• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy No Mortals - An over-the-top, sci-fi/fantasy RP

I wasn't doing any energy consumption or damage, seeing as they aren't trying to hurt each other. The sparring was mostly to work out the kinks in the dice system.

@TheGodSnake Same question. I'd be fine with a one on one but if you want to fight too, I'll be happy to hold.

@Seraph Darkfire If Nova shot a 3, 2, 1, and Azara dodged a 2, 1, 2, then he only dodged one bullet? I mean, it doesn't matter much because no damage, but I figured we should work out disputes like this now instead of when it really matters.

Okay i'm done reading haha, so the biggest question is about guarding? I had it in mind that you wouldn't roll for damage, and you'd automatically resist half of the damage when guarding, but you would roll for strength vs defence when trying to block the attack entirely

We were talking about trying to block entirely. We're not dealing damage or using energy in sparring, so I think we're good.

Man, with all of this dice rolling, now I want to do a DnD campaign.

@Rurnur I think we have it figured out, though for later reference, I want to know how the rolling for endurance works. Do we roll every post after our attack or what?

I was thinking we roll strength in case the opponent chooses to block. We could also use the strength roll to determine damage of an attack.

Endurance just passively heals you, I think.

I was going to have it regenerate automatically, 10 points for each stat in endurance, I think rolling would make it even less sought out than it already is, haha @Seraph Fighter

@Noivian Maybe you could choose how much strength to use? So if you have 3 strength, you could lower it to 2 or 1 if you want to conserve your energy. Because with Nova's 3 attacks, she would have already used up over half her energy, if you were in a real fight

@Noivian You don't roll for strength~ It's a set amount of damage on a successful hit. Each attack consumes 10 points of soul energy per strength point, so I would stick to 1 strength if I were you... I know it's just a simulation, so you're not losing soul energy, but in a real fight you're pretty much screwed if you run out of energy.

Oh okay, so since you are able to make multiple attacks you can change the amount of strength is used in the attacks. I guess that should really apply to everyone, though. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused on the whole energy thing. How do you calculate how much energy is used per attack? I thought there would be less energy used by ranged weapons?

Splat said:
Oh okay, so since you are able to make multiple attacks you can change the amount of strength is used in the attacks. I guess that should really apply to everyone, though. xD
It does, you just have to have your character attack multiple times.

Oh, okay. I had just read that certain types of attacking meant more or less energy consumption. Are we going to add that in later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back