Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

Konosuba is a pretty good Isekai because it's a parody. It seems like the genre has become a medium for writers who were bullied as kids to vent out their frustration in the edgiest and most unsubtle way possible. 

Busou Renkin is still my favorite shounen of all time. It was totally self-aware before that got popular.

Along with Konosuba, the only Isekai anime I can remember enjoying were Re:Zero and Grimgar. Occasionally, I'll stumble upon a manga like Spirit Migration that has little chance of being adapted.

Busou Renkin is one of the first series I watched after getting access to the internet. I plan to watch it again after getting through my massive backlog.

1482193573075.jpg

Yeah well he may have done some discreet stuff while she wasn't looking, setting up a room to lock your GF in if they freak out isn't something you generally want to be widely known.

Midgets, small people, often used to describe Levi from AoT for example.

This is news to me. What other shady things did Akago do behind Shirokko's back if you don't mind telling me?

@White Masquerade

Mika is short as fuck. Even after the timeskip he's still a manlet.

Lol. What's wrong with short people Gas? What's your deal with them?

Is it legal to be asexual?

Where is your avatar from?

@Lucem Tenebris

What's the appeal of re-watching shows if I can ask? Like after a long time of not seeing it or....it was so good you want to see it again?

@hudhouse

Also, if you could clarify your post for Quirk, It'd be very appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
This is news to me. What other shady things did Akago do behind Shirokko's back if you don't mind telling me?

@Lucem Tenebris

What's the appeal of re-watching shows if I can ask? Like after a long time of not seeing it or....it was so good you want to see it again?

@hudhouse

Mika shortness is really noticeable compared to literally everyone else in the show besides Atra and the characters younger than him. I don't like him as a protagonist because he's so unengaging that I literally only remember him because of his pronounced height deficiency.

@Lucem Tenebris

@hudhouse

Bleach.

On 12/20/2016 at 11:38 AM, QuirkyAngel said:

Many adults I find in rl are childish. And yet the likeable adults, for the most parts, are the ones that maintain certain child-like qualities, despite gaining the wisdom and experience of adulthood. Maturity, in my mind, is also very subjective. Age, experience, personality, all play a part into what people define as mature. Interestingly, it is the oldest characters (Rudy and Mizutsune) who are duking it out in a way some might consider childish.

Rudy "kills" Raina, punches Mizutsune, and tries to kill Jinn. Mizutsune gets angry, saves Jinn, and beats up Rudy. Rudy decides that a massive explosion is the way to deal with things. There were probably a number of factors that led to that outcome, but, ultimately, it was his childish desire to destroy what he didn't like that was the root cause. 

Shinsei may do something crazy. Chiaki will work towards migitating damage to his home village.

If you do teleport Rudy out of Kirigakure, which sounds like a good solution to me, make sure you're careful where you drop him. Teleportation doesn't alleviate the trouble. It simply brings the trouble elsewhere^^

@White Masquerade

My favorite village, where many of my characters live, is at risk of being blown up. Isn't it natural to be a little sad?

Nina = Ninja, right? I saw the edit.

Iol. So you finally admit that Han's children are cute  ^_^ I did my best to endue certain child-like qualities to them, given their age. Jungetsu is like a younger, more spoiled version of Sumire...with Chiaki's flair for music. Naogetsu takes after Han, but with a much friendlier, and more energetic personality. His logic also amuses me. Their relationship with Dai Dai reflects well their personalities. I plan on getting their posts in before the deadline, but I'd rather not risk Kiri getting blown up before then =P. Raina's post is mainly a reflection of her life decisions, as well as a bit of interaction with one of my new npcs, so it could just as easily serve as a secret factor since it doesn't have anything to do with the events in Kiri. Or even the knights. I'm just switching the order so that Shinsei and Chiaki will get their post first.

Lao x Makoto is indeed cute. At least, if Kiri does get destroyed, we know where Lao's staying
Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png

@hudhouse

I'll be honest...I have no idea what happened.    

Mizutsune split up into her 6 bodies, since she is made of thread she doesn't need a heart, and they all sang a tune while one of the bodies used Dharma_Power_Sealing_Technique:_Sen_no_Rikyū to try and connect to his Chakra network (However, since he isn't a Jhin, it most likely wouldn't work.. but she doesn't know that), to try and keep him still. The others create a massive Rasenshuriken, and the kirin from last post slams down into it while small balls of dust release are added, orbiting around it like planets around a star.

She then chucked it, and made the threads in the area close and constrict in thick walls, trying to seal Rudy with it. The power Seal was also to get some chakra into Rudy's body, so that she could create a dust release barrier around his heart to preserve it from the attack. Finally, a dust release crystal barrier is being raised just ahead of the threads in case Rudy decides to use any Gelal powers

Usually both. It's like watching one of your favorite movies. I like to revisit the world and characters. I also forget a lot of things, so in some ways, it's like I'm watching for the first time again.

Along with Konosuba, the only Isekai anime I can remember enjoying were Re:Zero and Grimgar. Occasionally, I'll stumble upon a manga like Spirit Migration that has little chance of being adapted.

