Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

Lmao. Come on. There's nothing concerning about me, to be concerned about. Just playing out my dream of doing a Chunin Exam, Lucem. Plus it's the weekend so I'm super chipper. Lucem, do I get your "rival," blood going  :x ?

And I don't smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told that I couldn't be a rival, so my blood still flows normally.

That GIF says otherwise. I'm only looking out for your health.

I was told that I couldn't be a rival, so my blood still flows normally.

That GIF says otherwise. I'm only looking out for your health.

It's rolled up paper =/. I-I-I want to be c-cool. You don't think it is? *removes paper* F-Fine! I don't need your approval anyway!

Lol. Darn right you can't be a rival. Your writing is not normal. If anyone here can do it, it's Netti-chan. You and I are in 2 different weight classes. It wouldn't match. Quirk and I are about the same weight and that's why it's so perfect. I had to provoke her for a bit at the start, but it seems like she's enjoying herself now. Clarinetti seems right up your alley though. Thinking on it now, I think she'd be perfect for you honestly.

Good morning folks! How's it going this splendid Saturday? ^.^

*looks over the ooc*

@White Masquerade

[SIZE= 11px](Here I was going to comment on that cutscene-esque moment of dialogue between you and Lucem, and then I go to the next page and see that up there^.)[/SIZE]

I think you overestimate my writing, meine Freundin, but um, thanks I guess...? :$

And you don't have to pretend to smoke to be cool White-chan - you're already awesome all on your own merits! And as Lucem said, it's certainly not worth your health and well being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks! How's it going this splendid Saturday? ^.^

*looks over the ooc*

@White Masquerade

[SIZE= 11px](Here I was going to comment on that cutscene-esque moment of dialogue between you and Lucem, and then I go to the next page and see that up there^.)[/SIZE]

I think you overestimate my writing, meine Freudin, but um, thanks I guess...? :$

And you don't have to pretend to smoke to be cool White-chan - you're already awesome all on your own merits! And as Lucem said, it's certainly not worth your health and well being.

No, no. I don't compliment lightly. You are certainly in Lucem's class. It's not exactly a measure of skill, it's heaviness and technique. You and Tenebris are similar.

It did have a cutscene-esque feel right? I've been taking notes from GasMaskie who is the master of those. ♤▪♤

No, no. I don't compliment lightly. You are certainly in Lucem's class. It's not exactly a measure of skill, it's heaviness and technique. You and Tenebris are similar.

It did have a cutscene-esque feel right? I've been taking notes from GasMaskie who is the master of those. ♤▪♤

Hm, well those notes have been paying off then it seems, because that was a pleasure to read in and of itself (The anime pic was a nice touch)- felt almost intrusive, posting after that dialogue you two had going... and then I saw there was another page of OOC, and after seeing your last comment, well, speak of the devil ;p .

So, you've got a chill weekend in store? Hopefully not working too hard on all this thread business, hm?

She's been practising for about five years gearing up for this. She may not be the best around at some things, but there are others she excels at =P

Oh yeah? Well if Rokoriko starts talking like a cat girl, she'd certainly jump on the list of being best girl. Talking like a cat, basically guarantees a spot.

Hmm, that probably would be an interesting match. Other matches which I think would be amusing would be pitting Yoshinori against someone like Sengun, Tetsuo, or Madeline/Ducky.

As for Makoto, she's gunning for Soyoka, but Makoto v. Kidazoa feels bound to happen at some point. Otherwise, I'd like to see how she fares against one of the Kiri future swordsmen/women... all the more satisfying when Iwa comes out on top!

Oi. Clair. Soyoka's not losing to anybody, let alone Makoto. She's better off dropping out of the tournament.

IWA THOUGH!!!! My 2nd favorite village!

Also @White Masquerade is there a general guess on an introduction for Maddie and Ducky? Just wondering, bout to write up my Kauri finding Shinsei post, it's gonna be fun xD

MM. Maybe today? I'm not sure yet. There are so many things I want to do, but I have to feel out the right direction to go.

Really should have figured. I'm guessing the eight contestants for the ends will just be the eight left alive =/

LOL.

SHUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP------------------!!

Hm, well those notes have been paying off then it seems, because that was a pleasure to read in and of itself (The anime pic was a nice touch)- felt almost intrusive, posting after that dialogue you two had going... and then I saw there was another page of OOC, and after seeing your last comment, well, speak of the devil ;p .

So, you've got a chill weekend in store? Hopefully not working too hard on all this thread business, hm?

Intrusive? Lol. You don't have to worry about that. Lucem never respond to any of my advances. Interrupt anytime and any day you wish. And you know I'm going to work hard on this thread business. I can't see myself having it any other way. You don't know how much I actually enjoy doing this. It's always so frustrating when I can't post.

Oh yeah? Well if Rokoriko starts talking like a cat girl, she'd certainly jump on the list of being best girl. Talking like a cat, basically guarantees a spot.

Oi. Clair. Soyoka's not losing to anybody, let alone Makoto. She's better off dropping out of the tournament.

MM. Maybe today? I'm not sure yet. There are so many things I want to do, but I have to feel out the right direction to go.

LOL.

Intrusive? Lol. You don't have to worry about that. Lucem never respond to any of my advances. Interrupt anytime and any day you wish. And you know I'm going to work hard on this thread business. I can't see myself having it any other way. You don't know how much I actually enjoy doing this. It's always so frustrating when I can't post.

Why do you want her 'nyah'-ing after every sentence like a knock off Canadian xD

Why do you want her 'nyah'-ing after every sentence like a knock off Canadian xD

Have you seen their cat lips that look like 3's? The ears. The mischievous yet adorable looking faces they have? The speech to match it is the icing on the cake. Cats are sweet enough as an animal. Now a cat person? Beyond amazing.

"Myadeline and Ducky! Nice to meetyah!" I'm going to pass out from picturing it in mind.

LOL.

You know that's not going to happen- she's got her pride and the family name at stake. It's Soyoka who ought to consider forfeiting if and when they face one another, because Makoto'll be sweeping this competition away.

Well, second is the best after all ;p. It's funny, because before this RP I didn't think much of Iwa, and now look where we are... Suna and Kiri are both pretty cool as well though ^.^

No, I know you're passionate and enjoy doing this- how else would you have endured as long you have in this endeavour? Just want to make sure you make time for yourself and such.

What?  -.-

If the 'nyah' is just supposed to emulate a cat-person (Ie. Hans from Rokka no Yuusha), I'd understand. But 'nyah' is nothing like the 'eh' that Canadians are stereotypically believed to say all the time, so I'm mildly befuddled as to how you made that connection.

Has anyone wander how or where they're getting the characters names from? 

You mean how we were inspired to name our characters?

You know that's not going to happen- she's got her pride and the family name at stake. It's Soyoka who ought to consider forfeiting if and when they face one another, because Makoto'll be sweeping this competition away.

Well, second is the best after all ;p. It's funny, because before this RP I didn't think much of Iwa, and now look where we are... Suna and Kiri are both pretty cool as well though ^.^

No, I know you're passionate and enjoy doing this- how else would you have endured as long you have in this endeavour? Just want to make sure you make time for yourself and such.

What?  -.-

If the 'nyah' is just supposed to emulate a cat-person (Ie. Hans from Rokka no Yuusha), I'd understand. But 'nyah' is nothing like the 'eh' that Canadians are stereotypically believed to say all the time, so I'm mildly befuddled as to how you made that connection.

You mean how we were inspired to name our characters?

Un! (Yeah in japanese). 

Un! (Yeah in japanese). 

:x  I pictured a small child saying that. Killing me with sweet things today. Shirokko is Sirocco in English. Soyoka means...something I forgot xD.

@clarinetti

Ofc. Yesterday I did feel tired so wasn't on, but today I've mostly recovered. Shame on you for not thinking much of Iwa! Do you know how many BAMFs they have? Konoha is the "dumb" village of Naruto. I hate Konoha so much. Almost as much as Kiri. Kumo is pretty dull as well.  :$  Thank you for complimenting Suna <3. I seriously like how I'm getting to see different ninja from different villages and aren't swamped by Uchihas and Rinnegan-using nuts. This focuses on the smaller, cooler links of Naruto and I really, really like that. I'm so interested in the relationships we can get going. Exploring Gelel is solid too. I couldn't be happier.

