• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy No Mortals - An over-the-top, sci-fi/fantasy RP

Noivian said:
@TheGodSnake I think you would actually roll your defense for a block. It would go against my strength.
I was thinking along the lines of a ranged block circle of water.

And I was only planning on blocking one of them, since it was only a small difference in totals

Yeah, I'll have to roll for the strength of the attacks.

Should we make it part of the mechanics that every attack has both an accuracy and strength roll?

@TheGodSnake Whether or not your block was successful depends on if my attack was stronger than your block or not. If my rolls are higher, then the shots break through. If we tie, it goes to the higher stat.... which would also be me.

@Rurnur Should the shots go through or no?

Sorry about that! I'm gonna see a movie super late at night so I figured I should sleep a little more haha

And regarding viruses, I did have the intention of making certain powers more about "damage over time" abilities like Virus, Gas, Chemical, but I wasn't sure how to implement them with the current damage system. About how Immortal's bodies can't be damaged, it would be more like "infecting the soul" to either drain energy out of it over time or slowly deteriorate the soul itself, like a disease. And it'd work by creating those spiky ball things that viruses are often shown as. It will take a bit more discussion between all of us, but I think Virus should be possible

Defense works as a blocking mechanism, too. If you attempt to block, but you roll your defense lower than the strength of the person attacking, they break through your block.

@FlaxFlame It's okay, we're still working out the bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, does that mean I can use Azara's many types of plants that can create poisons in a similar fashion?

Also, if it helps, I did roll enough that allowed Azara to dodge two of the three attacks.

Noivian said:
Yeah, I'll have to roll for the strength of the attacks.
Should we make it part of the mechanics that every attack has both an accuracy and strength roll?

@TheGodSnake Whether or not your block was successful depends on if my attack was stronger than your block or not. If my rolls are higher, then the shots break through. If we tie, it goes to the higher stat.... which would also be me.

@Rurnur Should the shots go through or no?
My logic was that since he sent that projectile of water to intercept a shot of fire. In that situation it became accuracy V. Accuracy.

@Rurnur, I hope you're typing bc we need serious help

@FlaxFlame Basically, when you attack, you roll for accuracy, if you hit, you roll strength to see how much damage you do, or if you break through a guard if they are doing so. Agility for dodging and endurance for energy regeneration maybe?

@TheGodSnake Because the projectile was a block, it'd also roll off the defense. If you don't have a high enough defense, it doesn't really matter how accurate you are, because the other shots will break through the block. Think like a bullet shooting through a ceramic plate that had been thrown in the air. The bullet's going to go right through and keep moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noivian said:
@TheGodSnake Because the projectile was a block, it'd also roll off the defense. If you don't have a high enough defense, it doesn't really matter how accurate you are, because the other shots will break through the block.
Fair enough

@Seraph Darkfire okay, I got that, but what if I'm trying to propel someone else's attacks? Like, Nova's shooting fireballs and Talon wants to deflect them. What does it count as if Xena's trying to get the fire back on track?

Yeah, I think it would just be accuracy, unless you want to speed up the shots as well, and then you'd roll for strength to add to what I already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back