• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Noragami: Descending Darkness

really depends on how motivated I am tomorrow.

And when I eat...

How long does it take you to type two paragraphs?

I mean, I understand if you constantly have writers block, but otherwise it should only typically take 10 minutes at the least. I know for me it takes anywhere from 7-15, though people do differ...

If you mean how long the roleplay will be in terms of overall length, then most likely you won't have to post all the time depending on the way the story is rolling, and what characters are interacting.

I don't really know what I'm going on about right now, but I guess I'm just a bit confused, since I go to school and manage to juggle around 5 roleplays now.

BEX said:
I mean, I understand if you constantly have writers block, but otherwise it should only typically take 10 minutes at the least. I know for me it takes anywhere from 7-15, though people do differ...

If you mean how long the roleplay will be in terms of overall length, then most likely you won't have to post all the time depending on the way the story is rolling, and what characters are interacting.

I don't really know what I'm going on about right now, but I guess I'm just a bit confused, since I go to school and manage to juggle around 5 roleplays now.
Don't forget that some people just type slower and that for some english isn't their first language, so it takes longer to figure out how to say something.

Like I said, people do differ, however even if that's the case, it shouldn't take longer than an hour at most. I doubt anyone would even want to roleplay if it took them a long enough time to reply. There would be no point in joining in the first place.

I mean, I'm not intending any offense, if that's what this is coming off as, I'm just speaking subjectively now. I completely understand that some people have busy lives.

No.no.You weren't coming off as offensive. I was just pointing out some factors you hadn't mentioned.

It used to (and probably still will) take me several hours to make a single post because everyday life was constantly interfering. I'm sure my ADD wasn't helping either.

BEX said:

I would like to add to this discuss if you don't mind. I understand what you are saying, but everyone has their own and different writing styles.

I personally take time in my writing as I may write and re-write the same two sentence over and over. The reason for that is I might think of something else better to write, to help the follow of my writing, or change my word usage. Now with that being said it will generally take me about an half-hour to an hour to write two paragraphs, proof read, and make any corrections I find. I can write 15+ paragraphs per post. So I don't have an issue with the quantity. It is the quality that I focus on. Yes I can write a lot, but if it isn't well written and thrown together. It isn't very pleasant to read.

Now then I am a full time college student and I volunteer at a hospital. So my life can get very busy as I go from morning classes to volunteer work. And on those very busy days when I get home I am too tired to really write, and I don't feel like making myself write. The moment I force myself to write makes it start to feel more like a job then a hobby, past-time, or whatever you want to call it.

The reason I am said all that was just to help you get an better understanding of where everyone is coming from by using myself as an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm constantly working and Like Ian said. English isn't my first language. So it takes me some time to make sure everything is correct and stuff. I normally don't have the 10-20 minutes to reply to a post. Not to mention for me to even write a long detailed post there has to be something happening. Understand? I can't just write a 3 paragraph post about how the apple tasted if you can understand what I'm talking about. Or just for a simple reply to a statement or a question. Things have to be happening for me to really "Write"

So...I guess it depends on the flow of the posts. If the flow is high, so is the quality of my replies. However, if nothing much is going on, then likewise, my mind wont pump out all those detailed and creative juices into my fingers

HOWEVER, if you guys are willing to give me a shot at this? I'll be more than happy to try. I would love to increase the quality of my posts and the only way to really do that is to step up my game right?

I was only speaking subjectively, so there isn't anything I don't understand here.

If anything what I was meaning, was that it wouldn't be too hard to have people join.

Even considering the length of the roleplay, and how long the replies are, all in all, there would be plenty of time and leeway for replies, taking into consideration a busy person's life.

Also

I've been watching Blast of Tempest, and it's really good omg

lol. I was looking for an anime to watch since I just finished up the one I was watching. Then I remembered that I was planning on watching it sometime. I am happy I did. Didn't want to stop watching but since it was about 4am I decided enough was enough. I didn't want to screw up my sleeping schedule anymore.

This is exactly my situation right now ;-;

I'm too far gone

sigh

I'm also watching around 7 anime right now too

So is that ok? I would like to try and stay here but I just dont know if my posts are going to be of the highest quality and would love some help of course haha

Well I have a few anime as well but they are all simulcast. Examples would be the the second season to K project, Noragami, and Seraph of the End. But I do watch one to three completed anime while I wait for a new episode every week.

shadowz1995 said:
So is that ok? I would like to try and stay here but I just dont know if my posts are going to be of the highest quality and would love some help of course haha
The best way to improve your writing skills is practice, but rping with others who you would consider more skilled then yourself is a great way to improve as well. You can pick up on their writing styles and such. As well is a great way to help improve the "flow" of your post. Basically what I am trying to say is this. Yes you should stay, and by doing so I am sure you will improve.

That is how I have improved my writing skills and still am. :)

Yo

I just woke up around an hour ago, why am I such a deadbeat...

I also have a project that's a week late, but... The procrastination is too strong...

Once I have created my god, I will then start accepting characters.

Thank you @Ian Temero for keeping this active :)

Once I really get things going I may be needing some more help~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back