Mass Combat

The suggestions of the steam Faction are extremely tempting; in offering a source of new souls, they have managed to strike right to the heart of our needs, and the Crystalline Faction must humbly bow to their perceptual abilities.

On the other opposable claw, the offer may cause a certain amount of unrest within our community, such as it is; the Steam Faction's oft-advertised plan to conquer Yu-Shan conflicts with the loyalties of many Dragon Kings, particularly those who are most fervent in their worship of the The Big Shiny Cheese. These concerns also apply to the resurgent Solar Exalted, who may oppose the Steam Faction's "economic ventures"... including the sun Faction, whose offer is also to be considered.

Nobody wants internal conflict when Dragon Kings are involved. We have a very hands-on approach to disputes.

If the Steam Faction can lay such fears to rest, then their offer of co-operation (SHOCK!) would be almost certainly accepted. And with a revitalised population of Dragon Kings and proper care for the environment, the scope for new developments in vegetative technology will also be increased... something I'm sure our allies at such a point would appreciate.

Well since such seems to tear at you so much, and since our major objections ot the steam faction involve pollution

We make an offerof truce to the steam faction, in exchange we wish to be allowed to send in inspectors to see how wel you are managing Blacktog waste disposal.

In addition, we believe that, with our recent taking of Sijan, we now have an open trade route to Stygia, allowing us access to the well of Oblivion and a disposal site for blacktog

If the people of the various Factions of Creation wish peace, this may be acceptable. However, there are certain factions which mean all harm. These include the Malfean Faction, the Soul Steel Faction, and the Gossamer Faction. What thoughts have the other factions on these dangers?

I have already declared war on the malfean and Soulsteel factions

we intend to kill the deathlords 1 by 1 and take back what they stole from us

In the case of the malfean faction, we will take back the stolen shards and then remind them that they serve us, not the other ay around

As for the gossamer... well if the Jade is up to it, i proposejoint maneuvers to reclaim wyld zones in various parts of the threshold

Yet another reason why the Steam Faction is considering business with some of the more temperate Deathlords, such as the Bodhisattva. Near infinite supplies of Soulsteel and a sound economic policy might make him a very lucrative business partner!

Of course, that's a last resort should our other diplomatic entreaties fall through..

Lol, In one of the games I played in, I managed to convince the group to come join me for an audience with my mistress...  The Lover.  I think the most comic of the individual audiences, was the Moonsilver Alchie who recieved what he could only understand as a 'check-up'.

On the other hand, fate can predict your certain defeat.

So long as it's a foregone conclusion without Deathlord intervention, that is. Given the plans and follies of most returning Solars in the games I've played, that's not an unreasonable assumption.

One thing I always did like about Abyssals, is they're an anomoly to the Sidereals.  Makes good plot-hooks.

Abyssals, demons, Fair Folk, The Steam Faction, The Dead... hell with all those runing around it is a miracle that ANY sidereal predictions come out rght

Flyck said:
One thing I always did like about Abyssals, is they're an anomoly to the Sidereals.  Makes good plot-hooks.
Actually, I don't think that's true. They're still mortal, so they're on the Loom. The Deathlords aren't on the Loom, as far as I know, but the Abyssals are. I'm not 100% certain but I think that's the way it works.....

I believe anything Underworld based, including the Abyssals, were not of the original design and so are not written on the Loom of Fate.  Or at least, that was my understanding.

Then do they just drop off the Loom when they're Exalted? Because they were certainly on the Loom before they went into the Deathlords' service.....

The thing is...they exalt while they're going off of the Loom...IE, you gotta be dying to get an Abyssal shard. And since you weren't supposed to live there...you mess things up. Since you technically died according to fate, you no longer exist on the Loom.

I also think that there was something about feeing your destiny to Oblivion along with your name, so that would kinda take you off the Loom as well. *shrugs* I remember it being that the Siddies had issues with the Abyssals because they couldn't see them...if Abyssals were on the Loom, then they would have seen SOMETHING happening to Thorns when the Mask conquered it with his Abyssals and ghosts....and they didn't see any of it happening at all until after the fact.

Vanman said:
Then do they just drop off the Loom when they're Exalted? Because they were certainly on the Loom before they went into the Deathlords' service.....
Yup

off the loom and onto the Calendar of Setesh

incidentally i you summon a demon vizier and listen to what it says, no prediction of your certain defeat will be binding

I always thought it was simply due to the strong essence of death.  Not all Abyssals originate from mortals on the verge of death...  It is fully possible (and indeed makes for an interesting character concept) to have a Solar turn to Abyssal.

Nevercute?

fugly.jpg

Flyck said:
I always thought it was simply due to the strong essence of death.  Not all Abyssals originate from mortals on the verge of death...  It is fully possible (and indeed makes for an interesting character concept) to have a Solar turn to Abyssal.
Once you step down the dark path, forever will it taint your destiny. And it gives dental. ;)

Flyck said:
Once you step down the dark path, forever will it taint your destiny. And it gives dental. ;)
Yup, and they have GREAT physical fitness plans!  Perfect toned body  by Essence 5, or simply loose all the weight you think you can get away with!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back