Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

4 hours ago, White Masquerade said:

Hey all, so it's the weekend. Expect some summary updates, IC posting, and general progress.

AH yes that is a good one. Not sure it's RP-able though. There could be a battle for Djinns and players choosing who their King should be but, it's difficult.

You are making another character for the Exams right? When they are finished, I am going to give them a riddle to answer.

Never. I will never do a non-serious roleplay

@Kinzu Hekmatyar

okay, I have your answer. You will take #1 over my dead body Kinzu. It's war between our characers now.

CuoFBXAWEAAHYuc.jpg

She is the first full-spiritual person we have

Well, she is from the Sakurai Clan, a clan which literally had no industrial development and thus doesn't exactly have much fancy stuff. So yeah, like Kanami/Kokoro, Spiritual techniques are all she has with the sole exception being use of knives, though somewhat limited in the sense that weaponry and utensils in the Spirit Woods are hand-crafted for the most part.

@GasMaskie

Unohana was my favorite character. Such a shame. Would have liked to see her full Bankai.

@QuirkyAngel

Nope, by riddle answers.

@Kiyoko Tomoe

So Mio knows how to shave wood?  :x

What's worse is that we never got to see Aizen's Bankai. I'm not even sure how they managed to recapture him since the final battle pretty much wiped out Soul Society's forces. And both Grimmjow and Urahara's fates are completely fucking ambiguous. The only closures we really get are to the main characters, at least with Naruto they showed off some of the side characters and then expanded on them with Boruto and the side novels. 

Snipe.jpg

Also, this guy made his debut today. He's basically Black Jack in that he's an unlicensed doctor. Snipe lives up to his status as the FPS Gamer, he kill steals Ex-Aid at the end of the episode.

What's worse is that we never got to see Aizen's Bankai. I'm not even sure how they managed to recapture him since the final battle pretty much wiped out Soul Society's forces. And both Grimmjow and Urahara's fates are completely fucking ambiguous. The only closures we really get are to the main characters, at least with Naruto they showed off some of the side characters and then expanded on them with Boruto and the side novels. 

Everyone except maybe Kiba got laid and somehow Darui and Chojiro became Kages.

Everyone except maybe Kiba got laid and somehow Darui and Chojiro became Kages.

Kiba definitely got with that side character. Even if we weren't getting a Boruto series, the movie would have actually been a pretty good way to end the franchise.Though, if you want to talk about really shitty shounen endings, just look to how Reborn ended with no romantic resolution nor closure. 

Also, that weird manta ray thing was her Shikai. She does show off her Bankai but she immediately dies before we get to see her really do anything cool with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Mio knows how to shave wood?  :x

I suppose you could say so. Every weapon the Sakurai Clan use is hand-made by the owner, as their view on things is that something is only as useful to a person as it is attached to their soul; In other words, if someone were to obtain an ordinary knife, they wouldn't really have much use for it because it would be a dull and plain knife that they had no care for. If they made a knife for themselves, however, one that completely suited them, or in some cases if someone were to give them a very precious and important knife that represented their bond and memories shared together, it would be very important to the wielder thus far more useful.

So yeah, Mio, as well as all other Sakurai Clan members who have any combat training beyond basics, has some sort of capability to shave wood so they can create their own devices that can please themselves when they take them into combat. Prime example being Kanami's bow, and then the staff Mio wields is also hand-made. Now it's not necessarily 100% made by Mio herself, but she did do a good bit of work on that staff to make it her own.

Fun Fact: All wooden objects inside and created in the Spirit Woods is filled with spiritual energy which, in an object that makes use of a full tree, such as a small house, is equal to that of a normal Sakurai Clan member's spiritual energy (Which is about two thirds as much energy as an average Chunin's chakra).

Kiba definitely got with that side character. Even if we weren't getting a Boruto series, the movie would have actually been a pretty good way to end the franchise.Though, if you want to talk about really shitty shounen endings, just look to how Reborn ended with no romantic resolution nor closure. 

Also, that weird manta ray thing was her Shikai. She does show off her Bankai but she immediately dies before we get to see her really do anything cool with it.

Reborn was my favorite shounen during its run and the ending was pretty disappointing. It seemed that another arc was in the works, but everything wrapped up with a deus ex machina and no real conclusion.

Also, this guy made his debut today. He's basically Black Jack in that he's an unlicensed doctor. Snipe lives up to his status as the FPS Gamer, he kill steals Ex-Aid at the end of the episode.

KS! Wows. Brings back memories. What can you do? At least it was good while the good parts lasted.

@IG42

Who knows how they became Kage xD

@Kiyoko Tomoe

Eh. Not bad Lore work, TMO. How about Mio make some characters a few trinkets for the exam? She's is steadily rising up on my ship =)

@Lucem Tenebris

Hitman Reborn?

Ah. Well that makes sense then.

If you're still looking for a fandom to make an rp for after Naruto's done, I think D-grayman would be a good choice. Fairly straightforward. It's a war with only 2 sides.

Thank you for that. I've heard of it, but never checked it out. From what I read, it's dark right? I could be down for that.

I j

13 minutes ago, QuirkyAngel said:

Ah. Well that makes sense then.

If you're still looking for a fandom to make an rp for after Naruto's done, I think D-grayman would be a good choice. Fairly straightforward. It's a war with only 2 sides.

Are you giving out home work Quirky? , Now i'm gonna have to watch this anime so i can't keep up with y'all

Thank you for that. I've heard of it, but never checked it out. From what I read, it's dark right? I could be down for that.

Yep. The sequel was a little disappointing since it didn't give the same dark feel as the first series.

I j

Are you giving out home work Quirky? , Now i'm gonna have to watch this anime so i can't keep up with y'all

lol. Only if you want to. I can tell you that I liked the anime and don't regret watching it, though the end sorta leaves you hanging. 

Just now, QuirkyAngel said:

Yep. The sequel was a little disappointing since it didn't give the same dark feel as the first series.

lol. Only if you want to. I can tell you that I liked the anime and don't regret watching it, though the end sorta leaves you hanging. 

You tella me i'm gonna have to hunt down some animator to be happy after the ending ?

Hitman Reborn?

Yup. It went from a gag manga to your standard shounen series, but it was a pretty entertaining zero to hero story involving Mafia families and a power system some compare to Nen. A lot of wasted potential, but still pretty enjoyable. The author's other series will be getting an anime soon. 

I love D gray-man, but I'm mad that hallow stopped at 13 ep when the first season was like a good 20 something. 

Haha. What's up with everyone and dark stories? What's the appeal of a dark story? I know I'm not one to talk, but I love romance, knights/knightettes in shining armor, and beautiful endings. What's attractive about death, killing, torture, and sadness?

Yup. It went from a gag manga to your standard shounen series, but it was a pretty entertaining zero to hero story involving Mafia families and a power system some compare to Nen. A lot of wasted potential, but still pretty enjoyable. The author's other series will be getting an anime soon. 

Wasted potential  9_9  I watched a video on it long ago while exploring anime I should watch and it looked very good. I am sorry to hear it was not all it could have been =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back