Naruto: Contract for Outcasts OOC

Beta said:
I will give it five posts. Less if I hate it, more if I don't.
Thats all I can ask for. Trust me, you wont hate it. The structure can seem stifling, but when run by a Good GM, the game flows and everyone gets in what they want.

I mean GM whatever I don't mind but the flow of the story revolves on you... you realize in a combat situation we can not do anything until you post back.

I am fine with following the rules but you are going to have your hands full with 5 people.

Wiseman said:
Now that does not mean that every NPC you guys fight is going to be a tough guy, and you will at times kill whole squads of lesser ninja with your attacks, but a lot of the important NPCs you guys will face will absolutely put up a fight, and for that reason the GM power needs to be exerted over the NPCs.
Once again... if we'll be slaughtering squads of lessers, what the fuck is the point in you simply confirming that an "Inferno Style: Flame Cyclone" turned three Genin pissants into ashes? I see the validity to making sure we don't gleefully murder Jounin or Hunter-Nin... but lesser foes? Tell me the point in you simply making death post after death post?

HaruAketchi said:
ok another, this is to actually allow pvp battles to be decisive right? because if it is left up to the anyone aside from the gm then no one would ever die or get hurt.
This is not the only reason, but is in part a very large reason. PVP fights that are free play tend to be a series of counters and close calls that go on and on until the players disengage, usually in a tie, for some other reason.

This is also to increase the realism of the game. If you charge a squad of Jonin, then you are going to take hits, simple as that, and where as many players hesitate to put their characters in real danger, I do not have these qualms, and it tends to force people to think more carefully and act more rationally. Now, Im not saying Im here to kill your characters, but I will give appropriate responses to any situation a character is placed in.

HaruAketchi said:
because if it is left up to the anyone aside from the gm then no one would ever die or get hurt.
You're wrong about that. It's a common belief, but it's also an incorrect one.

Wiseman said:
This is also to increase the realism of the game. If you charge a squad of Jonin, then you are going to take hits, simple as that, and where as many players hesitate to put their characters in real danger, I do not have these qualms, and it tends to force people to think more carefully and act more rationally. Now, Im not saying Im here to kill your characters, but I will give appropriate responses to any situation a character is placed in.
Clearly you never read any of my older posts here. I nearly killed my own character after only like 5 posts... in my own RP.

Beta said:
Once again... if we'll be slaughtering squads of lessers, what the **** is the point in you simply confirming that an "Inferno Style: Flame Cyclone" turned three Genin pissants into ashes? I see the validity to making sure we don't gleefully murder Jounin or Hunter-Nin... but lesser foes? Tell me the point in you simply making death post after death post?
The reason is simple, the situations vary greatly. What if that squad of Genin has a Jonin squad leader? What if they are illusions or clones? What if they only look like Genin? What if they are a distraction, and upon attacking them you spring a trap? What if one of these Genin is as bad ass as one of the Naruto Genin and puts up an unexpected fight, or has a powerful Kekkei Genkai? You dont know what repercussions your actions will have until you have made your move, and that is why even lessers deserve the benefit of a confirmation post. I promise that I am not here to waste your time, and if you do kill a squad easily and without repercussion, I wont drag it out to death post after death post.

Wiseman said:
What if they only look like Genin? What if they are a distraction, and upon attacking them you spring a trap? What if one of these Genin is as bad ass as one of the Naruto Genin and puts up an unexpected fight, or has a powerful Kekkei Genkai?
The above statement makes it seem like you just want to dick us over at every turn.

Beta said:
You're wrong about that. It's a common belief, but it's also an incorrect one.
Clearly you never read any of my older posts here. I nearly killed my own character after only like 5 posts... in my own RP.
You should know that not everyone can stick by your standards of RPing, and if there is no common law, then someone will ignore good taste and avoid realism. You may be exempt from this, but can you say everyone is? Trust me, this structure usually results in good things.

Humor said:
Just worried if you can handle the load Wiseman.
Dont worry about me, Im a lean green writing machine, it will be no problem. 

