Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

Would it make sense to make a mecha roleplay like bubuki buranki? 

I like the series more then I like any other mecha animes, not that I watch any of it. 

Haha. What's up with everyone and dark stories? What's the appeal of a dark story? I know I'm not one to talk, but I love romance, knights/knightettes in shining armor, and beautiful endings. What's attractive about death, killing, torture, and sadness?

Wasted potential  9_9  I watched a video on it long ago while exploring anime I should watch and it looked very good. I am sorry to hear it was not all it could have been =/

I'd still recommend giving it a chance. The characters are fun and it has one of the best improvements in art quality I've seen in a manga. It did start out as a pure gag series, so the beginning might be tough to get through. There's also some nice fights once the action comes in.

Dark stories might attract people because of how it goes against the happy series that most people are brought up on. I read quite a bit of romance series and it's nice to throw in a tragedy before moving onto the next.

I read as far as Allen getting taken over by the Fourteenth before stopping a forgetting to check for updates. May start reading again, since I remembered I like it.

I've been reading from the beginning so that I can watch the new season. It's been pretty enjoyable so far.

Haha. What's up with everyone and dark stories? What's the appeal of a dark story? I know I'm not one to talk, but I love romance, knights/knightettes in shining armor, and beautiful endings. What's attractive about death, killing, torture, and sadness?

Ah, the story of D-grayman actually got darker in the sequel when Alma and the Thirds were introduced.

It's just the overall tone of the anime felt...brighter, I guess? Dunno. It just didn't give me the same feel the older anime did. 

Wasted potential  9_9  I watched a video on it long ago while exploring anime I should watch and it looked very good. I am sorry to hear it was not all it could have been =/

Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies unfortunately friend. Dark and messed-up stuff goes down all the time irl, so it would make sense that it would be equally prevalent in the fictional narratives people come up with based on previously gained knowledge/ experiences. I think part of what makes it appealing to both the author and audience is that, unlike the real world's endless uncertainties, there's a greater sense of control with regards to the outcome (Whether it be a 'happy' or 'sad' ending). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies unfortunately friend. Dark and messed-up stuff goes down all the time irl, so it would make sense that it would be equally prevalent in the fictional narratives people come up with based on previously gained knowledge/ experiences. Part of what makes it appealing I think is that, unlike the real world, one has a much more control with regards to the outcome (Whether it be a 'happy' or 'sad' ending). 

I'm more into dark stuff, than magical wonderlands. I've read more dark fantasy stuff like seraph of the end, horror mangas like attack on titan, and tokyo ghoul. Action pack thrill stuff get's be excited, wanting more of it :3. I sound like a mad man, let me stop ;3; 

Ah, the story of D-grayman actually got darker in the sequel when Alma and the Thirds were introduced.

It's just the overall tone of the anime felt...brighter, I guess? Dunno. It just didn't give me the same feel the older anime did. 

I like alma, for a moment when alma and yu fought I thought the two blip blooped but only one blip blooped. 

The second season felt darker than the first season did. 

Would it make sense to make a mecha roleplay like bubuki buranki? 

I like the series more then I like any other mecha animes, not that I watch any of it. 

Maybe. The characters are much, much, much, more interesting than the mechs though. They make the show. I forget its supposed  to be about robots sometimes xD

I'd still recommend giving it a chance. The characters are fun and it has one of the best improvements in art quality I've seen in a manga. It did start out as a pure gag series, so the beginning might be tough to get through. There's also some nice fights once the action comes in.

Dark stories might attract people because of how it goes against the happy series that most people are brought up on. I read quite a bit of romance series and it's nice to throw in a tragedy before moving onto the next.

I've been reading from the beginning so that I can watch the new season. It's been pretty enjoyable so far.

Alright. I will give it a shot then. As for dark stories...hm. I have to think on that answer you gave. Not feeling it totally.

^_^  I figured you were the demon in this relationship.

Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies unfortunately friend. Dark and messed-up stuff goes down all the time irl, so it would make sense that it would be equally prevalent in the fictional narratives people come up with based on previously gained knowledge/ experiences. Part of what makes it appealing I think is that, unlike the real world, one has a much more control with regards to the outcome (Whether it be a 'happy' or 'sad' ending). 

