• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic Brew Cafè

Hey guys. My little brother (10) is visiting me tomorrow, and we're gonna grill! Yay! But unfortunately, that means I probably wont be posting very much. Since I don't see him very often, he lives on the other side of the country, I'm probably going to spend the day just focusing on spoiling him rotten. Please continue the story without me, though!

Sooo, I wont post much, but I'll be reading your posts. :)

Metaphysics said:
So...Cryo can I add more charas?
You have one right now? Then you can add one more. I have an unspoken two character per person rule, though you can add NPC's or neutral characters. ^^

Hm... Hearing that, I might consider that in the near future as well. I have my reasons why. :)

Ah, I'm new here to this site. I've been RPing with people site to site for a long long time now. Anyway, I was wondering what is the.. goal of this RP exactly? What goes on in it? What are the rules? Can I join? I am interested in starting up in an RP with someone, I figured Casual RPers would be less likely to judge for small mistakes. I feel nervous even writing this, I can come across online as a chatty cathy or even outgoing but I actually am pretty shy and it takes a lot of nerve to do this.

I'm sorry if I sound like a total idiot, I really am.

I just want to know what this RP is all about and if I can join. Is there a specific goal? Is it just sort of a slice of life type deal? Because I'm a pretty nervous and insecure person if you do let me join you, Please don't be too hard on me if I make a little mistake but please point mistakes out. I can be very..awkward around strangers. I also usually am the one making the RPs and forced into being practically the stage manager, I get excluded and forced into making things keep going so others can have fun except for me so I thought being on the other side would be nice for a change.

Its okay if I can't join I can just go ask another RP. I was just interested in this one since I love Cafe's and Fantasy.

RegalWindstar said:
Ah, I'm new here to this site. I've been RPing with people site to site for a long long time now. Anyway, I was wondering what is the.. goal of this RP exactly? What goes on in it? What are the rules? Can I join? I am interested in starting up in an RP with someone, I figured Casual RPers would be less likely to judge for small mistakes. I feel nervous even writing this, I can come across online as a chatty cathy or even outgoing but I actually am pretty shy and it takes a lot of nerve to do this.
I'm sorry if I sound like a total idiot, I really am.

I just want to know what this RP is all about and if I can join. Is there a specific goal? Is it just sort of a slice of life type deal? Because I'm a pretty nervous and insecure person if you do let me join you, Please don't be too hard on me if I make a little mistake but please point mistakes out. I can be very..awkward around strangers. I also usually am the one making the RPs and forced into being practically the stage manager, I get excluded and forced into making things keep going so others can have fun except for me so I thought being on the other side would be nice for a change.

Its okay if I can't join I can just go ask another RP. I was just interested in this one since I love Cafe's and Fantasy.
Alright, I'm going to tell you something odd. I am totally, completely new to the roleplaying world, and yet this RP is my creation. I joined this site a month ago, thinking it could be something to help me get though my anxiety issues. Enough about that, the point is that after browsing the forums, I jumped in with my feet first and made this! It seems to be going pretty well, no? Anyway, I completely understand your hesitancy to writing this and you do not sound like an idiot, is what I'm trying to say.

Now, to start off with your first question; the story, on the outside, is about a Cafè for supernatural creatures, serving all sorts of people. From goblins to vampires, and having a really good time doing so, mixing and trixing with different ingredients for each species. Diving deeper in though, it begins divulging into more serious issues. Monster Hunters killing off the friends of the characters while simultaneously trying to summon to them the dark, scary main villain Serathi and bringing on the end of the world. The Angels, who are sort of like... government? are doing nothing about the situation, which ends with the characters being forced to form a rebellion, going against the threat of the monster hunters on their own.

The end goal as far as I can see it, is that the Cafè try the best they can to prevail against the monster hunters and Serathi in an epic battle of good vs bad vs rebellion, the characters learning important life lessons along the way and generally coming to terms with any hardships they might have had and . Does that make any sense? I hope so.

