• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mercenaries of Deretor (Fun Chat Thread)

Hey, guys. The biggest post I want to wait on is @Witchy ... unless you all really want me to move on, I would like to wait for her. After that, though, we can finally finish this up and move to the post-mission, and next downtime.

Is that alright?

@Kirito Kei

Do you mean of the characters? Because I was going to make "after-action" sheets that show what free upgrades Phoenix Rest gets, the supplies/NPC, upgrades you can purchase, and character upgrades.

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19862-kirito-kei/ said:
@Kirito Kei[/URL]
Do you mean of the characters? Because I was going to make "after-action" sheets that show what free upgrades Phoenix Rest gets, the supplies/NPC, upgrades you can purchase, and character upgrades.
Ah, nevermind. I decided that I don't want to do it. Also, holy fuck man! Please, never say that you are a bad GM. You are actually going to take time to make sheets for all the stuff that we can get? Man, you continue to amaze me.

@Kirito Kei

Hey, what would be the point of having your own homestead if you cannot fix it up? Also, you guys are not going to have static power levels, so it is my job to let you know the possibilities.

Well, of course, half the guild is passed out on the floor so it'd be hard to have one before we get everyone up and moving.

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19862-kirito-kei/ said:
@Kirito Kei[/URL]
Is it really that uncommon for GMs to allow players their upgrades?
Well typically, in my experience, GMs would do it in a more narrative way. Instead of giving players the option from choosing multiple things, they just present something and say 'it's there if you want it'. Or, the other common case, is that players start the roleplay with OP equipment and never need to upgrade.

@Kirito Kei

Well, if you were OP at the start, then what would be the point? At least, that is how I think.

And, I like to give my players a bit of freedom, as if this were an RPG.

Besides, the character upgrades (such as increased magical skill or traits) can be explained in the narrative if you'd like. Other than that, I was going to give a monetary award, and let the player decide what to buy... IC, they'd need to search and buy it, but still.

...I don't know, what do you think?

@Kirito Kei[/URL]
Well, if you were OP at the start, then what would be the point? At least, that is how I think.

And, I like to give my players a bit of freedom, as if this were an RPG.

Besides, the character upgrades (such as increased magical skill or traits) can be explained in the narrative if you'd like. Other than that, I was going to give a monetary award, and let the player decide what to buy... IC, they'd need to search and buy it, but still.

...I don't know, what do you think?
Of course, this way is WAY more fun. It's just that the typical roleplay is more focused on the story. Not to say that this roleplay isn't focused on the story, but it goes into more detail when it comes to combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back