• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Monster Hunt Characters

Kazanna Kazanna Okay, I see you've found the Logistics page but I am not finding the passphrase in your CS (sorry if I somehow missed it... even if using ctrl+F.) But since I don't feel like playing a game of find the needle in the haystack when I've got schoolwork, just reply to this with the passphrase.

Also, she's rather OP as was pointed out. You need to add one more weakness and cut out some of her strengths. As I read this I see that she is virtually untouchable, impossible to escape, incredibly agile AND strong, skilled at an "arsenal of weapons" and has a keen eye for detail. PLUS influential husband in the shadowy side, PLUS custom blades. That's waaaay too much even for one crazy lady to have. I'll need you to limit her specialty in terms of weapons as well.

Remember that her husband as you wrote is "relatively unknown" noble and thus she wouldn't have that much funding. And keep in mind the time period: strong fibers for clothes that can double as defense (kevlar, etc.) aren't invented yet. This is still medieval times. Please keep it within reason. I also have no clue as to how she would have gotten hold of "ten miles" of thread from some theoretical "giant spider." Not plausible in this scenario.

I get that you might feel a bit intimidated as it's a lot of monsters vs. one hunter (you), but remember that you are human and don't have to hide your nature. Also, monsters wouldn't be able to use their magic in a visible fashion.

However, I did like the interesting touch of being married to this similarly minded character.

Kazanna Kazanna Okay, I see you've found the Logistics page but I am not finding the passphrase in your CS (sorry if I somehow missed it... even if using ctrl+F.) But since I don't feel like playing a game of find the needle in the haystack when I've got schoolwork, just reply to this with the passphrase.

Also, she's rather OP as was pointed out. You need to add one more weakness and cut out some of her strengths. As I read this I see that she is virtually untouchable, impossible to escape, incredibly agile AND strong, skilled at an "arsenal of weapons" and has a keen eye for detail. PLUS influential husband in the shadowy side, PLUS custom blades. That's waaaay too much even for one crazy lady to have. I'll need you to limit her specialty in terms of weapons as well.

Remember that her husband as you wrote is "relatively unknown" noble and thus she wouldn't have that much funding. And keep in mind the time period: strong fibers for clothes that can double as defense (kevlar, etc.) aren't invented yet. This is still medieval times. Please keep it within reason. I also have no clue as to how she would have gotten hold of "ten miles" of thread from some theoretical "giant spider." Not plausible in this scenario.

I get that you might feel a bit intimidated as it's a lot of monsters vs. one hunter (you), but remember that you are human and don't have to hide your nature. Also, monsters wouldn't be able to use their magic in a visible fashion.

However, I did like the interesting touch of being married to this similarly minded character.

Welp, I tried. If you can't find where I put in your passphrase, *shrugs* If you look at the bottom of my post I played a joke, highlighted the letters to form not only the word itself, but also the Latin name of the plant.

On the note of her being OP. I set her up to be strong, to be believable based on her age. She wouldn't have survived to 42 years of age as a human fighting creatures that could tear her limb from limb without having gotten very skilled, very strong, and very agile.

As far as her husband goes, some of the least known people within aristocratic societies have enough wealth to move mountains. As I stated in her information, He's unknown, but he has a great deal of contacts within the darker parts of high society, implying that they're well known within the less honest end of high society.

The strong fibers for clothes are something that could be home made in any era given the proper amount of time, which, my characters had decades on most of the rest of the characters in the play. As for the 10 miles of Giant Spider Silk, If there are supernatural creatures within this world, are there not in theory giant insects? Ten miles isn't that much considering it's ten miles of straight fiber. Wrapped up that would be vastly smaller than what you seem to think it would be.

Intimidated? No. I built a hunter that's capable, skilled, and is old enough that her arsenal is understandable, or rather should be. Her weapons would have been built up over time, rather than suddenly pop out of nowhere as anyone under the age of 20 in any other medieval style RP world have used to acquire their tools and weapons.

Alas, regardless, if you don't have the time to find the needle in the haystack, and yet the time to rush me on a build when I've got internet constraints until tomorrow, I suppose I shall withdraw. I apologize for causing such harm.

" By my hand the world shall be cleansed."

