Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

That's a rather uncivilised approach.

Ha-ha. Sometimes being civilized just doesn't cut it for some things.

@White Masquerade

Suddenly I've remembered, what is your honest assessment of Rei's capabilities as both a leader and a defender of her peoples given all information about her?

O.K. There are many types of leaders and Rei falls into the Ghandi-type. People like Martin Luther King Jr and those that prefer non-violence but have a deep message. As a leader she does well standing up for what she believes in and supporting her ideals. It is a very powerful will to stick by what you say and continue to hope what you wish for. It's extremely commendable. Her people trust her and things seem to be working well. Hato is flourishing and the town is happy. However, there comes a second part to the puzzle and that's where I feel she sorely lacks. As a defender for the people, she just doesn't have that grit you need to make the tough decisions. She is too rosy-eyed/ignores the ugliness of things. Hato No Tochi is still intact because she hasn't been challenged. If the Voi decided to attack, how willing would she be to kill Raven? Or give up some of her country's rights to form a pact of protection with another nation? Would she be willing to give up Hato's Independence to align with Tainan for help? Is she capable of being shady or taking another person's life to save the majority? Rei's geniality is commendable, but there are truly despicable humans in the world and that'd smile and shake her hand while stabbing her in the back with the other. Rei herself is immortal, though she doesn't take into consideration that those around her aren't. Decisions she makes won't hurt her, but they will hurt those she loves. <--- And until Rei takes that into consideration with everything she does, in my opinion, she cannot be a really good protector for Hato No Tochi. She still needs that wake up call. Much like the one Maika and Dove went through. Whether she comes out of it good or bad is anyone's guess.

Just now, White Masquerade said:

O.K. There are many types of leaders and Rei falls into the Ghandi-type. People like Martin Luther King Jr and those that prefer non-violence but have a deep message. As a leader she does well standing up for what she believes in and supporting her ideals. It is a very powerful will to stick by what you say and continue to hope what you wish for. It's extremely commendable. Her people trust her and things seem to be working well. Hato is flourishing and the town is happy. However, there comes a second part to the puzzle and that's where I feel she sorely lacks. As a defender for the people, she just doesn't have that grit you need to make the tough decisions. She is too rosy-eyed/ignores the ugliness of things. Hato No Tochi is still intact because she hasn't been challenged. If the Voi decided to attack, how willing would she be to kill Raven? Or give up some of her country's rights to form a pact of protection with another nation? Would she be willing to give up Hato's Independence to align with Tainan for help? Is she capable of being shady or taking another person's life to save the majority? Rei's geniality is commendable, but there are truly despicable humans in the world and that'd smile and shake her hand while stabbing her in the back with the other. Rei herself is immortal, though she doesn't take into consideration that those around her aren't. Decisions she makes won't hurt her, but they will hurt those she loves. <--- And until Rei takes that into consideration with everything she does, in my opinion, she cannot be a really good protector for Hato No Tochi. She still needs that wake up call. Much like the one Maika and Dove went through. Whether she comes out of it good or bad is anyone's guess.

Becareful Ghandi in Civ IV/V ,Ghandi is a nuke chucking jerk 

@GasMaskie

I got Gundam + Power Rangers vibe. Now THAT is a good Mech combination I can support (looks at Macross)

We all have different taste. 

Bleach has amazing lore, they just dropped the ball on it after Aizen. The Espada could have been brilliant if they gave each the same time they put into Ulquiorra. Bankai. Quincy. Menos Grande. The first parts of Bleach had me absolutely CAPTIVATED. I still drool over Byakuya and his beautiful Senbonzakura.

Then...I dunno what happened after all that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonderful, I very much like how you explained everything, and it all makes a great deal of sense. Rei did choose to spare Dove after all, leading to Raven which could have been a bad idea in the long run, I suppose we will find out.

And Hato no Tochi has not been challenged, which is true, though I suppose should anyone make an attempt on Rokoriko whilst they are out and about  for the Chunin Exams I would imagine it would tell you a lot about who she has become.

