• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nightfall

[QUOTE="Jesters Court]Everest sighed when he heard the shot and said out loud,

"G'Damnit... that bitch really likes to make loads of work for others, doesn't she..."

Turning his wrist Everest tapped a few times and brought up a live feed of the cameras around town, closing in on the neighborhood they had been in. Searching for bodies, Everest was surprised when he saw the girl... and a group of guys... and one of them had a gun... pointed at her...

Assessing the situation he determined this,

there were five men in total, the one in front of the girl, one slightly in an alleyway to her left, and three more forming a slight semi-circle behind her, cutting off her escape.

Sighing he used his watch to check the locations of all his jesters currently in the area. thankfully there was one only about 30 seconds away.

hooking his Bluetooth over his ear, Everest called the selected unit and gave his orders.

"Ianus sh'aa, nu'a ru'sx ru'a nasa't nu'sh, sha'a xuia ghuftft rung a gu'ft uiastuga ur an aftftaxghax tia''uiangag ftx ru'a nan. una ur shuta nan ut a'nag ghush ghhas allaa't su fta a nuna nuftftunasa' lutsuft. ha ut tsangung all'ugnunasaftx ta'an tathungt un r'uns ur ha'. sha tathung nan ut tsangung aftuias ru'a tathungt su sha ftars ur ha'. sha shu'g nan ut tsangung ru'sx ru'a gag'aat nu'sh aats ur sha gu'ft ang aftuias sghu tathungt uias. sha ruia'sh nan ut gu'athsftx ftahung ha' aftuias aughs tathungt uias. ang sha runaft nan ut aftuias sghansx gag'aat tuiashghats ur sha gu'ft, aftuias san tathungt uias. xuia a'a thia''ansftx un an aftftaxghax gu'athsftx tuiash ur shut g'uial. shatsa' una ut su iata sha g'ansag tnula' 'urfta su ru'ts aftununasa nan una r'un sha 'uur ath'utt sha ts'aas. at shut uththia't, shatsa't sghu, sh'aa, ang ru'a a'a su iata tuftantha ghaalunt ang aftununasa sa'gast sh'aa, ruia', ang ru'a. shatsa't ruia' ftaru'a thunnanthung sha ula'asuun, xuia thaftft nu'a ath'utt sha ts'aas unsu sha aftftaxghax ftahung sha nan. as sha ula'asuun tsa's xuia a'a su aftununasa sa'gas sghu. a'a shata u'ga't ianga'tsuug?"

Hearing a series of clicking noises in response, he switched his watch to the cameras on the Jester's masks and waited for them to move into position. Once they had, Everest was about to give the order to begin the operation, when the girl punched the men in front of her, knocking him out. Radioing in, Everest said to the jesters,

"shas guat nus thhanga sha lftant, shatsa' una, saka hun uias anxghax. 'ananfta', gun's ftaa'a anx ur shan aftu'a. nugh un nx na'k, ftagun sha ula'asuun. ru'a. ruia'. sh'aa. sghu. una... na'k"

On the final word, the first jester, who Everest had moved to the roof of the building across the street aimed at the unconscious man's head and pulled the trigger on the sniper rifle it had been holding. Meanwhile, three Jesters moved out of an alley way across the street and raised silenced submachine guns,aimed for the head, and all pulling the trigger simultaneously. as they did so, the fifth and final member of the jester squad stepped out of the shadows behind the man in the alleyway and slit his throat. As the knife touched the mans throat, the bullets from the other jesters guns passed trough the other four mens' brains, killing them instantly. The entire operation took less than a second and ended as a 100% success. closing the video feed he contacted the Jesters again and said,

"nuttuun tiaththatt. nugh thftaa' uias ur sha'a ang 'asia'n su huftgung lassa'n ruia' ru'a aughs... guug ghu'k ftuxt."

Lowering his wrist, Everest smiled and said to himself,

"Damn... that bitch's habit of accumulating paperwork must be rubbing off on me..."

With a spring in his step he walked to the contractors office, and unlocked the door. Inside where rows of musical instruments and records... after all, the shops front was that of a music store. picking up a nearby Gibson Everest played the opening rift to thunderstruck and grinned. He wondered if tonight was going to get any more interesting.

