• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Noragami: Descending Darkness

[QUOTE="Ian Temero]
As for the name, we should discus that. Did you have something specific in mind?

[/QUOTE]
Nope:)

Kokoro suits Kokoro just fine. If Nagi knew that Kokoro had already named herself, he would let Kokoro keep her name cause it's something she chose herself and he'd respect that. It's just he doesn't know...so he's likely to rename her something random unless he catches wind of her name.

I'm fine with whatever name you like. It's your character after all.

Edit: Names he'll probably come up with if you've got no preference: Yoru (cause he found her at night), Midori(her eyes are green), Hime(just cause), and so on. Adding suffixes would make something like Yoruhi, Midoriko, Himeko or whatever I feel sounds nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tenebrous You make me think something to react to that. Hahaha

Well I'm a bit busy with end year project, so maybe I'll post something tomorrow or something....

QuirkyAngel said:
Nope:)
Kokoro suits Kokoro just fine. If Nagi knew that Kokoro had already named herself, he would let Kokoro keep her name cause it's something she chose herself and he'd respect that. It's just he doesn't know...so he's likely to rename her something random unless he catches wind of her name.
Her name is going to be spoken several times during the upcoming incident. If he ends up naming her something else, she will refuse to go by it and insist that he calls her Kokoro. Which could be advantageous since knowing a Shinki's name gives you power over them. If the name she tells people is not the name a god gave her, it can't be used against her.

QuirkyAngel said:
Edit: Names he'll probably come up with if you've got no preference: Yoru (cause he found her at night), Midori(her eyes are green), Hime(just cause), and so on. Adding suffixes would make something like Yoruhi, Midoriko, Himeko or whatever I feel sounds nice.
A while back I did some research on how the regalia naming system worked and talked about back on page fifteen or so.

I used this site (Look at the "reading" tab and use google translate or something)

So these are the names I like in order...

(1) Kokoro

Her true name would still remain Kokoro (心 heart, spirit)

(心 heart, spirit) can also be pronounced Shin, which becomes her vessel name

Add ki (器 device) to Shin (心 heart, spirit) and her Shinki name becomes... Shinki (心器) (not to be confused with Shinki (神器 God device))

(2) Midori

Her true name would become Midori (緑 green, verdure)

(緑 green, verdure) can also be pronounced Ryoku, which becomes her vessel name

Add ki (器 device) to Ryoku (緑 green, verdure) and her Shinki name becomes Ryoki (緑器)

(3) Yoru

Her true name would become Yoru (夜 night, evening)

(夜 night, evening) can also be pronounced Ya, which becomes her vessel name

Add ki (器 device) to Ya (夜 night, evening) and her Shinki name becomes Yaki (夜器)

(4) Hime

Her true name would become Hime (姫 princess, young lady)

(姫 princess, young lady) can also be pronounced Ki, which becomes her vessel name

Add ki (器 device) to Ki (姫 princess, young lady) and her Shinki name becomes Kiki (姫器)

I'll let you choose the clan name/ suffix.

[QUOTE="Ian Temero] If he ends up naming her something else, she will refuse to go by it and insist that he calls her Kokoro. Which could be advantageous since knowing a Shinki's name gives you power over them. If the name she tells people is not the name a god gave her, it can't be used against her.

[/QUOTE]
This makes me very tempted to give her another name.

But at the same time, Nagi is all about freedom of choice and he wouldn't change a spirit's self-chosen name just because it might help her in battle. He'll probably keep her name Kokoro.

Wow, I haven't gotten an alert for this in ages.

Dang it rpnation! I was wondering why nothing was happening. It figures.

I generally read all posts, but I'll admit to occasionally skimming when a post looks super long and has nothing to do with my character (':3)

@RinDaVamp

Is it okay if I have your character near the building of Nikolai's apartment? (More on the rooftop really.) And I would actually like to have Yaekos on my team, if that is alright with you. I have an idea for her with my goddess.

LifeNovel said:
@RinDaVamp
Is it okay if I have your character near the building of Nikolai's apartment? (More on the rooftop really.) And I would actually like to have Yaekos on my team, if that is alright with you. I have an idea for her with my goddess.
That's fine by me. ^-^

RinDaVamp said:
That's fine by me. ^-^
Cool! I'll have her up in the next post for sure! I realized I needed an excuse to go outside though, which now Cross needs to respond to :P

Okey dokey so now for the naming! I'll send ya a PM

OMG.

Zandami did not just do the hair ruffle thing to Nikolai. The alliance we just made is over LifeNovel. -__-

Happy 2016 to those already in the new year! Hope your having fun!

Ill be joining you in about two hours.

@Ian Temero

Got it. Gives Kokoro bravery points:)

@DGLong

Nagi isn't coming. He tends to avoid angry combat gods, especially considering what happened to his last four regalias. Though he did point the direction to Shorn and Rin, cautioning them against going there. Whether they decide to heed his advice or not is up to them =P

@Cross_Rhodes

rofl. Hero signal! xD

I finally replied eheeheh...... ^^;

I had my friend over for a week so I was a bit distracted, but I hope the post is satisfactory..

BEX said:
I finally replied eheeheh...... ^^;
I had my friend over for a week so I was a bit distracted, but I hope the post is satisfactory..
Something just popped into my mind as I read your post. ^_^

I totally love this bat signal thing.

Good touch @Cross_Rhodes

I formally apologize for how nerdy that post was.

Batman's not even his favorite superhero. The god of invention is obviously a huge Tony Stark fan.

Sorry Stark. Maybe next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back