• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Noragami: Descending Darkness

aonly9470 said:
seal the shinki's past with the name... what do you mean?
A god's greatest secret ("Kami no Himegoto, 神の秘め事) is a shinki's real name from when they were human. When a god names a shinki, the name bestowed by the god seals the memories of the shinki's human life, including their real name. The god sees these memories upon naming the shinki and must keep them a secret. If a shinki learns their real name, the posthumous name given by the god is destroyed, and the shinki becomes instantly corrupted by the memories of their own untimely death. At this point, the shinki's soul is unsalvageable and the only thing that can be done is to kill it. Gods have a strong instinctive aversion to revealing any information regarding a god's greatest secret, however they are not entirely physically incapable of it
Noragami Wikia

(Pulled from Link)

Basically, when a shinki is named, their past is locked away. Should a shinki learn their past name, their posthmus name disappears and the shinki becomes corrupt. In locking away the shinkis past with the name, gods prevent this, and so long as they don't let anything slip, all is well.

Last edited by a moderator:
aonly9470 said:
seal the shinki's past with the name... what do you mean?
Their imprint also contains 'The God's Greatest Secret' in which details regarding their past life, including name and cause of death, are sealed.

(As quoted from the Noragami website.)

In short, just like in the anime, Yuki seems to recall his memories, and he became a monster (I forgot the name) and it needs to be contained or killed. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

DGLong said:
In short, just like in the anime, Yuki seems to recall his memories, and he became a monster (I forgot the name) and it needs to be contained or killed. (correct me if I'm wrong.)
Basically, I think. It's been a while since I watched Noragami, but I think that's what happened. It's either that, or he gave in to temptation so many times...

Just for general information, it also states that;

"If shinki become aware of even the existence of the secret, their curiosity about their pasts becomes all-consuming until they degenerate. "

Noras are the only ones essentially immune to this, and the only way it effects them is if invoked or used by their first ever master. (Not quoted, but it's basically stated in there)

I just pasted Life' into mine. I think each god will have their different chant, but the core is the same.

I don't think it shouldn't matter what you chant, so long as the regalia name, revert name, and human names are all included. I don't know if it's the chant or the power, it doesn't really state anywhere I see on the wikia, but maybe if you keep the chant and just add your god's personal touch to it? That way, if it is actually the chant, your not changing it too much?

Don't quote me on that, as it's still more a question for life and her co-gms.

LifeNovel said:
Mmmmm I don't believe they ever see their Regalia's memories but they could probably infer on how their lives were when they unknowingly act around something. @aonly9470
@Ian Temero

Perhaps you can give us some insight?
Well, I would have given my insight, but it looks like it is mostly done for me.

Yes, a god sees the memory's of his shinki's life.

In regards to the "sealing of memories" I kind of just assumed that spirits couldn't remember their past, whether they were named by a god or not. So for this roleplay I have been assuming (once again, for this roleplay only) that there are a few spirits that remember pieces of their pasts.

mari, just to help I'd say that being a goddess of a different race wouldn't work here, your paragraphs are so small they're almost one large sentence and you forgot the secret code that must be in every profile. (look in rules)

LifeNovel said:
In the world of Noragami, the gods are created from wishes of people and are gods of Japan. This is because Japan does not have a monotheistic, dominant religion. A goddess of imagination is a title that does not seem like a wish...but something like perhaps goddess of creativity or inspiration.
Well- yeah, I guess I did kinda tried to make her the goddess of Creativity. Filipinos back then.. Didn't have much of a religion, they weren't Christians yet.

aonly9470 said:
mari, just to help I'd say that being a goddess of a different race wouldn't work here, your paragraphs are so small they're almost one large sentence and you forgot the secret code that must be in every profile. (look in rules)
Sorry, I didn't see that.. I'm rejected, right? Cuz I don't understand.

just change her to a japanese god and you've got that out of the way. and no you aren't rejected, your profile is in limbo until you complete it or give up on it

aonly9470 said:
just change her to a japanese god and you've got that out of the way. and no you aren't rejected, your profile is in limbo until you complete it or give up on it
Sure. She'll just have a history of living in the PH

But then, if I were to be honest, I always get left behind in RPs. So I still feel lonely and depressed when I rp.

Wait. Does she have to be Japanese? If the Japanese gods are born because people believe in them, who's to say the gods of other cultures aren't as well. In the manga it is reveled that Bishamon was the goddess of one of the religions that Shinto integrated into itself. So she was not originally one of the Japanese gods.

And yes, @MariLin you are missing something. Go to the Overview tab and read the rules very carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back