Mission Reports

I'm not looking to run a Robotech game; I'm looking to find books that would boost my knowledge of our game here. =)

How much time passes between Southern Cross and the Invid Invasion? Will we be seeing Alphas, Betas, etc. in our game someday?

And we broke 1000 posts in this thread! Woop-woop! =)

Ah. Well, the Southern Cross one is my primary inspiration. There are a few things like the non-transformable battloids that the ASC use that have not been in the forefront of the story but are still in the books and may eventually make an appearance. The other books add to that with new equipment and new enemies, but 99% of what I'm pulling out is from that one book.

If I decide to run the end of the Southern Cross war to the beginnings of the Invid Invasion, it will still be several years game time and several levels. I have not seen any hard numbers on how long it took from the time that the Robotech Masters lost/were destroyed to when the Invid first showed up, but they may exist in one of the books. I would have the group survive the invasion either on Earth in a hidden base or on the Moon, and your high levels would make for the characters forming the core of a resistance cell on Earth to fight back before the Attack on Reflex Point and the Regis. Hmmmm. Ideas begin to percolate.

Sherwood said:
No worries. Just a reminder to the hover tank pilots; you only get three shots with the main gun a round. Make sure you state if you are using it or the smaller weapons on your mecha. @hellrazoromega, you are being targeted by some bad guys. Declare your defense (dodge or parry) and make your roll.
I was under the impression that my shots were "Effectively unlimited" because I was using the particle cannon. It's what I've been using pretty much exclusively for a decent amount of time now.

They are, but it can only fire a few times per round. I've been keeping track of the number of shots, and have adjusted the damage accordingly.

Huh, I was under the impression I could only attack once per round/turn/whatever. Am I not living up to my full offensive potential?

No, you have it right. I keep track of who is up in the initiative order, and as you declare attacks or dodges, I tack them onto the number of actions you have used. Some attacks use more than one action to complete, such as a power punch. You can do as many of them as you like, so long as you have actions to do so.

Sherwood said:
"My insurance rates are going up! Noooo!"

BTW, I just got my copy of Robotech RPG Tactics in the mail a couple of days ago, and I have been in an frenzy of building the pieces for the game ever since. Very detailed pieces. I look forward to collecting them all.
Oh snap. This is the first I have heard of a Robotech minis game!!! Had to run right out an take a look.

I saw the Kickstarter and was sorely tempted to donate, but the bank manager said "Hell, no!"

Captain Hesperus

On a completely unrelated matter, I'm looking for interest in an Exalted game featuring Alchemicals. If you or anyone you know of that would be interested, I have a post in the recruitment thread about it.

What Shard are you considering (if any)? I once played an Exalted Modern game that I quite enjoyed. And, as for not knowing much on them, teaching can be facilitated...

Captain Hesperus

Re: Exalted game. I know very little about Exalted and I am currently at my (self-imposed) limit. Hope you have fun with it! =)

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]I saw the Kickstarter and was sorely tempted to donate, but the bank manager said "Hell, no!"
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
Lol been there meself from time to time. I did my KS for the year before I knew about this.

I wanted to get into the Kickstarter for the game soooo bad. I just didn't have the cash. :cry: Ah, well. I will just collect the pieces on my own.

Mind if I take back my earlier action to put my fat, tanky ass in front of Cap? I didn't realize I could do that.

Sure. Make what is basically an anti-dodge roll, and if you beat the bad guys, you'll take the hit instead of Alex.

shakes head at the image of a 'fat, tanky ass' and laughs.

Sherwood said:
Sure. Make what is basically an anti-dodge roll, and if you beat the bad guys, you'll take the hit instead of Alex.

shakes head at the image of a 'fat, tanky ass' and laughs.
Awesome, thanks. I edited the post.

PS: I like industrial grade, armor plated butts, and I cannot lie. :wink:

I tweaked the post I had up to show Ryan taking the hit, and you can split the damage between your arm shields.

Yeah, definitely. Can I raise my mech's arms and spam "Come at me, bro?" in the enemy's comm, to throw them off their game? :wink:

What Theo really wanted to say was, "We're screwed. We're some real pretty s#*t now, it's game over man."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back