• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Nation-States: Empires of Valinor

NeoLeaf said:
So if the Praustein troops see the Slonian soldiers, they will automatically attack them? Or does Krieg send a letter declaring war to Grace first before having his commanders do something bold?
I know that feel.
If her invasion begins before mine, then I will cancel my declaration of war as my nation only declares once their ready to invade so they don't give the enemy a chance to defend. Therefore mt declaration would still be sitting in my office.

and since I wouldn't have declared war, just has men on the border, I would move my men in to occupy Kasrul since I have established myself as their protector. I will warn the Slonians that any action to subjugate the Kasrulian people will be seen as a declaration of war in which they are the aggressor as THEY are invading my established protectorate

If my invasion has already begun I think I'll use a similar excuse as my "declaration" of war would just be my King "welcoming" them to Praisteun and announcing their annexation

Eh...

Both of you haven't posted your declaration of war to Kasrul or mentioned any plan before hand about conquering it. I think it's safe to say that it's there for the taking. As for me, I have a new campaign to win down south.

I wonder how the combat mechanics are in this game when two players are facing each other... If it's just numbers vs numbers I think the combat scenarios would be become pretty dull.

NeoLeaf said:
Eh...
Both of you haven't posted your declaration of war to Kasrul or mentioned any plan before hand about conquering it. I think it's safe to say that it's there for the taking. As for me, I have a new campaign to win down south.

I wonder how the combat mechanics are in this game when two players are facing each other... If it's just numbers vs numbers I think the combat scenarios would be become pretty dull.
No in my post for turn 2 I posted that I was invading Kasrul. I was waiting for Shireling to do the battle.

But either way, Slonia would be the aggressor as I have already established myself as their protectorate and by attacking them you attack me.

NeoLeaf said:
Eh...

I beleive it will be a mix of numbers, player strategy and buffs

Bobisdead123 said:
No in my post for turn 2 I posted that I was invading Kasrul. I was waiting for Shireling to do the battle.
But either way, Slonia would be the aggressor as I have already established myself as their protectorate and by attacking them you attack me.
Ah speaking of which, Do you want to start our meeting about open borders? Or should I cross it off the list and assume that the meeting didn't go well.

NeoLeaf said:
Ah speaking of which, Do you want to start our meeting about open borders? Or should I cross it off the list and assume that the meeting didn't go well.
After I make my bed I'm replying ;)

Don't think I forgot, and I always stick to my word (usually)

NeoLeaf said:
alsol would Krieg know of your mutual defense pact yet and Slonia's invasion plan?

NeoLeaf said:
DONE

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

I think he would figure out the defensive pact since it's an international announcement. The meeting with Slonia happened about a week before Krieg and Yenna's meeting, the announcement of the defensive pact would already have spread to your lands and probably be a concern for Sir Vulkar.

As for the invasion plan. There is no plan. No documents or oaths were forced upon the two - it was a simple promise. A Promise between two individuals who's only witnesses are themselves and my brown suited dude. You can't suspect anything other than the open border agreements and the non aggression pact between the two nations.

Bobisdead123 said:
Excellent

NeoLeaf said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm...
I think he would figure out the defensive pact since it's an international announcement. The meeting with Slonia happened about a week before Krieg and Yenna's meeting, the announcement of the defensive pact would already have spread to your lands and probably be a concern for Sir Vulkar.

As for the invasion plan. There is no plan. No documents or oaths were forced upon the two - it was a simple promise. A Promise between two individuals who's only witnesses are themselves and my brown suited dude. You can't suspect anything other than the open border agreements and the non aggression pact between the two nations.

Excellent
k that's fine.

@Shireling

So, has my invasion of Kasrul began yet?

@Spacekid: Ospiel now has a less dramatic buff of 2 per institute, still pretty powerful.

Also, timing is fuzzy but we'll just say that if two powers invade one country in a turn, doesn't matter who posted first, they invade more or less simultaneously.

Shireling said:
@Spacekid: Ospiel now has a less dramatic buff of 2 per institute, still pretty powerful.
Also, timing is fuzzy but we'll just say that if two powers invade one country in a turn, doesn't matter who posted first, they invade more or less simultaneously.
Necro has even posted that hes going to invade yet.

Also for player v player can they post their battle plan to you first because I feel otherwise the person who posts second will always end up outmaneuvering the other player.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Also for player v player can they post their battle plan to you first because I feel otherwise the person who posts second will always end up outmaneuvering the other player.

[/QUOTE]
yeah but armies do react to the others moves.. hmm

if only everyone owned Napoeloenic/Empire total war.. we could do it on there

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Also for player v player can they post their battle plan to you first because I feel otherwise the person who posts second will always end up outmaneuvering the other player.

[/QUOTE]
This is a good rule. When you guys are fighting, submit the basic overviews of your strategies to me, that way I know you're not making shit up on the fly.

Shireling said:
This is a good rule. When you guys are fighting, submit the basic overviews of your strategies to me, that way I know you're not making shit up on the fly.
but that's how I play Total War battles

Shireling said:
No problem.

Bobisdead123 said:
but that's how I play Total War battles
Yes but what would end up happening is

p1: I split my troops to pincer them (or some this, these tactics will be shitty DW)

p2: I fall back and divide my troops just incase the enemy decides to try and pincer me

and so on, always 'predicting' the other players move and then, just on the off chance you actually do it legit, we have no evidence, you see?

So I would advice sort of having 'turns' in battles so that they get an over view of what happen from their initial orders and then they get to plan their next move and so on.

NecroKnight said:
Plus, can we agree on some environmental details?
That was something I was thinking actually, perhaps a map of each Provence (Only needed for Player V Player stuff) with strategic locations, be they terrain or structual and then a map for each battle.. I mean I guess it would be a fair bit of work but no one says they should look nice.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]That was something I was thinking actually, perhaps a map of each Provence (Only needed for Player V Player stuff) with strategic locations, be they terrain or structual and then a map for each battle.. I mean I guess it would be a fair bit of work but no one says they should look nice.

[/QUOTE]
Well, I was thinking on maybe agreeing - that if the terrain was mountainous, rocky, flat or wetlands. And the current weather etc.

That sort of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back