As for Hato no Tochi, while there are a number of trade agreements about, and I do believe it's been confirmed for Kiri at least, including the fact that Nao has visited once or twice, I don't believe there are any straight up peace treaties that have been signed. While that would sound bad, it's general isolation and location coupled with the fact that they have regularly sent gift, aid and relief packages to other nations, including Tainan's and on that note the fact that she is running things similarly to Tainan means they are definitely at a lack for ire or enemies.

The kindness displayed by her and Hato no Tochi as a whole coupled with their isolated location make them a highly unlikely target for attacks to begin with, but if they did need help, unless the countries they've aided prove to be honourless fools, I can't imagine that they would find themselves alone in an attempt at defence either.

Besides, you know me, I've got something tucked up a sleeve somewhere xD

@GasMaskie

I got Gundam + Power Rangers vibe. Now THAT is a good Mech combination I can support (looks at Macross)

Bleach has amazing lore they just dropped the ball on it after Aizen. The Espadas could have been brilliant if they gave each the same time they put into Ulquiorra. Bankai. Quincy. Menos Grande. The first parts of Bleach had me absolutely CAPTIVATED. I still drool over Byakuya and his beautiful Senbonzakura.

098.jpg

@GasMaskie

Bleach has amazing lore, they just dropped the ball on it after Aizen. The Espada could have been brilliant if they gave each the same time they put into Ulquiorra. Bankai. Quincy. Menos Grande. The first parts of Bleach had me absolutely CAPTIVATED. I still drool over Byakuya and his beautiful Senbonzakura.

For a minute I thought you would be a Gin fangirl =P 

Aahhhh the white emptiness is blinding!!

It makes sense in context but you really have to hand it to Kubo for having the balls to leave a page completely blank except those words. Nonetheless, it's pretty well-documented that he skimps out on backgrounds. Aizen's cocoon form was pretty much the epitome of this since it was all white and featureless. I wonder if he'll draft up another shounen series, Zombiepowder was fairly interesting.

@GasMaskie

I dunno, but I hope so. I'd at least check out the first few arcs of anything he decides to have a swing at.

@Pequeno Burraidh

That's fair. We will have to see how things go in this then. Tomorrow I get to be set free so, we'll be moving!

@Hange Zoe

=P Gin is alright. Nothing fancy though.

@IG42

Tomorrow I'll have the Kages post and stage 2 start so Akago can do his thing.

Lol, fun, mind if I make another NPC? I'm thinking not even like Rei or the Memoriam, just a bit of an obnoxious git that shows up once or twice in opposition to Timuga, such as the intro I was thinking of having for him.

If you'd like. *whistles*

@Hange Zoe

Okay, you made an Uchiha with Mangekyo. I have to tell you a few things. Every time he uses the Mangekyo, his vision goes down. After using it a lot, he will turn blind. I read through your CS and his 2 eye skills are Amaterasu and Kagatsuchi (Controls Amaterasu).

In the third post here, 

You will see him listed. I keep careful track of every Uchiha here so I will be watching. And about his dad having the Rinnegan, I removed that from the CS. Uchiha get it in a special way and his dad certainly couldn't have.

^ If you want to know the reason, it has to do with re-incarnates. But basically. Sharingan to Rinnegan is a no-go.

@Kinzu Hekmatyar

....Han dies? What? Why? ;-;

Chiaki will protect Han from anyone who tries to attack her!

From what I understand, Tai Release counters Wuji Release, so if anyone can cure the effect of Jinan's curse, it's a practitioner of Tai. Or maybe one of the kids wanting to be medic-ninjas will find a cure eventually. Hana's also working on it. So don't give up... D:

@White Masquerade

lol. Rudy's not much of a chivalrous knight is he? ^_^  

The kindness displayed by her and Hato no Tochi as a whole coupled with their isolated location make them a highly unlikely target for attacks to begin with, but if they did need help, unless the countries they've aided prove to be honourless fools, I can't imagine that they would find themselves alone in an attempt at defence either.

