Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

What happens to Shinobu is entirely up to you. 

I call bull. What happened to her wasn't entirely up to me. Did I choose for any of the darker events that happened, to happen? No, I didn't. And you're telling me I could've had Shinobu happy during all that shit that happened? Hell no, I make that choice and everybody's going to be all 'your character is pointlessly ignoring shit that's happening right in front of her'. Then I wind up with absolutely nothing to do and then I basically get killed off for being inactive due to there being literally no point to a character who's going to just stand there and not even add to the story. So tell me once more how happiness is was an option during all of that. Do tell me how, because that 'option' would've gotten me basically nowhere at all except out of the RP because of me having had no purpose to the RP whatsoever. So realistically speaking, happiness didn't become an option for Shinobu until Knights, as the options were ether be forced to face White's horrid treatment of the character, or not partake in anything whatsoever and thus become irrelevant.

I'm giving you memes

naruto-meme-15.jpg

f5e080838c3b52b6815a546aedcf53b6.jpg

1450855734-289f5ead5ec741621a79d736c79f46a2.jpeg

narutomeme.jpg

Enjoy

I call bull. What happened to her wasn't entirely up to me. Did I choose for any of the darker events that happened, to happen? No, I didn't. And you're telling me I could've had Shinobu happy during all that shit that happened? Hell no, I make that choice and everybody's going to be all 'your character is pointlessly ignoring shit that's happening right in front of her'. Then I wind up with absolutely nothing to do and then I basically get killed off for being inactive due to there being literally no point to a character who's going to just stand there and not even add to the story. So tell me once more how happiness is was an option during all of that. Do tell me how, because that 'option' would've gotten me basically nowhere at all except out of the RP because of me having had no purpose to the RP whatsoever. So realistically speaking, happiness didn't become an option for Shinobu until Knights, as the options were ether be forced to face White's horrid treatment of the character, or not partake in anything whatsoever and thus become irrelevant.

Because her reaction to all the bad stuff happening is entirely up to you. How do people remain happy through all the shit their lives? By focusing on positives. I'm alive is a positive. I have at least one person who cares about me is a positive. As you said, Shinobu was in no way responsible for what happened in Yuugakure (except for lighting it on fire at the end). She only talked to Chomei. She was not responsible for Gyuuki choosing to suicide. The fact that she took the responsibility for it was all on her. No one blamed her for any of it. She could have chosen to remain with the Shirotaiyo instead of going off on her own. Chiita, Danhi, and Nanko were still alive. She could've grown more protective over them like Chiita had. She could have chosen to meet more characters. You could've reunited her with Kokoro. 

I'm not saying her reaction is wrong by any means. Grief and conflict makes for a good plot builder and I understand where you're coming from. But there's no saying a happy character can't add to the story either.... 

@clarinetti

What's with people and grittiness??? You can't like a sweet, pure, and innocent, love story? Granted I like hot and passionate love stories but still. Light can be right. Dark don't have to start. And...maybe Quirk or Kanra will  make one, haha. I will be dead.

@The One Eyed Bandit

I still fondly remember when you said people loved that TG RC Cell sauce  :x . Everytime TG is brought up, I laugh as I remember it.

@Pequeno Burraidh

I think it's kinda cute how you make your charries, but do you ever make a mean one?

@QuirkyAngel

Hey, don't get it wrong. She no longer likes him. Bitterness and hurt has replaced it. Also, you make some sadistic characters.

@Kiyoko Tomoe

Tmo, yell at me some more. Tell me how I've been to Shinobu. =). I've been really, really bad right?

Occasionally it happens. RWBY rps had a good one I've wanted to use. I get very into character when writing them though, so I try to avoid angry or malicious characters.

@White Masquerade

Another thing is they need to be justifiably angry or malicious, such as when Dove/Eclipse responded to Hidan. I think Kauri will give you a better outlook into me playing a meaner character. I may have him listed as being apathetic in most cases, but as I tend to show, I'm better at showing the depths of one's personality due to their life events via RP than I am explaining it away in a character sheet.

But there's no saying a happy character can't add to the story either.... 