Beta said:
The above statement makes it seem like you just want to dick us over at every turn.
Those are all just possibilities of what could happen, its not meant to dick over. It just means that you cant know for sure what the plot has in store for those ninja that are attacking you. Maybe they are just fodder to draw out your abilities, or maybe they are something else. The point is, if I just let you kill them, then their only possible purpose was to be killed, not to advance the story. Thats fine most of the time with lesser enemies, but not all the time.

hmm, i actually like the idea. ive done free post rps and they tend to end up as dead threads with two or three people posting back to back filling the rp. i dont think he was to dick us over, i just think he wants to make it more realistic like he said. bcause our characters wouldnt be in control of everything, and like he said, we could meet genin like naruto and get effed up. i think the point of that whole post was to tell us that he was in control of all that.

Wiseman said:
Thats fine most of the time with lesser enemies, but not all the time.
Then here's an idea. Just let us know when we aren't allowed to simply murder. If the enemies are just there to slow us down, for example, let us go nuts. If they serve a purpose story wise such as misdirecting us or what have you, then indicate they are not "Extras".

In Gaming Lingo, An "Extra" is an NPC who has only enough health to survive MAYBE one attack. More if cinematically appropriate.

An actual Enemy or NPC is not an extra, and can compete for longer amounts of time with the PCs.

Bosses are, well... highly powerful foes that usually require two or more players working in unison to defeat.

HaruAketchi said:
ive done free post rps and they tend to end up as dead threads with two or three people posting back to back filling the rp
Stick with me, kid. I'll change that opinion.

My fear is timing... The GM idea has its merits but the fact that he will be handling all the combat for 4-5 people who are on at different times in which he is on at different times. Said battle with a skilled jonin or S rank criminal could take... a good amount of time to flesh out entirely in which case people become impatient between posts and waiting. Or they fall behind in a fight because they happened to not be on during the soft spot time for the current combat fight.

There are good and bads to each one of the idea's. With Free Post the story moves faster but people use their characters how they want and may end up causing a blan storyline filled with predictability and no real challenge. Then if players do happen to fight against eachother if becomes a mindless banter of MY GUY KILLED 12 PEOPLE. Oh yeah well my guy killed 8 higher level people.

With GM it becomes the basis on timing and adaptability to that timing to create a rich RP environment. But all the woes are on one person. If they can not get on for 2 days or so essentially the RP die's if it has active members. As well as stressing over how to handle each and every individual character.

Humor said:
My fear is timing... The GM idea has its merits but the fact that he will be handling all the combat for 4-5 people who are on at different times in which he is on at different times. Said battle with a skilled jonin or S rank criminal could take... a good amount of time to flesh out entirely in which case people become impatient between posts and waiting. Or they fall behind in a fight because they happened to not be on during the soft spot time for the current combat fight.
There are good and bads to each one of the idea's. With Free Post the story moves faster but people use their characters how they want and may end up causing a blan storyline filled with predictability and no real challenge. Then if players do happen to fight against eachother if becomes a mindless banter of MY GUY KILLED 12 PEOPLE. Oh yeah well my guy killed 8 higher level people.

With GM it becomes the basis on timing and adaptability to that timing to create a rich RP environment. But all the woes are on one person. If they can not get on for 2 days or so essentially the RP die's if it has active members. As well as stressing over how to handle each and every individual character.
Dont worry, I can guarantee at least one series of posts a day, and usually much more. I have done this before, so I know what I'm getting into. 

Beta said:
Then here's an idea. Just let us know when we aren't allowed to simply murder. If the enemies are just there to slow us down, for example, let us go nuts. If they serve a purpose story wise such as misdirecting us or what have you, then indicate they are not "Extras".
In Gaming Lingo, An "Extra" is an NPC who has only enough health to survive MAYBE one attack. More if cinematically appropriate.

An actual Enemy or NPC is not an extra, and can compete for longer amounts of time with the PCs.

Bosses are, well... highly powerful foes that usually require two or more players working in unison to defeat.

Stick with me, kid. I'll change that opinion.
Fine, If there are some adds then I will let you guys custom kill them. But do not create your own adds, I will generate them for you to kill. It could be very destabilizing to the plot of players begin invention new enemies in the middle of a story line.

Humor

i think we should see how it goes before doubting his abilities. but if it does become difficult im sure he wouldnt hesitate to ask someone else to become a secondary gm, or something along those lines.