People who hate Rei. People who are jealous of the Land of Dove. People who dislike the ideals of the Land of Dove. People who want the chakra-ful resources of the Land of Dove for themselves. There are many possible reasons why the Land of Doves would be targeted. Unless an alliance is actually negotiated, the countries the Land of Dove donates to may or may not choose to help the sub-nation, simply because doing so is a risk for themselves. Kindness isn't always returned. And most normal people don't take risks without good reason. True honor isn't actually that common...and even then, there are many different codes of honor.

Shinsei, for example, has his own sense of honor...of sorts. ¬¬

Nao visits because he likes the sharks. And because the boat rides there are free =)

@Kinzu Hekmatyar

....Han dies? What? Why? ;-;

Chiaki will protect Han from anyone who tries to attack her!

From what I understand, Tai Release counters Wuji Release, so if anyone can cure the effect of Jinan's curse, it's a practitioner of Tai. Or maybe one of the kids wanting to be medic-ninjas will find a cure eventually. Hana's also working on it. So don't give up... D:

@White Masquerade

lol. Rudy's not much of a chivalrous knight is he? ^_^  

People who hate Rei. People who are jealous of the Land of Dove. People who dislike the ideals of the Land of Dove. People who want the chakra-ful resources of the Land of Dove for themselves. There are many possible reasons why the Land of Doves would be targeted. Unless an alliance is actually negotiated, the countries the Land of Dove donates to may or may not choose to help the sub-nation, simply because doing so is a risk for themselves. Kindness isn't always returned. And most normal people don't take risks without good reason. True honor isn't actually that common...and even then, there are many different codes of honor.

Shinsei, for example, has his own sense of honor...of sorts. ¬¬

Nao visits because he likes the sharks. And because the boat rides there are free =)

Still have things tucked up my sleeves =P

Besides, no one has wanted to discuss things like that with me even though I've proposed them a number of times =/ Either the idea of writing trade and truce agreement meetings is boring or people just don't want to be bothered with it at the moment.

@QuirkyAngel

Haha. Can't really say much on that now. You will just have to see how things unfold.

@Pequeno Burraidh

You have to sweeten the pot. Quirkstar is correct. What's the benefit of partnering with a nation centered on peace and refuses to fight/kill? From the other person's view, that country is a handicap if anything were to really break out you know?

Still have things tucked up my sleeves =P

Besides, no one has wanted to discuss things like that with me even though I've proposed them a number of times =/ Either the idea of writing trade and truce agreement meetings is boring or people just don't want to be bothered with it at the moment.

Here's what Chiaki would tell you about the negotiation table. It's a battlefield. Everyone wants the best deal for their country. Verbal spars are common. As Kirigakure's diplomat, Chiaki's job is to negotiate in the best interest of the Hidden Mist Village. Less give, more take so that Kiri gets the best deal...that is the ideal result should he be judged based on job performance. And Chiaki's a good diplomat =P

That said, if Rei wants to negotiate a peace treaty with Kiri, Chiaki would be the person to see...though the final decision would rest with the Mizukage. Chiaki's only a negotiator. 

I imagine people would hesitate with peace treaties because they are an obligatory agreement of sorts. In rps, people like to have open choices rather than picking a side at the start of the rp. Also, like White said, trade/truces are about give and take. Rei has to use a better bait if she wants a major alliance.

@QuirkyAngel

Haha. Can't really say much on that now. You will just have to see how things unfold.

@Pequeno Burraidh

You have to sweeten the pot. Quirkstar is correct. What's the benefit of partnering with a nation centered on peace and refuses to fight/kill? From the other person's view, that country is a handicap if anything were to really break out you know?

Alrighty then. Let's see what happens =)

*proceeds to ponder on how Raina would respond..*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back