Mission Reports

Beowulf said:
So, what are the odds of me joining right now?
I may be open to having a new player added in; do you have any experience with the system or the cartoon series? If not, don't worry too much. I have walked many trainees through the system over the time I have been running this game.

So. I know I'm first in the current initiative order.

But I'm not sure what I'm first /into/... because I don't know what's in the area I just burst-charged into yet.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]1d20 right?

[/QUOTE]
Plus any bonuses to your Initiative

Captain Hesperus

Beowulf said:
No, I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with either.
Thats ok. Everyone has a first time at a game. The basic premise of this is that the Earth has been invaded on two different times, and we are in the end stages of the second invasion. Earth defenders have large transformable mecha that they are using to defend themselves from the alien forces; a ground unit called a hover tank (heavy armor with a really big gun), and the jet/helicopter of the Ajax (less armor, but able to carry lots of missiles). In the Characters folder there are three different sets of pre-made character templates. The ground-pounders are the ATAC ones, the flyers are the TASC, and the GMP are intelligence officers and police.

For a beginner, I would suggest the ATAC characters for the ground unit of the hover tank. It is maneuverable, powerful, and carries a ton of armor, and has less record keeping to worry about than the Ajax and its missile loadouts.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]1d20 right?

[/QUOTE]
Correct.

There is a brief combat summary posted on the first page; go ahead and look it over to get an idea on what you are going to be doing in a fight. Also, skills are all based on a percentile with the highest you can get is at 98%. Every level you go up, you increase the skill by 5% until it reaches its max. Once you have picked a template you would like to use from the ATAC ones listed, just copy and paste it into a new page with a character name and I'll help you with any fine tuning that you may need.

Once I get home from work I'll set up the scene for the Battle at the power reactor and introduce our new player. Hopefully everything will go smooth

And I will respond to any situation that is given to me tomorrow. It's nearly 11 pm here. So, good night.

Just to help set the scene for @Beowulf, you are inside a massive enemy ship (over four miles long x three miles wide x a mile tall) that has crash landed just five miles away from Monument City, the headquarters of the Army of the Southern Cross. Several teams have been inserted into the ship to let the aliens know that you mean business, and your team was one of them. Sadly, you are the sole surviving member of Raven Squadron (or so you believe), and your lieutenant is buying you some time to get away and regroup with another team.

Posts upcoming in the morning.

@JayTee, you are up in the fight.

BTW @Beowulf, I'm sorry that the start-up for you is moving a little slow. It should pick up shortly.

Just a reminder for the Hover Tank pilots; you only get three shots a round with the big gun on your mecha. So far, against the few targets in the chamber, no one has used their particle cannon yet. Make sure you declare "I'm using my PBC" or "I'm using my Eu-11 Rifle" so I know how much damage you're going to do.

hellrazoromega said:
Do I need a defense roll for those foot soldiers firing at me or did they miss?
I knew I forgot something. I'll post their rolls, then you can either dodge or parry as you choose.

Even foot soldiers can have MDC weapons. Even our own hand held weapons do MDC--just usually not as much as the ones on the vehicles

In any game but a Palladium game, you'd be right--heck in Rifts there are man portable guns that would give our vehicle gun pods a run for their money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back