(I told you it was a language only Everest knew...)

@Jesters Court /Everest

(I like it :3)

[/QUOTE]

Ryan looked up as Cathrin passed through the shop floor. "Evening." He said, his signature friendly smile playing across his face. He didn't notice the wound on her shoulder. As she went into her office, Ryan called out, "any work for me yet? And who are these guys?" He nodded backwards towards the group of smugglers.

@Jinx / Cathrin

Noah said:
Noah Hemlock - Bar place

"One beer and a sandwich please." Noah said before looking up to the waitress. His eyebrows raised slightly to notice that she was the pregnant woman for earlier in the mall. It was considerably odd to see a woman with child working in a pub. Somewhere close to where alcohol can harm the baby. He noticed that she seemed to be in a little bit of pain. "Are you alright?" Noah inquired.
After noting his order. "Sure, it'll be out to you in a couple of minutes, we're a little short-handed on Night Workers right now." She replied. Thanks to her back, yes, she was in pain, but it wasn't anything that'll impair her work. "I'm fine, thanks." She responded when he asked if she was okay. Momentarily, Carla went back to the Kitchen to grab the Old Man a Beer before she started cooking.

Cat looked at Ryan before she answered the person on her phone. "No nothing yet, and those are some of my cousins firends as some would say, Mark, Tom, and Robert." She said poiting to the three, she took her hand off her shoulder her hand covered in blood. "Oh but while your here, Ryan right, any way could you get me a towel from over there." She said pointing to a shelve.

@Syfyre /Ryan

"Oh, okay. How's it going guys?" Ryan asked as he stood up and moved from the table. His eyes grew wide at the blood. "Damn, what happened?" He asked Cat while rushing to get a towel. He handed it to her with a bottle of water from his backpack.

"That looks pretty nasty, you might want to clean it too." Ryan said, looking at her shoulder for a moment. He knew better than to hover over his boss. "Let me know if you need anything else." He moved back to his chair and went back to work, soldering the circuit board.

@Jinx / Cathrin

Noctis followed Ryan to his workplace and waited to go in.

After a while he went in and walked to the counter to see a bleeding woman and Ryan and group of people he didn't care about. Is that that Cat? Why is she bleeding? Actually I don't wanna know. "Hey Cat. Hey Ryan." He waited a few seconds for Ryan to finish what he was doing. "Hey Ryan? Is it possible in any way that you check on my guns? They've been locking up on me and I can't seem to figure out why." He pulled his guns Calamity and Ultra. "The guns haven't been fixed in a while so that might add to the cause."

Ryan looked up as the man from earlier pushed through the door. "Yeah, no problem. If it's just cleaning it'll be fine." He said and took the guns from the man's hand. "By the way, I didn't catch your name."

Ryan took the first gun apart and frowned a bit. "Your action's bent on this one. Shouldn't be too hard to fix. Past that it's just a little dirty." He grabbed some pliers and worked on bending the piece back. Once he finished and cleaned Calamity he handed it back to Noctis.

Ryan took Ultra apart. "This one's just dirty. You've got... something lodged in the magazine feed. Hold on." He used pliers and pulled out a small piece of glass. He looked at Noctis questioningly before going back to cleaning and oiling the chamber. "I think that should do it." Ryan handed Ultra back to Noctis. "Those are beautiful. You should keep 'em a little cleaner though. And since you didn't need new parts I won't charge you." He leaned in a bit. "Just don't tell Cat. She might get a little annoyed." He whispered.

@TheSaiyanKami / Noctis

"...You want to help.... the jesters...."

Bursting out laughing, Everest leaned back so far he fell over and rolled around on the floor laughing... After about ten minutes he collected himself and picked himself off the floor, before saying to mai,

"You know how my jesters operate... they don't exactly ...."play well with others"... but what i can do, if you would like, is you can begin your own investigation and i could have two units provide support for you... then i think i would just send out a few more squads to conduct my own investigation... That sound reasonable?"

while waiting for her response, Everest pointed to an amp behind her and the electric violin on top and said,

"Plug in that violin and pass me it while your over there would you please?