Exactly how would Shinobu being a happy character during all of that add anything to the story? It'd basically make the the person who just stands there and smiles while everything goes to hell, meaning the only thing she adds to anything is being there. I don't see how her becoming one of those 'happy despite everything that's happened' kind of characters would have added anything. It would've basically made her an uninteresting character who I doubt anybody would've liked nor cared for seeing as she would've been exactly like at least two other characters that existed way before I came into this RP. You can preach that she could've been happy-go-lucky 100% the time only because you've already laid claim to said gimmick of looking toward to the future. Me doing the same thing wouldn't have added anything whatsoever. I couldn't even have added that kind of gimmick to the Shirotaiyo since Chiita already had that going for them. Yet here you are, telling me Shinobu being that kind of look toward the future despite all else character would add to the RP. Where have you been reading this stuff at? Because from where I'm looking, I see zero for Shinobu to have done that Chiita or Chiaki hasn't already done.

Exactly how would Shinobu being a happy character during all of that add anything to the story? It'd basically make the the person who just stands there and smiles while everything goes to hell, meaning the only thing she adds to anything is being there. I don't see how her becoming one of those 'happy despite everything that's happened' kind of characters would have added anything. It would've basically made her an uninteresting character who I doubt anybody would've liked nor cared for seeing as she would've been exactly like at least two other characters that existed way before I came into this RP. You can preach that she could've been happy-go-lucky 100% the time only because you've already laid claim to said gimmick of looking toward to the future. Me doing the same thing wouldn't have added anything whatsoever. I couldn't even have added that kind of gimmick to the Shirotaiyo since Chiita already had that going for them. Yet here you are, telling me Shinobu being that kind of look toward the future despite all else character would add to the RP. Where have you been reading this stuff at? Because from where I'm looking, I see zero for Shinobu to have done that Chiita or Chiaki hasn't already done.

I don't mean to preach anything. All I'm saying is that in my opinion, you, as the rper, are just as responsible for Shinobu's grief as White is. I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all. 

Which two characters are you talking about? None of the characters are go-lucky 100% except for maybe Anpan...Chiaki's personality(written in his original cs, which I haven't bothered to fix) is one that looks at the bigger picture of things. He's nice and thoughtful, a person who's kind to everyone, but he won't choose his feelings if he thinks it's better thing to do. He didn't choose to go after Kiyomi when Machi kidnapped her because checking out the explosion at the crystal caverns was probably more important. He didn't go to Han when he suspected she might be in danger because his best use in war was elsewhere. Chiaki is a character of reason and his mind controls his actions more than his passions. He's not that 'nice' and I'm delving more into that in the gaidens and afterstory. I might actually argue that Shinsei might be more caring than Chiaki, though his actions and his feelings go in opposite directions.   

As an rper in a roleplay, you add to the story simply by making your character do something. True there were multiple characters who chose the 'gimmick' of looking towards the future, but there were just as many depressed characters. Happiness doesn't necessarily add to character development, but that doesn't mean it doesn't add to the story(the roleplay). That's more motivation.     

Last edited by a moderator:
As an rper in a roleplay, you add to the story simply by making your character do something. True there were multiple characters who chose the 'gimmick' of looking towards the future, but there were just as many depressed characters. Happiness doesn't necessarily add to character development, but that doesn't mean it doesn't add to the story(the roleplay). That's more motivation.     

I never said happiness doesn't add to the story; I said that Shinobu being added to the list of happy characters wouldn't add anything to the story, because other characters had already done anything that Shinobu could've done to add to the story as a happy character given the circumstances she'd been put in by White. So really, I'm not responsible for not being able to have her as a happy character, as she wouldn't even be important if she'd done what pretty much every character had already done. So no, happiness wasn't a proper choice for me, it would've been more 'make her happy then lose any purpose in the RP because there's nothing to do that hasn't already been done'. If Yugakure hadn't happened, though, then yeah, it would've been an option. But nope, I didn't get enough time before hell came for me. I didn't get enough time to interact with the right characters for Shinobu, I didn't get enough interaction with the Shirotaiyo to take on the role that Chiita took on. Hell, if Yugakure had just happened later on enough for me to have had visible interactions between all the Shirotaiyo and Shinobu, then the gimmick could've worked as both Shinobu and Chiita's together. Could've made a bond there between them with love toward the Shirotaiyo together, but it was just completely illogical to go with that given how little I actually got to interact with when it came to the Shirotaiyo. Yugakure just was an event that came and went way too fast.