Have you seen their cat lips that look like 3's? The ears. The mischievous yet adorable looking faces they have? The speech to match it is the icing on the cake. Cats are sweet enough as an animal. Now a cat person? Beyond amazing.

"Myadeline and Ducky! Nice to meetyah!" I'm going to pass out from picturing it in mind.

I'm sure you'll fall in love with her eventually.

I would have replied near immediately, nut I just got finished watching the NEW RWBY EPISODE AND HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THE QUALITY SPIKE AND JUST EVERYTHING IS AMAZING!

But yea, Rokoriko will have plenty of time to make you think she's wonderful I'm sure.

It's rolled up paper =/. I-I-I want to be c-cool. You don't think it is? *removes paper* F-Fine! I don't need your approval anyway!

Lol. Darn right you can't be a rival. Your writing is not normal. If anyone here can do it, it's Netti-chan. You and I are in 2 different weight classes. It wouldn't match. Quirk and I are about the same weight and that's why it's so perfect. I had to provoke her for a bit at the start, but it seems like she's enjoying herself now. Clarinetti seems right up your alley though. Thinking on it now, I think she'd be perfect for you honestly.

You're already cool, White. You don't need rolled paper to prove that.

Clari is already with Kiyo. I don't believe in stealing rivals.

Has anyone wander how or where they're getting the characters names from? 

I use Kanji readings to decide the names for characters and locations in this RP. For example, Tetsuo follows the family tradition of being named after the Land of Iron. His given name translates to "iron man", which reflects his facial expression. His family name can be read as "to forge a sword". Combined with the first Kanji of his given name, it is read as "to forge a sword of iron".

I use Kanji readings to decide the names for characters and locations in this RP. For example, Tetsuo follows the family tradition of being named after the Land of Iron. His given name translates to "iron man", which reflects his facial expression. His family name can be read as "to forge a sword". Combined with the first Kanji of his given name, it is read as "to forge a sword of iron".

See, name wise I usually have a thematic or personal reasoning for their name, and if you go digging you'll find that almost everyone one is a word in a foreign language. A few outliers are Kauri Brehm, Kauri just being a new take on the standard, and Brehm being a nod to my enjoyment of a singer with the same last name.

Rokoriko and Rei Manami are both in reference to the sea however, and Dove's full name was in reference to both peace and bears lol.

Rei Manami can translate to Beautiful Sea, and Rokoriko isn't of Japanese origin but coupled with Manami becomes Shimmer Sea, as they didn't have a 'shimmering' word in the language I'd used, though I can't remember the exact language as of this moment.

Un! (Yeah in japanese). 

Gotcha.

Well I pretty much scoured all those '<Insert language here> name meaning' webpages and tried to find ones which embodied some element of the character (Though in hindsight, their accuracy is likely questionable). Akane means 'deep red', which links to the fact that Iwagakure shinobi often wear red/burgundy. Torune is an extension of Toru, which means wayfarer or traveller. Makoto means 'sincerity' (Admittedly, I originally took it because its the name of the protagonist in 'The Girl who Leapt through Time'), while on the other hand Yoshinori is typically associated with traits such as noble and righteousness, both which he lacks (or at least thinks he does).

:x  I pictured a small child saying that. Killing me with sweet things today. Shirokko is Sirocco in English. Soyoka means...something I forgot xD.

@clarinetti

Ofc. Yesterday I did feel tired so wasn't on, but today I've mostly recovered. Shame on you for not thinking much of Iwa! Do you know how many BAMFs they have? Konoha is the "dumb" village of Naruto. I hate Konoha so much. Almost as much as Kiri. Kumo is pretty dull as well.  :$  Thank you for complimenting Suna <3. I seriously like how I'm getting to see different ninja from different villages and aren't swamped by Uchihas and Rinnegan-using nuts. This focuses on the smaller, cooler links of Naruto and I really, really like that. I'm so interested in the relationships we can get going. Exploring Gelel is solid too. I couldn't be happier.