Though, that's just my thoughts on it. The other users might object. (Feel free to do so guys!)

Anyway, you are wondering of you can join? Please do. I love having new characters join the story, and you seem like the kind of type that would really fit in to out little cafè of misfits.I mean that in the nicest way possible, please don't be offended.

But yeah, sorry about my rambling, please make a character, and if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cryobionic said:
Alright, I'm going to tell you something odd. I am totally, completely new to the roleplaying world, and yet this RP is my creation. I joined this site a month ago, thinking it could be something to help me get though my anxiety issues. Enough about that, the point is that after browsing the forums, I jumped in with my feet first and made this! It seems to be going pretty well, no? Anyway, I completely understand your hesitancy to writing this and you do not sound like an idiot, is what I'm trying to say.
Now, to start off with your first question; the story, on the outside, is about a Cafè for supernatural creatures, serving all sorts of people. From goblins to vampires, and having a really good time doing so, mixing and trixing with different ingredients for each species. Diving deeper in though, it begins divulging into more serious issues. Monster Hunters killing off the friends of the characters while simultaneously trying to summon to them the dark, scary main villain Serathi and bringing on the end of the world. The Angels, who are sort of like... government? are doing nothing about the situation, which ends with the characters being forced to form a rebellion, going against the threat of the monster hunters on their own.

The end goal as far as I can see it, is that the Cafè try the best they can to prevail against the monster hunters and Serathi in an epic battle of good vs bad vs rebellion, the characters learning important life lessons along the way and generally coming to terms with any hardships they might have had and . Does that make any sense? I hope so.

Though, that's just my thoughts on it. The other users might object. (Feel free to do so guys!)

Anyway, you are wondering of you can join? Please do. I love having new characters join the story, and you seem like the kind of type that would really fit in to out little cafè of misfits.I mean that in the nicest way possible, please don't be offended.

But yeah, sorry about my rambling, please make a character, and if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
I have to honestly say I laughed at that "Fit in to our little cafe of misfits. I mean that in the nicest way possible" Part, I could just imagine you anime style waving your hands like crazy with that horrified look on your face. You actually seem to be an extremely kind person, Also rest assured before I even read past "Cafe of misfits" I wasn't offended, I actually smiled at that.

Also this sounds like such an interesting RP, you have quite the creative mind.

My only Questions now are: What kind of magical creatures can you be? Could I perhaps have a fairy? I love Fairies <3

RegalWindstar said:
I have to honestly say I laughed at that "Fit in to our little cafe of misfits. I mean that in the nicest way possible" Part, I could just imagine you anime style waving your hands like crazy with that horrified look on your face. You actually seem to be an extremely kind person, Also rest assured before I even read past "Cafe of misfits" I wasn't offended, I actually smiled at that.
Also this sounds like such an interesting RP, you have quite the creative mind.

My only Questions now are: What kind of magical creatures can you be? Could I perhaps have a fairy? I love Fairies <3
Ah, that's good, wouldn't want to come of as rude. ^^'

You can be anything you want! Be a fairly, or a vampire, or a Pale Man!

My only rule for character creation is two characters per person, though you can have as many NPC's as you want, as long as you keep track of them all. :)

Cryobionic said:
Ah, that's good, wouldn't want to come of as rude. ^^'
You can be anything you want! Be a fairly, or a vampire, or a Pale Man!

My only rule for character creation is two characters per person, though you can have as many NPC's as you want, as long as you keep track of them all. :)
Npcs? What do you mean by that? That honestly sounds interesting!

@RegalWindstar

Well... In my mind, NPC's in this RP are characters anybody can control and that may have a slight impact on the story later. For example, I made Mrs. Cromwell and Mr. Allan (see neutral characters tab) but I don't claim them as my characters. Basically, you could control the Cromwell character for a bit to fit into your post. You could knock her out, hit her over the head with a frying pan, you name it. They are mainly just story filling characters that belongs to everybody. Did that make any sense?