Wiseman said:
Fine, If there are some adds then I will let you guys custom kill them. But do not create your own adds, I will generate them for you to kill. It could be very destabilizing to the plot of players begin invention new enemies in the middle of a story line.
This is far more acceptable.

I am certainly interested in the GM's idea. It was an idea that i thought would be really cool, but i don't have the experience nor the free time to pull it off. I definitely want to give this method a try. I can learn a lot from this. Plus it would be a change up to the normal free roam, free reign RPs that I'm in. Change is not always a bad thing. I'm with giving it a try 

HaruAketchi said:
is it raining right now in amagakure?
It's always raining if I'm correct?? 
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Amegakure

Read up on it.

• Name: Hogo Fukujin

Nickname/Alias: Shichi, Hosozao, The Night Singer.

Height: 5'6"

Sexuality: Both

Village of origin: Konohagakure, Formerly

Former Clan/Bloodline: Fukujin

Former Position: Regular Jonin

Chakra Nature: Wind, Water.

Specialty: Utility

Last edited by a moderator:
ninbinz said:
Name: Hogo Fukujin

Nickname/Alias: Shichi, Hosozao, The Laughing Song.

Height: 5"4'

Sexuality: Both

Village of origin: Konohagakure, Formerly

Former Clan/Bloodline: Fukujin

Former Position: Regular Jonin

Chakra Nature: Wind, Water.

Specialty: Utility

Appearance: Here

Personality: Generally he is a jovial man who refuses not to see how bad his situation really is. He often laughs for the sake of laughing and his smiles never reach his eyes. He has a love for music and often hides his immense sadness by playing happy and uplifting songs. Despite his irresponsible and carefree demeanor he is always suspicious and weighed down by the responsibility and guilt of his actions though he cannot bring himself to end his shame by taking his life.

Hogo is prone to idle thought and does whatever he can to keep from remembering what he did, he will complete any tedious mind numbing task he can think up just to keep his mind occupied.

History:

Once he would have been the luckiest man alive; his team consisted of his Idol, his best friend and his girlfriend, he was the heir to be the leader of his clan and he was a genius to boot but that was all flushed down the drain the night he betrayed his team, his family and his Village. He and Benten had been together for some time, their families were long time allies and they were betrothed. His best friend Saizo had no family and had he not saved Hogo they would have never been friends.

As children the trio had spent everyday together, training and playing about, they had even helped Hogo with his duties at the family shrine. They were virtually inseparable and when they were put into the same team they were ecstatic but when they had learned that Jinpachi Nezu was to be their squad leader. Saizo and Hogo had idolized the ninja they called 'Black Lightning', Jinpachi Nezu was one of the most famous ninja's in the village at the time. The four meshed well together as a team but it seemed as though a shadow were leaning over their future.

10 years later:

Hogo and Benten were going to be married within the week and they were preparing for the event of their lifetimes. Hogo loved Benten but only as a sister and she had the same feelings for him but neither of them could bring themselves to betray their family and refuse to get married, Saizo on the other hand was completely smitten with her and she with him. Saizo however as not content to let things sit as they were and confronted the two clan leaders with Hogo, Benten and Jinpachi in tow, they met under a private pagoda and at first Hogo's father; Rokuro and Benten's mother; Isanami simply sat by in passive contempt for Saizo disregarding his words as foolishness. Eventually however tempers flared and Saizo drew his weapon to attack.

The next day Hogo stood outside the gates to Konoha and sighed before leaving his longtime home and waved a final goodbye to his former team leader who stood there without expression, his left eye covered by bandages and his right arm hoisted up by a white cotton sling. The last words Jinpachi had shared with him were; "You are no longer welcome here but since you were once my student I will give you a year's head start. I will avenge your family, your comrades and your former village." Since then he has spent his days on the run from his own teacher and honing his skills so that one day will be able to running and find some solace in whatever is left of his life.

Theme Song:
=========================================

Equipped Weapons/Items: Bishamonten(Sword)*, Benzaiten(Shamisen)*, 10 Kunai, 10 Shuriken, 20 Explosive Tags, 5 Explosive bombs, 10 Poisoned(Paralisys) Throwing Needles, 4 summoning scrolls, A medium spool of ninja wire.