Busou Renkin is one of the first series I watched after getting access to the internet. I plan to watch it again after getting through my massive backlog.

View attachment 223747

Isekai works better when they don't take things seriously. Though, Escaflowne was a good Isekai even in its own time. 

1482183767733.jpg

Mika shortness is really noticeable compared to literally everyone else in the show besides Atra and the characters younger than him. I don't like him as a protagonist because he's so unengaging that I literally only remember him because of his pronounced height deficiency.

Really? I happen to like Mika. If I were introverted I'd be something like him. He has a very straightforward view on things and doesn't sweat much. His dedication to Orga and his orders is unbelievable to watch. It's also cute too when others press him on more "tender" things. He just gives them a dumb look, haha, and eats some more raisin crackers.

@IG42

IG, you really do shoot your own self in the foot.

Usually both. It's like watching one of your favorite movies. I like to revisit the world and characters. I also forget a lot of things, so in some ways, it's like I'm watching for the first time again.

Do you re-play games too?

Really? I happen to like Mika. If I were introverted I'd be something like him. He has a very straightforward view on things and doesn't sweat much. His dedication to Orga and his orders is unbelievable to watch. It's also cute too when others press him on more "tender" things. He just gives them a dumb look, haha, and eats some more raisin crackers.

As an introvert I think he's dull as a plank of wood.

Isekai works better when they don't take things seriously. Though, Escaflowne was a good Isekai even in its own time. 

It's one of the few Isekai I remember with a female protagonist. The only other one I can think of is Kumo Desu ga and possibly Inuyahsa.

1482210634012.jpg

Do you re-play games too?

Yup. I'm currently replaying Bloodborne and Red Dead Redemption. Going through games after a long time let's me play with a different perspective and outperform myself. I like replaying them when a sequel is announced.

As an introvert I think he's dull as a plank of wood.

No, no -- don't think you're gonna get away with what you said earlier IG42.

@Lucem Tenebris

Thank you for that. I think I understand. I can see it, if you haven't played one in a long time. The hardest for me to grasp is replaying Pokemon, thinking about that more, I can understand it too. You play sports/racing games as well? do those hold you for a long time?

Thank you for that. I think I understand. I can see it, if you haven't played one in a long time. The hardest for me to grasp is replaying Pokemon, thinking about that more, I can understand it too. You play sports/racing games as well? do those hold you for a long time?

I've never had much interest in video games that involve sports and racing. Most of the ones I've seen are pretty much identical, aside from an updated roster and improved graphics. Pokémon does this as well, but comes with new mechanics and story every release date, which has become less frequent. I mostly play games for the story, which is why I'm mainly a fan of RPGs.

It's one of the few Isekai I remember with a female protagonist. The only other one I can think of is Kumo Desu ga and possibly Inuyahsa.

View attachment 224175

Yup. I'm currently replaying Bloodborne and Red Dead Redemption. Going through games after a long time let's me play with a different perspective and outperform myself. I like replaying them when a sequel is announced.

Inuyasha's premise sounds like an Isekai, I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. I don't think it counts since they did make sporadic visits back to their other world - Isekai thrives on being stuck there or making their return an endgoal. Kumo Desu Ga seemed like a female version of the slime one so I didn't bother - it probably has some merits but I'm too burnt out on the genre.

9e0.png

Inuyasha's premise sounds like an Isekai, I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. I don't think it counts since they did make sporadic visits back to their other world - Isekai thrives on being stuck there or making their return an endgoal. Kumo Desu Ga seemed like a female version of the slime one so I didn't bother - it probably has some merits but I'm too burnt out on the genre.

The constant hopping through time keeps Inuyasha from being a full Isekai, but I think that adds to its appeal. I haven't read much of Kumo, but have loosely kept up with the slime one, since I'm a fan of smaller monsters like slimes and goblins. 

I wonder what the next hit genre will be after Isekai and video game worlds die down. 

1473279750205.png

The constant hopping through time keeps Inuyasha from being a full Isekai, but I think that adds to its appeal. I haven't read much of Kumo, but have loosely kept up with the slime one, since I'm a fan of smaller monsters like slimes and goblins. 

I wonder what the next hit genre will be after Isekai and video game worlds die down. 

View attachment 224277

It's hard to say, it really depends on what current power fantasy is most appealing to otaku at the moment. You'll definitely know what the next big thing is when at least 5 different titles suddenly pop up with the same generic premise and setting.

465.jpg

@White Masquerade

Nothing special happened. I just felt like giving my opinion on the concept of childishness and maturity. It fit well with this rp, given that we have the kids' story run sidelong with the adults' story. Kids have their own problems. Adults have their own problems. And adults don't deal with their problems any better than the kids do. Yet adult reaction to problems have greater impact of the world as a whole than kids do. It's an interesting thing to think about. 

On that note, I don't think you'd be like Mika even if you do become an introvert. You have too much personality. All Mika does in his free time is eat, sleep, and push-ups. Of course, I don't blame him for being dull, given his upbringing. I find his height adds very nice realism to Iron Blooded Orphans. He's not made to be cool, and his size seems to be a reflection of a malnourished youth.

@hudhouse

Thank you =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back