@ScarletHood /Mei Xun

Mei Xun

690bc09a09fd7e38a9cb1baaf1440a8b.jpg

"I'm not saying I wanna shoot you, I just wanna kill you that's all"

Mei felt a bit peeved at Everest's reaction to her question. Her knew better than to underestimate her, but she stopped herself from letting that little feeling blossom into violence. Instead pointed to her eyes and said, "I can't exactly see anything if you didn't notice..."

@Jesters Court/ Everest

Noctis watched as Ryan cleaned his guns. "My name's Noctis." He watched as Ryan cleaned and fixed Calamity. Then Ultra. Ryan found a piece of glass and Noctis smiled. "To be perfectly honest. I break into abandoned buildings. How it got in... I have no clue." He waited for Ryan to finish and took his guns back. This guy seems alright. "So Ryan. Wanna see my prized possession? It was given to me by my father."
images

Cat sighed as she put the towel on her shoulder. "Dame." She hissed, putting pressure on the gun wound, she sees a guy walk in and hand Ryan his guns and he cleaned them and fixed them, she nodded to the guy before reaching for her desk and bent down opening something, when she stood back up she set a pair of surgical pliers on her desk. "Hey Ryan? Do we by any chance have a bittle of whiskey here?" She asked before she reached into her pocket to grab her two pistols and put them on her desk, and then turned around and swung her sword over her shoulder with her good arm and leaned it against the wall.

"Oh.... right.... no matter how long I have known you, I always forget your blind... You handle yourself to goddamn well...Anyway though... so where you planning on starting your investigation? I'm obviously not much use in a fight, but I can provide logistical support."

Opening a drawer on the counter he pulled out a Bluetooth head piece, and walked around the counter where he hooked it over Mai's ear.

walking back to his computer, Everest sat down and said with his voice echoing both from his mouth and Mai's headset,

"Ok, we're all set, ready to start whenever you are Mai."

@ScarletHood /Mai Xun

Mei Xun

Mei swung the gun scythe out dragging it behind her, "First stop will be Alad's Mechanics shop, just to ask some questions" She walked out passing by her brother, Zheng who at the moment was leaning on the walls. "Zheng best for you not to be involved in this one!" she said to him walking to her intended destination.

Her feet stopped in front of the doors of the shop. She knocked on the door.

@Jesters Court/ Everest

"Nice to meet ya Noctis. For the second time." Ryan said after wiping the oil and grime off his hands. "Well if that's your thing..." He was still a little surprised at how easily everyone talked about their crimes here.

"Wow. That looks... well, fancy. I don't actually know much about knives. Can I see it?" Ryan was about to take the knife from Noctis when Cat came in. "Uh, not that I know of. Trying to kill the pain or clean it out?" He scanned the room but didn't see any bottles that weren't empty.

"I could run out and-" A knock at the door cut him off. So much for a slow night, he thought to himself. "I'll get it. Do you want me to run out and find some or should I dig through the back?" He asked as he got to the door.

Ryan's eyes lit up at the sight of Mei. "I wasn't expecting you to drop in so soon. come on in." He stepped out of the way and held the door open while grinning back at Cat. "We've got quite the crowd tonight."

@ScarletHood @TheSaiyanKami @Jinx

Cat shook her head. "Both." She said holding her shoulder. "Nah it's fine, I can deal with it." She told Ryan, when he asked if her should go out and get a bottle or look through the back. When she heard a knock on the door she took a step forward but stoped when Ryan said he'd get it, she simply nodded. She went into her office and looked around for a minute till she found a bottle behind a book shelf and she sighed with relief. As she picked it up and then walked back out and leaned on a wall popping the cork off and taking a swig.

Noctis looked at Ryan and chuckled. "You can see it as long as you don't stab me with it." He flipped the dagger and grabbed it by the blade before handing it to Ryan.

Mei Xun

Mei stepped into the shop, her gun scythe hangin form her hands, "I need you to fix up the dent in the blade..." She swung it lightly facing side ways to Ryan. Along the long silver blade a large dent could be visibly seen, "Been a bit careless as you can see"

@Syfyre/ Ryan.

"I wouldn't anyways. Knives aren't my thing." Ryan said with a chuckle as he looked back at Noctis. "But show me in a second, it looks like I have a customer." He turned back to Mei. "Let me take a look then." He grabbed the scythe and slowly lifted it out of her hands. It's heavier than I expected. Even at a glance he could tell the blade was warped slightly. He raised his eyebrow quizzically. "How'd you manage this? Actually," He reconsidered, "It's none of my business."