Clarinetti, I will be the light to your dark. It is true life is not all roses and posies, but we should certainly do our best to make it! Find the light in the dark! I can go for redeeming stories, but straight doom and gloom T_T.

Also, I want to like your post so hard but I will refrain from doing so until I add it to the summary. Just know I loved it. You do well. Very well. I look forward to Yoshi and Makoto showing their faces in the 3rd round. I will admit that I am tense right now. I'm biting my nails in anticipation for who gets those 7 spots.  I love the Chunin Exams.

Maybe. The characters are much, much, much, more interesting than the mechs though. They make the show. I forget its supposed  to be about robots sometimes xD

Alright. I will give it a shot then. As for dark stories...hm. I have to think on that answer you gave. Not feeling it totally.

Clarinetti, I will be the light to your dark. It is true life is not all roses and posies, but we should certainly do our best to make it! Find the light in the dark! I can go for redeeming stories, but straight doom and gloom T_T.

Also, I want to like your post so hard but I will refrain from doing so until I add it to the summary. Just know I loved it. You do well. Very well. I look forward to Yoshi and Makoto showing their faces in the 3rd round. I will admit that I am tense right now. I'm biting my nails in anticipation for gets those 7 spots.  I love the Chunin Exams.

Yeah I enjoy the characters more then the big robo fights. The series is quite diverse, Team Japan, Russia, europe, and even america is in their. 

I don't like the leader for america though, he seems like a gag character to me, and His Japanese voice actor tries to much when speaking english. 

I'm more into dark stuff, than magical wonderlands. I've read more dark fantasy stuff like seraph of the end, horror mangas like attack on titan, and tokyo ghoul. Action pack thrill stuff get's be excited, wanting more of it :3. I sound like a mad man, let me stop ;3; 

Hey, no judgements here, you do you compadre ^.^

Also, I want to like your post so hard but I will refrain from doing so until I add it to the summary. Just know I loved it. You do well. Very well. I look forward to Yoshi and Makoto showing their faces in the 3rd round. I will admit that I am tense right now. I'm biting my nails in anticipation for gets those 7 spots.  I love the Chunin Exams.

Well, I already brought a flashlight and plenty of rechargeable batteries... but if you want to come along, that's cool too.

Also, I appreciate the pep talk coach ;p. I swear, I'm not as morbid as I make myself out to be, but for the light to truly shine, one also needs contrast and shadow. 

I'm happy you enjoyed Yoshinori's post ^.^ It was nice to write, and he's a good change of pace from some of my previous characters. Hah, don't get too tense though- drink some tea and relax White-chan: this is supposed to be fun, remember? ;p

[COLOR= rgb(240, 255, 255)]Btw, Don't kid yourself though in saying that this is going to be done by December XP[/COLOR]

I like alma, for a moment when alma and yu fought I thought the two blip blooped but only one blip blooped. 

The second season felt darker than the first season did. 

I think it's the brighter colors, cuter pictures, and the prettier Miranda. Her voice and the way she speaks sounds too...cutsy...from what I remembered. I didn't like it =(

I felt the same way when watching the tokyo ghoul anime. Like why the heck are all the hair colors so bright?

Eh? Why would you say that? I don't dislike happy stories. And I'm not much of a tragedy person.

It's just the dark theme suited D-grayman in my mind.

As for why people are drawn to dark stories, I think it's because darker stories bring out more emotions from viewers/readers than their lighter counterpart.

@White Masquerade

This opening is kino.

The Sengoku anime right? Is it good?

Glad it's been pretty good lore thus far. If I didn't have good lore, then I'd be ashamed of myself for having produced nothing in the year I've been developing the Sakurai Clan ^~^

Lol. Tmo you've come very far from the 1st time we've written together. You were good then, but you've gotten even better. I am extremely pleased if you feel you've made progress as a writer  ^_^

I think it's the brighter colors, cuter pictures, and the prettier Miranda. Her voice and the way she speaks sounds too...cutsy...from what I remembered. I didn't like it =(

I felt the same way when watching the tokyo ghoul anime. Like why the heck are all the hair colors so bright?

Eh? Why would you say that? I don't dislike happy stories. And I'm not much of a tragedy person.

It's just the dark theme suited D-grayman in my mind.

As for why people are drawn to dark stories, I think it's because darker stories bring out more emotions from viewers/readers than their lighter counterpart.