Sort of yeah. Let me just ask to clarify. So they are characters one person creates and everyone can use them, they are supporting characters / background characters. They can be used to push the story along slightly?

Yup, that's the idea. Thank you for shortening my lengthy explanation. I do tend to over explain a lot. x)

Cryobionic said:
Yup, that's the idea. Thank you for shortening my lengthy explanation. I do tend to over explain a lot. x)
^_^ Anyway I'm done with my character I think. If there is anything I forgot that should be added please let me know.

Cryobionic said:
Oh also you don't have to, But if its not too much trouble can you sum up what all I need to know about the story, just the most important I need to know of whats happened already in the RP so I don't mess things up?

Alright. :)

COMMENCE RETELLING:

Vincent and Ase got attacked outside of the entrance to the underground market. They beat up Vincent pretty badly, making him rip open his stitched and bleed out on the pavement. Suddenly, Ellie! The super witch who smells like flowers show up and help him back to the Cafè sewing him up. Vincent is good as new, but Ase is pissed he pushed her back into the market and sealing the exit, hindering her from having any part in the fight. After getting needled and threaded back together, Ellie admits that there is someone she has a crush on, that someone being the red eyed demon whose name starts with a V.

Ase and Vincent make up, introducing two new characters, Qu, Jun! A mysterious Kitsune and a shy, cute Shade. Ellie the flower girl and Vincent go back to the market a day later, as their purchases was ruined in the impromptu fight. Vincent reveals Ellie's soul to be pink.

Suddenly, explosions! The market is overrun by hunters, people dying everywhere! Ellie tripping over a dead wolf girl, and after being bonked on the head with a pipe she get's dragged away.

Que Vincent, Qu and Jun's epic rescue mission, where they free not only one witch, but twenty! It turns out, the hunters are trying to experiment on the witches, deciding to foolishly try bring Serathi, the dark, fallen one back the the human realm. This is a bad idea.

Also, Vincent and Ellie kiss.

Also, Serathi is Vincent's mother.

Chaos ensues when Ase is a newly higher ranked angelbitch, Serathi possesses Jun, making him reveal Vincent's child killing days to anybody willing to listen and would you look at that, Spooks, a waiter, has gone missing because he went to get sugar!

Que the epic rescue team that is Vincent, Ellie and Jun! Finding out where Spooks is in a worrying display of the flower girls true powers, the duo of men leave for an abandoned crypt. Finding a cult inside it, they decide to lay low and wait for the right time to strike, like any rational rescuers would.

But suddenly, archangel!

Ase essentially kills everyone in the room, Vincent knocks a coffin into a wall, Ase accidentally weakens Vincent with a prayer and Jun is thrown into a stone column.

It is revealed that Spooks was used to bring back an archdemon of lightning and fancy sounds named Hamon.

Archangel and Archdemon face off an an epic battle of who is more arch? Vincent get's possessed by his deadbeat mom and nearly kills the Archangle for Hamon, but manages to throw her out in an incredible manly and informational gesture of strength.

Vincent makes his way out of there and collapses on the street in front of Ellies humble abode.

They bang.

Getting back to the Cafè, the demon finally get's the shopping done, and comes back to find his flowergirl in extreme distress, there is a coven of witches who wish to gallantly invite him and Ellie to a yearly ball. A Ball of all tings! Then, apparently Serathi decided to mess Ellie's mind a little, leading Vincent to take her up to his apartment and dump her on his bed, after making her a cup of tea.

Also, Spooks is now Hamon, and totally does not want to kill wither the demon or the shade any longer.

And that's where we are now.

*deep breath* Sorry about the way I wrote this. I'm slightly drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cryobionic said:
Alright. :)
COMMENCE RETELLING:

Vincent and Ase got attacked outside of the entrance to the underground market. They beat up Vincent pretty badly, making him rip open his stitched and bleed out on the pavement. Suddenly, Ellie! The super witch who smells like flowers show up and help him back to the Cafè sewing him up. Vincent is good as new, but Ase is pissed he pushed her back into the market and sealing the exit, hindering her from having any part in the fight. After getting needled and threaded back together, Ellie admits that there is someone she has a crush on, that someone being the red eyed demon whose name starts with a V.