I never said happiness doesn't add to the story; I said that Shinobu being added to the list of happy characters wouldn't add anything to the story, because other characters had already done anything that Shinobu could've done to add to the story as a happy character given the circumstances she'd been put in by White. So really, I'm not responsible for not being able to have her as a happy character, as she wouldn't even be important if she'd done what pretty much every character had already done. So no, happiness wasn't a proper choice for me, it would've been more 'make her happy then lose any purpose in the RP because there's nothing to do that hasn't already been done'. If Yugakure hadn't happened, though, then yeah, it would've been an option. But nope, I didn't get enough time before hell came for me. I didn't get enough time to interact with the right characters for Shinobu, I didn't get enough interaction with the Shirotaiyo to take on the role that Chiita took on. Hell, if Yugakure had just happened later on enough for me to have had visible interactions between all the Shirotaiyo and Shinobu, then the gimmick could've worked as both Shinobu and Chiita's together. Could've made a bond there between them with love toward the Shirotaiyo together, but it was just completely illogical to go with that given how little I actually got to interact with when it came to the Shirotaiyo. Yugakure just was an event that came and went way too fast.

That I can understand. As much as I want to drive a good ending for Shinsei, it's going to be difficult what with everything that happened...he's on the path of self-destruction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiso was nearly happy for 86 percent of the Rp and became interesting due to his crazy actions 

You are a spicy tamale. Tmo. Tmo.

I had issues to take care of people. Will be back to working on rp soon

She can't help it. She needs to eat. At least she isn't hunting willy-nilly. She kills those that other humans want to kill, since people who acquire such hatred must not be good people. She also makes sure to receive payment from her clients, since the fact that her client wants to murder another doesn't make them good people either. Essentially, she's eating all the 'bad guys' who want to kill each other ^_^  

You see, Tokyo Ghoul is Black n White to me. At the end of the day, you still kill humans, so an APB will be sent out to terminate your character on site. The CCG I see around these parts are too nice.

@IG42

Understood *hugs*. You're pretty swell IG. You make me sigh and lay against the wall sometimes, but when you're staying in line, I enjoy you.

@Brook

How do you select your avatars?

@Pequeno Burraidh

I see =). Thank you for the information.

@QuirkyAngel

We actually agreed on something. That is cool ^_^

It's not like I didn't already 'confess' a load of stuff in PMs.

I won't argue with that xD . Why do you have it in quotes?

Keep up the great work, White. I'm looking forward to Knights.

*Salutes* I feel like a designer. Biting my pencil, drawing maps, shaking my head at wrong things, shaking my head at right things, double-checking structures, planning outlets, scratching my head, yelling when things go wrong, yelling when things go right, laughing when I read a post in Gaidens, crying when I read one in another too.

This went from making a simple afterstory, to making the best damn thing I could. I hope you enjoy it. Once a lot of the front-end things are done, it is going to be smooth sailing and we can finally indulge in the fun. I am thoroughly enjoying the small story playing in my head.

You see Tatsuo in the Non-PC? I already picture him fighting against your new character =)

Usually based on mood. How about you? 

Same, haha! I'm always wound up so it's always something spicy.

So Russia has held it's 'cleanest election in years' while the Beeb shows footage from election officials own monitoring system clearly showing literally ballot stuffing.

So Russia has held it's 'cleanest election in years' while the Beeb shows footage from election officials own monitoring system clearly showing literally ballot stuffing.

Yes! Cleanest = They finally used Oxiclean on the floors

*Salutes* I feel like a designer. Biting my pencil, drawing maps, shaking my head at wrong things, shaking my head at right things, double-checking structures, planning outlets, scratching my head, yelling when things go wrong, yelling when things go right, laughing when I read a post in Gaidens, crying when I read one in another too.

This went from making a simple afterstory, to making the best damn thing I could. I hope you enjoy it. Once a lot of the front-end things are done, it is going to be smooth sailing and we can finally indulge in the fun. I am thoroughly enjoying the small story playing in my head.

You see Tatsuo in the Non-PC? I already picture him fighting against your new character =)

I know the feeling. I go would go through a similar process when working on my own projects. Although, it didn't include any yelling.

Considering that you're the one working on it, I'm sure that the after-story will be enjoyable. Even if it's not very long, I have no doubt that it will be fun from beginning to end.

If Kouta and Tatsuo do end up facing each other, I hope it's more of a friendly competition, since he's not that fond of violence. I found the part about Maru in his CS to be interesting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back