Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

@White Masquerade

You know that the difficulty of a game is really fucked up when you're facing bosses that are several magnitudes harder than the actual Final Boss. I thought that the Cyber Sleuth DLC would be post-game, but they all unlocked during the Penultimate Chapter. It was satisfying to take out Lucemon with Jesmon though (look carefully at the names).

@White Masquerade

You know that the difficulty of a game is really fucked up when you're facing bosses that are several magnitudes harder than the actual Final Boss. I thought that the Cyber Sleuth DLC would be post-game, but they all unlocked during the Penultimate Chapter. It was satisfying to take out Lucemon with Jesmon though (look carefully at the names).

On a whim, ever play a game called Dragon's Dogma?

Yep. Didn't play the DLC though, never found the time to after clearing the game once.

So that brings two questions, did you fully beat the base game, all the way to where you earn New Game+, and if you did, what did you think? Also Dark Arisen is cool, but largely is just a good way to boost higher and higher in your levels during New Game+ modes.

There are just somethings you can't get through Lucem's head.

I don't understand this, so I guess that's true. 

Flash Exercise!!! (I'm going to be doing these every now and then to keep us all on your A game till Knights starts and hopefully make us all better writers including myself)

Write one sentence that evokes lots of emotion!

" I give up."

That usually does it for me, depending on the situation and the character.

I finally finished Chiaki's cs!

He still looks pretty young. As expected of Chiaki.

So that brings two questions, did you fully beat the base game, all the way to where you earn New Game+, and if you did, what did you think? Also Dark Arisen is cool, but largely is just a good way to boost higher and higher in your levels during New Game+ modes.

Cool concept, especially when you get to the final boss in an offline New Game+. One of those interesting ways that connect gameplay mechanics to the story while also keeping all the implications about it. Really, I just liked the game because it had Berserk stuff in it, but I grew to enjoy the plot and the music. Dear god, the music was really great. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I hang out with too many military types. Either mine were wildly inappropriate or horribly depressing so I opted out of the exercise.

That's fair. I'm not very good when it comes to getting people to feel emotions. I see a scene visually before I write it, and the way I hear dialogue doesn't come our very well in text form.

Yes, I cannot have Chiaki look less than hot.

He drank from the spring of youth which exists deep in the caverns of the Den of Solace.

I suppose that's the burden of beauty. I'm glad that I don't have to worry very much about Kouki's appearance.

Cool concept, especially when you get to the final boss in an offline New Game+. One of those interesting ways that connect gameplay mechanics to the story while also keeping all the implications about it. Really, I just liked the game because it had Berserk stuff in it, but I grew to enjoy the plot and the music. Dear god, the music was really great. 

It was a real shame when they didn't have the original theme carry over for the Dark Arisen DLC, but yea, I wound up finding the whole theme and plot idea rather fascinating in the way they managed it. Coupled with the ability to get the scroll to change your character and each New Game+ was a new Adventure, especially with the class differentials. 

On the note of the character creation scroll that gives the option in the menu, it's also my favourite full on role playing game. I'll role for a job or mission each new game plus and stretch the playthrough over a month or two, having my character grow older, sometimes living full lifes to their elder years before finishing that playthrough.

Eternal Return is a better fit for Dragon's Dogma since it's basically the plot in a lyrical format, but Dangan is just a really fun song. 

I have a weakness for music involving violins and pianos. They get to me more than other instruments when played well.

Do you care for any electric musics, EDM or Drum and Bass types? There's a reason I'm asking =P

Eternal Return is a better fit for Dragon's Dogma since it's basically the plot in a lyrical format, but Dangan is just a really fun song. 

Dangan was a great song, and not at all what I'd originally expected when I turned the game on lol

That said, I wholly agree with your statement.

Do you care for any electric musics, EDM or Drum and Bass types? There's a reason I'm asking =P

Yup. I enjoy most types of music. The only thing I don't really care for is excessively loud bass drops, especially if they break the flow of the song until that point.

Yup. I enjoy most types of music. The only thing I don't really care for is excessively loud bass drops, especially if they break the flow of the song until that point.

I find myself slogging through the tube for new music all the time, and you can come across a fair amount of decent music out there. I'm jealous of one of my cousins in Texs, he's going to the Lindsey Sterling concert in Houston on November fourth and I'm bummed as ettin that I haven't gotten to see her live yet.

A friend of mine is planning to go to her concert here in Austin. Unfortunately,  I'll be busy with school and work, so I won't be able to go.

I haven't had much luck on YouTube when it comes to discovering music. I find most of my favorite artists through SoundCloud.

basically the point of this is just to say sometimes good writing isn't just in the details, but rather whats behind them, cause if your going to create a happy go lucky character you want to evoke that little spark with that character every time he talks, sometimes less is more, good detailed writing isn't just length its every element of writing, how you evoke your emotions, how much detail you give. like if your trying to create a scene where its dark and melancholy you dont need a paragraph full of details, sometimes all it takes is one line, and thats basically what I'm trying to get you guys to do with this little exercise.

Note: I am not saying you guys have to do any of this in your writing, I'm just trying to refine my own writing style as well, and become a better gm that way, and maybe these little challenges can help some people with their writing style and give them tips, you guys are all wonderful writers btw.

A friend of mine is planning to her concert here in Austin. Unfortunately,  I'll be busy with school and work, so I won't be able to go.

I haven't had much luck on YouTube when it comes to discovering music. I find most of my favorite artists through SoundCloud.

Something I've learned is that you can't let what music may appear to be, or what things their makers appear to enjoy, dissuade you from good music. Example, a couple of my younger cousins I sometimes watch love the my little pony programme, I think it's obnoxious. Despite this, the my little pony musicians have a tendency to be fairly talented.  Actually I think that's my only example, because I did stop listening to the Lost Prophets after their lead singer turned out to be a paedophile. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back