.

"What, no Avengers stuff to tend to? I could definitely stir up some trouble if you lot are getting bored," he half joked, and finished pouring the fifth packet of sugar into his cup before putting the lid back on and staring at Steve, liking the tight grey shirt he had on today.

"Uh…no, I guess not. Everyone went their own way, kind of. I have no where to go, so I stayed," I said shrugging, blushing more as I noticed him staring at me.

"Nowhere to go? Are you kidding?" He asked, genuinely surprised. "But you...you're Captain America. You're like America's very own golden boy," he pointed out.

Wade nodded, a bit confused, but agreed anyway. "So, Steve, why New York? I mean, it's great if ya like hot dogs, but it's kind of...loud. Like me, only with more politics," he chuckled, setting his cup on the table.

"Helpful are you," he mused, giving Steve a smile. "You need to have more fun..."

"Hmm. I could show you things...lots of things if you know what I mean," Wade said, grinning at Steve pointedly.

"You blush a lot," Wade pointed out, solely for the purpose of making him blush even more than he had been. "So why don't you liked to be called Captain America? It's a pretty awesome name."

I coughed before speaking. "I'm not only Captain America. That's not who I am. I mean, it is who I am, but that's not the real me. You know what I mean?"

The brunette looked at Steve for a few minutes, before nodding. "Hm. Not exactly...but maybe that's just me." His leg bounced underneath the table as a result of the caffeine, and he leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms above his head.

"Why did you come over here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back