*= Special Abilities:

Bishamonten: Is sealed within Benzaiten via a seal located on the back of the base.

Benzaiten: Absorbs the player's chakra to perform jutsu when played.

Wind Release:

-Blade of Wind -Gale Palm -Powerful Wind Wave

Water Release:

-Water Encampment Wall -Wild WaterWave -Wild Bubble Wave

*Taijutsu: (Idaina Ryoku no Hotei) Hotei's Great Force

-It combines forward momentum, forceful thrusts, wide ranging spinning kicks with chakra imbued strikes to blow foes back.

*Kenjutsu: Bishamonten War style (Sensō Yoshiki)

-Utilises wide sweeping movements that emulate the strength and consitency of waves.

*Hidden Technique: Wind Release: Spinning Dance (Odore no bōseki)

Range: Long

Hand Seals: N/A

- When using his Taijutsu he releases chakra from his hands, the chakra forms into blue arcs that fly at the enemy to slash them apart.

Weakness: The attack is easily dodged or dispersed by striking them with a weapon.

*Hidden Technique: Water Release: Flowing Dance (Buyō o nagareru)

Range: Mid

Hand Seals: N/A

-The user imbues his weapon with water chakra and releases it with every strike, the released chakra becomes 9ft waves that rush forward to push the enemy back or drown them.

Weakness: The waves become smaller and smaller the further they go.

*Hidden Technique: Wind Release: Resounding Cord (Narihibiku kōdo)

Range: Short

-Uses his shamisen and plays the cord at such a low frequency that every time he strikes a cord a repelling pulse reverberates from his weapon to push foes back.

Weakness: The Attack is purely concussive and cannot be held for longer than a minute at a time (Two per post perhaps)

*Hidden Technique: Golden Wave of Daikoku (Ōguro no kogane no Daikoku)

-He plays a
on his shamisen dedicated to the gods that creates a large wave of golden water to attack his foes.
*Hidden Jutsu: Genjutsu: Fukuroku's Golden Sight (Fukuroku no kogane kōkei)

-Utilising his shamisen he plays a

that induces a hallucination the leads the target to believe that everything has gone their way while sapping their chakra reserves by a small amount.
*Summoning Jutsu: Shika (Deer)

-Summons the Deer Prince Jishin who is alternatively able to transform into a fan or staff the weapons of the ancient sage Furojin.

*Summoning Jutsu: Tai (Sea Bream)

Summons a school of ninja fish to perform several actions

Seal Release: Bishamonten

Seal: Hand Clap

Hogo releases the seal and summons His sword Bishamonten.

It took quite a while, I hope it's okay but will be happy to make any needed edits, I may have forgotten stuff but I can't of any right now so it'll have to do.

So, let me try to understand a few things. What exactly happened when Saizo drew his weapon and attacked? How did we go from Saizo attacking, to Hogo getting kicked out of the village? What, did he join in with his best buddy and help beat up and kill his own parents and the parents of the betrothed? And the girl herself, what happened to her? How did things go so out of control, did someone hit them with a rage bomb?

You dont explain enough about this event in your history to justify being kicked out of the village, and even then, the other Jonin and ninja hunters would not let Hogo simply walk away if he had done something that bad. Also, it should be mentioned that your summoning techniques need to be explained as well, as I will be the one playing your summons, and thus should know the contract you have with them, a rough estimate of their personality, and any other important facts I should know about them.

So in short, more details. Your history can be a little hard to read at times as well, so if you could clean it up a little, that would be awesome.

THAT IS A HEAPING LOAD OF S AND A RANK Jutsu's dear god... Should I have made my character stronger with jutsu's because I know people will bitch if Because he has not real jutsu's i was going to say he was better at fighting but im sure i'll get massive QQ for that.

Yeah, buttloads of A-Rank and S-Rank techniques are more of a bad thing than a good one. My character has a couple S-Rank and like 4 or 5 A-Rank, and the rest are lesser. Big Jutsus take MAD amounts of Chakra. And as Wise put it, we aren't Jinchuriki or Kisame.

Yea. He seemed jus a tad OP. 
by him saying that he can use those types of jutsus means that he can use other types of jutsus a that same level

Users who are viewing this thread

Back