Ase and Vincent make up, introducing two new characters, Qu, Jun! A mysterious Kitsune and a shy, cute Shade. Ellie the flower girl and Vincent go back to the market a day later, as their purchases was ruined in the impromptu fight. Vincent reveals Ellie's soul to be pink.

Suddenly, explosions! The market is overrun by hunters, people dying everywhere! Ellie tripping over a dead wolf girl, and after being bonked on the head with a pipe she get's dragged away.

Que Vincent, Qu and Jun's epic rescue mission, where they free not only one witch, but twenty! It turns out, the hunters are trying to experiment on the witches, deciding to foolishly try bring Serathi, the dark, fallen one back the the human realm. This is a bad idea.

Also, Vincent and Ellie kiss.

Also, Serathi is Vincent's mother.

Chaos ensues when Ase is a newly higher ranked angelbitch, Serathi possesses Jun, making him reveal Vincent's child killing days to anybody willing to listen and would you look at that, Spooks, a waiter, has gone missing because he went to get sugar!

Que the epic rescue team that is Vincent, Ellie and Jun! Finding out where Spooks is in a worrying display of the flower girls true powers, the duo of men leave for an abandoned crypt. Finding a cult inside it, they decide to lay low and wait for the right time to strike, like any rational rescuers would.

But suddenly, archangel!

Ase essentially kills everyone in the room, Vincent knocks a coffin into a wall, Ase accidentally weakens Vincent with a prayer and Jun is thrown into a stone column.

It is revealed that Spooks was used to bring back an archdemon of lightning and fancy sounds named Hamon.

Archangel and Archdemon face off an an epic battle of who is more arch? Vincent get's possessed by his deadbeat mom and nearly kills the Archangle for Hamon, but manages to throw her out in an incredible manly and informational gesture of strength.

Vincent makes his way out of there and collapses on the street in front of Ellies humble abode.

They bang.

Getting back to the Cafè, the demon finally get's the shopping done, and comes back to find his flowergirl in extreme distress, there is a coven of witches who wish to gallantly invite him and Ellie to a yearly ball. A Ball of all tings! Then, apparently Serathi decided to mess Ellie's mind a little, leading Vincent to take her up to his apartment and dump her on his bed, after making her a cup of tea.

And that's where we are now.

*deep breath* Sorry about the way I wrote this. I'm slightly drunk.
Thank you for that, also that last bit the "sorry About the way I wrote this. I'm slightly drunk" Oh that just killed me xD

I was reading what you wrote and was trying so hard not to giggle at it, (when something is as good and interesting as that my reactions either are: Giggle, Squeel or lean in and get absorbed) then that last bit I just failed so hard at not laughing and sounded like a crazy person to my family xD

Also now after the "cup of tea" I want a cup of tea darn it >.<

Cryobionic said:
I'm laughing at you laughing at me. :D
Ps: @Elfia Nightwing @Mr Swiftshots @Scattered Ambitions @thistle If any of you lovelies would like to add something I missed, please feel free to do so. I've written this from memory, so it's bound to be missing some important details.
Lol xD Honestly when I came here to this site I was feeling so uncomfortable, and when I was speaking with you. But slowly while talking to you I've become more comfortable. I was just wondering would you like to be friends?

RegalWindstar said:
Lol xD Honestly when I came here to this site I was feeling so uncomfortable, and when I was speaking with you. But slowly while talking to you I've become more comfortable. I was just wondering would you like to be friends?
Wait, really?

Okay, we're friends now! :D

[QUOTE="Mr Swiftshots]Was I included in that friend request ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]
Ahaha Yes, Yes you are xD *get prepared to hug tackle you*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back