Naruto - Back to Basics - OOC

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]You can use the 9 for 19 so your character actually made it

[/QUOTE]
I think defending from Marvels requires a pair since it's considered a Minor Action, but I am not sure. Anyway, I think I can live with an Awareness debuff for now.

The effect activates once the wave is complete

However if you were hit by Onna gotta dodge twice one of the massive explosion happening and the attack from her

Also marvels can be defended with a single die but it would be hard to do so

Also if you want it to

Question is, did the wave uh, finish before or after the Main Strike?

And uh, pretty sure one roll for all of it, ain't it?

And in general, just, really, really confused on how this is going down. I know pretty much everyone is screwed. But how is the process of us being screwed going to be done? And, yeah, just uh, confused here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wave finished before the Main Strike, therefore you should apply the footwork penalty to the Main Strike. Not sure if you should apply it to the Wave Dodge, though.

I used my same roll to defend against the wave, the strike and the marvel. Not sure if I should have used a different one for the wave.

Blume, for the ripples I believe it needs to be like any other roll. Like you see how you added them up? It should be choosing a number and adding 10 to it, or w/e it is for a pair and beyond

3 4 5 6 -- you have as 18, but it should be 16. <--example

Kin is right on the roll part. Given how all rolls are done with one method it would be odd for it to be done differently without it explicitly saying so

MechaGhoul said:
Ah yeah, just noticed Masq, used 7 dice against Blum. As Blum is using 2 Malicious Joss the pool should be at 5.
I unfortunately wasted two Chiv Joss at the start of the round, so im stuck with extra dice the whole round.

And I think Onna's wave is being misunderstood. There's nothing to dodge. Any wave tied to the initiative roll automatically works unless the wave is broken, that's what makes it so strategic and dangerous. It's how to game balances out people with low initiative. They are either going to get effed up by a nasty shaping marvel, or be unable to stop anybody that tries to run away; which makes a lot of sense.

If sensei didn't come in Kazimah would be gone. The same with Onna. No one was able to break it, so what's done is done.

Disrupts and knockbacks are dodgeable since they are part of the attack role, but anything done with the initiative, you better run or wave break.

So since it was completed, everybody has the penalty

Yeah but due to the nature of the shaping wave, which is EXPLOSION I figured it'd make sense to try and avoid getting hit with it and the penalty effect is like craggy ground that's all uneven and maybe the shockwave kinda staggering everyone

Bonnenheimer said:
Would this explosion count as excessive yang energy, which my style Laughs At?
Also yes

Keep fighting

Those who have minor condition scored are out unless tagged in.

Also -10 footwork should help with decreasing dodges

Don't think anyone has been inflicted with a minor just yet.

Pssssst Kiiiiin, I noticed that you got the two ripples from the crit fail, from Blum's attack.

But, you didn't mention your Rippling Roll defense roll against the Ripple that'll come against you.

And, since you have hit that magical number five in your amount of ripples, you also have an immediate rippling roll happening alongside the one that.

So two rippling rolls you'll need to make.

If both the wave and the attack made me ripple and I got 5 ripples from that, do I have to ripple myself two times more?

Oh yeah prolly should give some deeds.

One for the explosion which would fit the ferocity virtue.

And another one possibly force because dat dodge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back