Name: Fredrick Longview of Adelport
Preferred Name/Nickname: (optional)
Species: Human
Other Abilities/Skills: Master crossbowman, swordsman and a skilled tracker, outdoorsman

: General Information :
---------------------------------------------------------
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Religion: A member of a small group that calls themselves The Order of the Arrow, that believe these supernatural beings are a curse and need to be wiped from the world.
Height: 6'2
Weight: 229
Appearance:
40a319d9911cbcc23d2acf431152a742.jpg
Clothing/Style of Dress:
same as the picture but for casual clothes he doesn't wear the armor, leg guards, toe caps, or heavy
fabric

: Personal Information :

Personality: A family man first, loving and caring. He is calm and collected, full of resolve in his purpose.
Distinguishing Traits/Marks/Modifications: Scar on his left eye, and he is branded with his orders mark on his right arm
Weakness: His family, if his family is in danger and he knows he will not rest till he can save and protect them
Strengths/Advantages: his years of hunting have allowed him to learn alot about whnat he is hunting.
Greatest Dream/Goal/Hope: To save this world from the supernatural threat
Biggest Fear/Worst Case Scenario: Not being able to save his family and being left with nothing
Bio: His father had been a hunter for the order and Fredrick had been brought up to be one. From a young age he had been brought up to hunt and kill the monsters of the world. Fredrick was a quick learner and quickly grew better then his father and became one of the orders best hunters. One day during a hunt with his father they came across beast with wings and the body of a women. Srill young Fredrick was enamored by the beauty of the creature. They locked eyes and he was instatly lost in them. Fredrick began to approch the the creature. As he was about to touch it his father shot an arrow into its heart and it slumped to the floor. He was furois with his father at first but his father convinced him that the creature had controlled his mind to see what he wanted and not see her for what she was. Just then the creature jumped back up and attacked his father. In a panic Fredrick had dropped his crossbow and was now fumbling with it as his father was getting attacked. When he finally leveled his crossbow and fired it was already to late. The creature had killed his father, and it was from that day that he knew no matter what he could never allow these beast to live.

: Other :
Most Prized Possession: His daughter
Relations: family His Wife Leah and his daughter Isabelle
friends
his best friend and fellow hunter William who his daughter sees as an uncle

eggplant

Last edited:
Edited CS like we talked. Gived information how Nekomimis has been used by both other creatures and humans.

: Intro:
------------------------------------------------------------
"The most beautiful semblance of society is it's cooperation."

Name: Alamush Palhut, of Baaj. Currently denizen of Duermio
Preferred Name/Nickname: Does not like to be called by nicknames
Species: Human
Special Powers: None
Skilled archer. Intelligent. Pragmatic.

: General Information :
Sexuality: Straight
Religion: Follower of Quitulias
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 149 lbs
Appearance:
220px-Painting_of_Lawrence_of_Arabia_by_Augustus_John.jpg

Clothing/Style of Dress: Dresses in the traditional robes of his homeland.
: Personal Information :

Personality: Alamush is a man who conducts himself with absolute politeness, being cordial to everyone he meets. He prefers to avoid violence if possible and tries to defuse situations by talking. Alamush has a distaste for leadership positions and tries to avoid them if possible. While Alamush dislikes violence, if it becomes necessary he acts decisively. He's very empathetic to others and quick to offer what little wealth he has to those less fortunate.
Distinguishing Traits/Marks/Modifications: Always wears a ceremonial dagger. Terrible burn scar on his back, though almost always covered up by his robes.
Weakness: Mere human. Athletic, but not especially skilled in close combat. Anyone with real skill could overcome him.
Strengths/Advantages: Rather intelligent. Skilled bowman. Passable knife fighter, though it isn't his forte. Generally of fit shape, though by no means a terribly fit man. Knowledge of some supernatural species, though not all.
Greatest Dream/Goal/Hope: To help create an ordered society.
Biggest Fear/Worst Case Scenario: A complete breakdown of society.
Bio: Alamush was at one point the mayor of a small rural town in Syria, which he lead for about 10 years. After this period he boarded a trade ship to Duermio. There he encountered Quitulias' Followers and converted to their ranks and became quite the good follower, donating a sizable amount of his income to the poor. He also simply talks to the homeless, knowing all of them by name. He's established a small shop and a small home within Duermio, both of which he has decorated with aspects of his home that he brought with him.

Most Prized Possession: His ceremonial dagger
Relations: Has an immense bond with the villagers he grew up with. Would be elated to see any of them. Knows merchants in Syria from his days as a mayor.
Fun Fact: Though its expensive and hard for him to afford, he regularly imports the coffee of his homeland that he drinks everyday.
Other: Eggplants are his favorite fruit.

Last edited:
Well, not liking it isn't the same as not being willing to use it. Just don't let him know you're a supernatural :P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back