Hmm, well happy to hear you're doing better today- got to get that 6+ hours of sleep!

And yes, I realize my folly for not realizing Iwa's greatness. But considering that my primary information to go off on Iwa was a crazy suicide bomber and a shady old man with back problems, one might understand where I was coming from- it was only when I started researching for my characters that I came to learn of Iwa's true greatness. I don't dislike any shinobi village: it's more the individual characters associated with them that matter to me. The only one I'm particularly ambivalent towards is Otogakure, since they mention it for the Chunin Exam and when Sasuke joined Orochimaru, but then never really do much else with it afterwards.

Yes, giving the little guys the spotlight is always a joy. So far this newer generation doesn't seem as influenced by previous  stereotypes about the other villages, so how they interact with their new squads should be interesting (Mind you, it's relatively early, so some biases may come to light yet). As for the Gelel.... we'll see how that turns out ;p.

This is true- while I'm not opposed to having more than one rival, I would have to place my loyalty first to Kiyo-chan: we've got history after all. Also, perhaps its just me, but I don't get the feeling that you're terribly interested in being rivals with anyone, so that would be a moot point then.

See, name wise I usually have a thematic or personal reasoning for their name, and if you go digging you'll find that almost everyone one is a word in a foreign language. A few outliers are Kauri Brehm, Kauri just being a new take on the standard, and Brehm being a nod to my enjoyment of a singer with the same last name.

Rokoriko and Rei Manami are both in reference to the sea however, and Dove's full name was in reference to both peace and bears lol.

Rei Manami can translate to Beautiful Sea, and Rokoriko isn't of Japanese origin but coupled with Manami becomes Shimmer Sea, as they didn't have a 'shimmering' word in the language I'd used, though I can't remember the exact language as of this moment.

I always thought Rei's name was to highlight the state of her body, since it can translate into "spirit ".

This is true- while I'm not opposed to having more than one rival, I would have to place my loyalty first to Kiyo-chan: we've got history after all. Also, perhaps its just me, but I don't get the feeling that you're terribly interested in being rivals with anyone, so that would be a moot point then.

I wouldn't be opposed to rivalry. I'd just rather have one develop naturally, or have someone else come to me with the idea first.

I always thought Rei's name was to highlight the state of her body, since it can translate into "spirit ".

I wouldn't be opposed to rivalry. I'd just rather have one develop naturally, or have someone else come to me with the idea first.

Nah, cos Rei was Rei before her body was changed. She came from a beautiful fishing village and already had a connection to sea life, so Beautiful Sea was a good name for her, thus Rei Manami was a great name. I knew Rei could mean zero too, but not spirit. That works too though xD

@Pequeno Burraidh

I probably will fall in love with her eventually. I'm already halfway caught to be honest. If RWBY had a quality bump, it might be worth it to start watching then. Let's see if she makes it to Round 3 first though. We are still at the beginning of Stage 2.

@Lucem Tenebris

You're a gentleman Lucem. I appreciate that.

@clarinetti

Yup. From here on I really have to be disciplined or risk blowing up over personal excitement =P

@Hange Zoe

Not bad. I liked the cutscene. I always like watching cutscenes. It's like a moving scene in a book. And how I wished the real game played like  :|

@Pequeno Burraidh

I probably will fall in love with her eventually. I'm already halfway caught to be honest. If RWBY had a quality bump, it might be worth it to start watching then. Let's see if she makes it to Round 3 first though. We are still at the beginning of Stage 2.

@Lucem Tenebris

You're a gentleman Lucem. I appreciate that.

@clarinetti

Yup. From here on I really have to be disciplined or risk blowing up over personal excitement =P

@Hange Zoe

Not bad. I liked the cutscene. I always like watching cutscenes. It's like a moving scene in a book. And how I wished the real game played like  :|

Like this quality bump?

First EP is out today, at lest for me as a sponsor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back