But Light stories can do the same. They still bring out emotions, just the opposite ones a darker story would. Who doesn't fall in love with heroism, tenacity, belief, and pure grit? I LOVE THOSE. And you know what Quirk? I'm going to make you love them too!

Hey, no judgements here, you do you compadre ^.^

Well, I already brought a flashlight and plenty of rechargeable batteries... but if you want to come along, that's cool too.

Also, I appreciate the pep talk coach ;p. I swear, I'm not as morbid as I make myself out to be, but for the light to truly shine, one also needs contrast and shadow. 

I'm happy you enjoyed Yoshinori's post ^.^ It was nice to write, and he's a good change of pace from some of my previous characters. Hah, don't get too tense though- drink some tea and relax White-chan: this is supposed to be fun, remember? ;p

[COLOR= rgb(240, 255, 255)]Btw, Don't kid yourself though in saying that this is going to be done by December XP[/COLOR]

Sure, I'll come along with you. Just to make sure you don't do anything sneaky to anybody. While I half agree with you I will just have to prove good always wins then huh? One of these days I'm going to turn you to the pure light and you'll swear off the dark forever.

Yeah, yeh, it's supposed to be fun =P. I'll zip my lips about it then.  :x

Whenever you want to do a dramatic roleplay in the future, Check me out @White Masquerade I'm not good with plots, but I can cover up lores, and other stuff. 

Wonderful. Because I hate doing lore and other stuff. Such a drag.

So to anyone that still reads this OOC, I'll be doing team posts later on today and maybe posting for the redhead knight.

Lol. Tmo you've come very far from the 1st time we've written together. You were good then, but you've gotten even better. I am extremely pleased if you feel you've made progress as a writer  ^_^

I'm thinking of expanding even more on the Sakurai Clan lore in a Gaiden. The problem I face right now though, is that it's a lot of information on the Sakurai Clan that I'd be putting into it, and I don't know how much of the Sakurai Clan lore I want to have shown in one place.

I'm thinking of expanding even more on the Sakurai Clan lore in a Gaiden. The problem I face right now though, is that it's a lot of information on the Sakurai Clan that I'd be putting into it, and I don't know how much of the Sakurai Clan lore I want to have shown in one place.

I see. I think you can show all of it if it doesn't interfere with your plans for the role-play. This will be no RP continuation after we hit the start of January so try not to go too overboard, lol. Only write out something big if you feel. Whatever you do though, I will enjoy reading through it.

good always wins

Welll...... Good doesn't always win. In fact, good never wins; it doesn't exist. There's no such thing as something that's actually good or evil, it's all perspective-based. In the eyes of a man who's had his family sentenced to death, those who killed his family are evil. However, in the eyes of those who did the sentencing, the evil ones are the family for whatever crimes they may have committed, while yet again the evil ones in the eyes of that family would be whoever it was that put them in whatever situation they were in that forced them to commit said crimes, ex. them committing murder because someone was abusing and blackmailing them and everything, perhaps some mafia thugs were stealing everything they had. Meanwhile the mafia could see themselves as doing good because all they see themselves as doing is surviving in a corrupt world by taking from others who are part of the society they perceive as corrupt due to, perhaps, being caught up as children in some sort of criminal activity in which they had guns to their head by people they thought they could trust before then.

So really, the perception of good and evil is something that no two people share the same in life. I mean, if we didn't have civilization, we would probably be killing one another just like wild animals, yet we wouldn't consider it evil as we do today because it's how things work in nature, with us in nature as we do such killing of one another.

I am constantly reminded  with each and every post why I love you all.

Quirk. I hope Jun makes it to the 8 plays Soyoka first. Someone needs to teach this idol manners, because her parents obviously aren't doing the job.

Well, I've been gone a bit, so 'course I'm gonna dive right inta it, m'dear.

Ooh la la you're so suave today too TMO. =). What is the special occasion?  Might have to arrest you for being a smooth criminal ☆•☆

AND KOUTA IS BEST BOY. BEEN DECIDED.

I am constantly reminded  with each and every post why I love you all.

Quirk. I hope Jun makes it to the 8 plays Soyoka first. Someone needs to teach this idol manners, because her parents obviously aren't doing the job.

She needs to learn the difference between intelligence and being insanely impulsive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back