Sunshine stood up from his spot under Ryan's desk and ambled over to the two. The ball of fur meowed a greeting and rubbed against Mei's legs. Ryan looked down and smiled. "It'll take me a good minute to buff this out, so maybe Sunshine can keep you company until I'm done." He was excited to work on the scythe, especially to see how the mechanism worked. And was that a gun barrel built into the handle? This is so cool, even if she's with the Count. He didn't want to know what she used it for, though he could hazard a guess. "The blade might be a little thin at the stress point though, unless you want me to completely replace the blade. That would take a lot longer since we'd have to run to the smith to get the piece custom made. That is, unless you've got a spare laying around somewhere."

As he spoke, Ryan cleared off his workbench and stowed the unfinished device in his backpack. He laid the weapon gingerly on the table and studied the blade's anchor point. "Well, the body isn't bent, so that's a plus."

@ScarletHood @TheSaiyanKami

Last edited by a moderator:
Noah Hemlock - At a bar

Noah nodded to her as the waitress walked away. It seemed rather disappointing that an establishment would be short handed. Moreover, one of the few devoted workers is pregnant. Noah sighed as he waited for his food. He looked around the bar to many drunk people. Perfect. Unsuspecting individuals that could contribute to Noah's "works." The old man got up and walked over to a drunk man sitting down. Since the man was drunk, it was easy to convince him that the hallucination potion was in fact a sweetener to beer. Noah poured some into the man's beer with a fake smile before walking away. Since it was ingested rather than injected into the blood stream, the potion would take some time to take affect. Noah went back to his seat away from the victim and waited for his food

Sylar closes up the shop, seeing that no one else will likely come. Another long day of baking. *sigh* "I don't make enough. Barely over a couple hundred this week... How will I buy more supplies if I can barely afford to run this place," he thinks aloud. One of the voices in his head tells him to shut up. "You're right, it's night now. Time to go have some fun..."

Sylar takes off his daytime attire and switches into night mode, wearing his exoskeleton beneath his new outfit. Then, quietly, he pulls out his Shanking Claws and attaches all six hidden blades and the dagger to the frame of the exoskeleton. Silently creeping out the door, he pulls down the shutter and activates his cool infrared monocle thing. Climbing the building, jumping from various windows, he perches on the roof In a cat-like posture, scanning the streets. Immediately, he sees a heat signature in a sketchy alleyway. Springing from rooftop to rooftop, he lands on the building above the person. "Miserable thug... Look at him. Hey, wait a minute. I saw that!"

Sylar turns off his monocle, hopping down onto ledges above the thug until he is about ten feet off the ground. "won't be needing these..." Sylar retracts his shanking claws and extends the hidden blades on his wrists, pulling out Reconcile, his machete. He bounces down from the overhang, landing just in front of the man and rolling towards him, then quickly getting up. "Mind the gap on your way to hell!" Sylar says happily, pouncing on the man with his machete. The dead guy falls limply to the floor."Let's see... Ah. Here." Sylar reaches into the man's pocket and pulls out a pouch of money and a plastic bag full of mysterious white powder. "Ooh, sugar! I bet this'll taste real good in the cupcakes." Unfortunately, the bag has a hole in it and the "sugar" falls out. "This guy's got nothin else on him. I'd better scram." Sylar hops back up onto the roof and prowls the rooftops, looking down upon the people below.

Mei Xun

Mei shrugged, "I would like to get it done quickly as possible...I have job that needs my blade to tend to" She gave a sardonic smile, the memories of fallen heroes screaming as she gave the final shot. It was good feeling to her, maybe not quite so normal but a good feeling.

The grin faded from her face as a memory flashed before her but she shook the coming frown off and stared off, not focusing on anything. The sound of people moving enveloping her mind.

@Syfyre/ Ryan.

"Alright, I'll get to work then. Let me see if I can bend it back before grinding it down."

Ryan grabbed a ball peen hammer off the wall and tapped the blade a few times, each hit growing progressively stronger. The moving mount concerned him, but seeing that it didn't budge with the strike of the hammer, he began putting even more force into it. "I still haven't got a clue how you did this. This thing is crafted pretty well. Who made it?" The dent slowly deformed and the blade straightened as he worked, getting absorbed in the rhythmic sound of metal ringing on metal. Every minute or two Ryan lifted the blade to eye level to make sure it was straight.

"Shit," The young man cursed and looked at his thumb. It was already bruised from the hammer missing its mark and hitting himself. He wiped a bit of sweat from his brow. It's so hot in here, too many people. "Okay, it's straight, mostly. Anything more and we might need to see the smith." It struck him that he was helping someone who was, by all accounts, a villain. He frowned momentarily but shook his head. No point in worrying about it now. Unless she knows about me.

"I could buff it a bit if you want, but it won't be as sharp without a grinding stone. And, to my knowledge," Ryan glanced at Cat and noted her wound again, "we don't have one of those. And Cat, you're alright, right?" He forced a quick smile to cover his concern, "Not going to die on us?"

@ScarletHood @Jinx (Sorry @TheSaiyanKami , not sure what to respond to Noctis right now O.o )

"FUCK!!!"

Cursing (obviously), Everest leapt out of his chair and dashed into the back room. He needed more monitors.

Slamming the door behind him, he jumped into a large office chair and turned on numerous monitors. Pulling on a large headpiece (like what you would find at a call center) he brought up numerous views of the city and said to Mei,

"Hey Mei, we may have a slight problem."

Pulling up a view from a street camera Everest watched three large heavily armored vehicles pull to a stop in front of Alad's. Written on the side of each one was "SWAT". Cursing again Everest set markers for each of the jesters in the area. Everest doubted the count would be happy if he let Mei die.

“So um, Mei… when was the last time you did a job?”

“aftft ianust, a'a su 'athau'a ang 'atlung un sha angftuth ftangiaaga iansuft ria'sha' nusutha”

(All units, are to receive and respond in the english language until further notice.)

It would just be easier on Everest if Mei actually could understand what was going on currently.

“Ya um… now don’t freak out Mei, but uh…. I think someone may have recognized you… or one of the other idiots in that shop…. And uh…. May have contacted the police…. Now that’s just a guess… but you have um… lets see… three swat teams, each consisting of eight people apiece surrounding the building… judging from the police chatter, I would say you have about ten minutes, or until someone tries to leave before they go in guns blazing… give me about thirty seconds to move my jesters into positions, then await for my commands. Do so and we can get you out of this without a scratch… don’t follow my plan, and I can’t guarantee your safety…”

Switching rapidly between cameras, Everest located where all the swat members were. Four outside the front door, two on either side, two deep. Eight outside the back door, four in the same formation as the front, and two more on either side of them, backs pressed to the wall. On the roof there were another eight, same formation as the other doors for roof access, however the other four were in a semi-circle behind them. And the final four appeared to be the men in charge, they were still in one of the swat vans looking at papers and laptops and what not…

Grinning, Everest formed a plan in his mind. Pulling up schematics for the sewer system, he confirmed the location of the pipeline he wanted. First, he would instruct Mei to find out if the shop had explosives, if they did, he would instruct her to place them in a 3 for radial circle, in the north west corner of the room, after that he would have her instruct everybody inside the shop to take cover and get out of view of the front door, then he would move unit 1 to the roof of the building next door, and have them fire down on to swat in the alley besides the back door, eliminating them. The gunshots would cause the remaining swat to enter the building. As the swat from the roof moved inside, Mei would detonate the explosives, causing the stairwell to collapse, eliminating the threats on the roof. The guards who had just entered the building would instinctively turn towards the explosion. During this time, Everest would have unit 2 blow the pipeline which ran right under that section of the building, collapsing it and removing the threats outside. At this point, unit 3 would move in and eliminate the threats inside the swat van. This would eliminate all threats, and pulling up mapping program, he plotted out the quickest escape route. Using the hole created by the blown up sewer line, he could guide the shop occupants to a safe house he had two blocks away. They would be able to reach it before police reinforcements arrived.

If the shop did not have explosives, then things would get far more complicated… First he would move unit 1 to the same roof as before, however he would move unit 4 to the roof on the opposite side from unit 1. He would keep unit 2 down in the pipeline, but would have unit 3 move to the alley way across the street from the shop. He would then have unit 5 slowly approach in a vehicle. As soon as he ordered unit 1 to begin firing, he would have unit 3 eliminate the commanders, then unit 5 would gun it and use the car as a barrier, giving unit 3 cover, to begin firing on the swat out in front of the shop. Unit 4 would then fire on the swat on the roof, starting a secondary firefight. Unit two would blow the pipeline, and in the confusion, the shop occupants would escape using the same route as plan A.

Plan A had far fewer risks and would go much smoother that plan B with the cost of some minor structural damage.

All of these thoughts went through Everest’s mind in less than a second, and in the next ten seconds he came up with plans C – ZZZ, just in case. Then activating his mike he asked Mei,

“So Mei… Does that shop have any explosives?”

@ScarletHood @Syfyre @TheSaiyanKami

@Jinx too...

Syfyre said:
"Alright, I'll get to work then. Let me see if I can bend it back before grinding it down."
Ryan grabbed a ball peen hammer off the wall and tapped the blade a few times, each hit growing progressively stronger. The moving mount concerned him, but seeing that it didn't budge with the strike of the hammer, he began putting even more force into it. "I still haven't got a clue how you did this. This thing is crafted pretty well. Who made it?" The dent slowly deformed and the blade straightened as he worked, getting absorbed in the rhythmic sound of metal ringing on metal. Every minute or two Ryan lifted the blade to eye level to make sure it was straight.

"Shit," The young man cursed and looked at his thumb. It was already bruised from the hammer missing its mark and hitting himself. He wiped a bit of sweat from his brow. It's so hot in here, too many people. "Okay, it's straight, mostly. Anything more and we might need to see the smith." It struck him that he was helping someone who was, by all accounts, a villain. He frowned momentarily but shook his head. No point in worrying about it now. Unless she knows about me.

"I could buff it a bit if you want, but it won't be as sharp without a grinding stone. And, to my knowledge," Ryan glanced at Cat and noted her wound again, "we don't have one of those. And Cat, you're alright, right?" He forced a quick smile to cover his concern, "Not going to die on us?"

@ScarletHood @Jinx (Sorry @TheSaiyanKami , not sure what to respond to Noctis right now O.o )
Cat looked at Ryan. "I'm fine, and don't worry about it, I've been shoot plenty of time before, to be its just a bee sting." She said smileing slightly, even though she knew it would be a pain in the ass to get the bullet out and hurt like hell. She took another sip of whisky before she took the towel off the wound it bleeding slightly and about half the small towel was soaked in blood, she sighed before she pored some of the whiskey on the wound, she groaned a little to the pain before she put the towel back on it. "By any chance dose anyone know a doctor." She said halting to admit that she needed help with this.

(I'm in class so this is th best I could do in 3 minutes, add more in the next one)

@Syfyre /Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan couldn't tell if Cat was just putting on a tough facade or not, but he was fighting to keep his worry down. "If you say so..." He mumbled, even though it looked a lot more painful than a bee sting. Then again, what did he know? The man hadn't even been shot. Hopefully it'll stay that way, he mused darkly, but even as the thought crossed his mind he doubted that would be the case if he stayed with this crowd.

Ryan stood up at the mention of a doctor. "You don't normally need one for a bee sting." He joked dryly as a look of concern spread across his face. "But we can find one! Unless any of you have a friendly-neighborhood-surgeon to call." Ryan glanced at Noctis and Mei as he said this, then to the three men who had kept relatively quiet in the corner; none of the three answered, so he looked back to Mei as he handed her scythe back. "And here's your... scythe thing back. I think sharpening it might have to wait. Can't have my manager bleeding out on me."

Ryan reached into his bag and pulled out the unfinished device, which at least wasn't a mess of wires anymore, and placed it on the workbench. Don't want to lose my new toy. He scooped Sunshine off the floor and put him in the top of his backpack before slinging it onto his back. "C'mon, we'll go find someone to look at that." He said to Cathrin and nodded at her shoulder. That... seems like a lot of blood.

@Jesters Court @ScarletHood Mei's the only one inside that knows about the police.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back